“Trendy Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #35 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Bideford, United Kingdom
“Trendy Boutique Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed in The Morgan for 2 nights for a family birthday. The location of this hotel can not be faulted, right in the centre of Temple Bar with bars/restaurants all with a stones throw away. Very friendly welcome and check-in. The rooms are a good size for a city centre hotel and of 'trendy' modern design (as with the entire hotel). The service in the bar and restaurant was very good, but the food in the restaurant lacked the quality that the hotel/restaurant exudes, still nice though. The only downside was the temperature in the hotel, no air conditioning or air flow throughout the property (fans are supplied), so windows needed to be left open, which in turn affected sleep due to the noise of local bars etc. As a previous person commented....why just one pair of earplugs supplied?! Great hotel but needs air con!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Jamesba1 hi how are things, I hope this email finds you well and that your summer ended on a fantastic note. Jamesba1 thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. Family birthdays are always so much fun at the Morgan. With a location as amazing as ours there is something to do at any given moment, and a stones throw away from literally everything Dublin's Temple Bar has on offer. All its wildlife and adventures within a millisecond of the Hotel. People from all over the planet come for this as it cuts out so much transport and travel expenses. Amazing really to be in the heart of it all. Thank you for your kind comments towards our rooms and our modern quirky design features throughout the Hotel. It's pretty mad but people love it. Each and every one of our One Hundred and Twenty One rooms at the Morgan have unique and funked up design touches that make them different than the next. Something for everyone really. The Morgan Vibe runs through every nano-inch of the Hotel and is tweaked on a daily basis. From the upside down chandeliers to the funked up Parisian courtyard with matching birdhouses. Funk everywhere. Jamesba1 please email me direct before your next stay in Dublin and I will make sure you receive a complimentary upgrade to one of our king size deluxe rooms with air con and all and I'll even make sure they put in two sets of ear plugs for you Lol. To set the story straight, we used to put two sets in every room, and after monitoring this we realized that usually only one set if any were used so we started putting one. Weird but I think we'll start putting two back in. Jamesba1 thank you again and take care

Eddie Sweeney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We were visiting Dublin for the Fringe Festival so wanted to be close to the action in Temple Bar but also wanted a bit of luxury at the same time. The Morgan seemed to offer just that and we were not to be disappointed. On arrival we were upgraded to a deluxe room which was spacious and stylishly decorated. We were able to send excited snapchat videos to our friends on the free wifi, which other hotels don't provide free of charge which really annoys me!

The staff were very helpful and friendly and let us know about deals in their bar and restaurant, 5 euro for a glass of wine seems pretty good for Dublin. On checking out we were able to leave our bags to be collected in the evening.

Overall a great stay and would recommend for anyone visiting Temple bar who wants to experience some luxury.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Fintan H Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well. Fintan H thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and positive review of your recent stay with us. The Fringe is great isn't it. Every year I try and get to a show or two. Some amazing stuff this year and with a location as Awesome as ours your spoiled for choice really. A complimentary upgrade is always a great start to a stay. I've always said that. Starting a journey like this always sets the pace and Vibe for the stay. Things become less and less stressed ( desserts spelled backwards ) and more and more does our world famous Morgan Vibe slowly take over, setting the mood and getting you on your way . Amazing really, like science. The staff at the Morgan are the best in the country full stop. Each and everyone hand picked and fine tuned encouraged to be as mad and approachable as the design surrounding the entire hotel. You wont find anywhere or anything like it on the planet. Each and everyone of our one hundred and twenty one design induced rooms are uniquely different from the next and together helps create the world famous Morgan Vibe. It surrounds us and flows through us like the force from star-wars but different. I'm pretty sure that the days of charging for Wifi are in the past. I can understand a Hotel charging if a guest wanted to download movies or such, but for checking emails and general surfing of course were free. It's year 2013. McDonald's have free Wifi. At the Morgan just log on and Surf ( we don't supply the swimsuits ). Fintan H , once again my friend thank you for the kind and thoughtful words, that was really nice of you. It's nice to be nice to the nice. Please the next time your in Dublin stop in and ask for me at reception and I'll treat you to one of our new Mad Funked up Cocktails for being having the most positive review of the Week. Thank you again and Be well

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

A really really nice hotel in a great location! Tub in the middle of the room, I got to relax in it with the tv swung around! Staff were excellent, very friendly and efficient. View from the room was woeful tho, just the back of buildings but worth it for the location! Ill be back.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank rockfist
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Rockfist hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that you are covered from this rain we have been having. 48 hours straight now. Well, I guess its good for tourism. It keeps the grass green, the streets clean and the pubs full Lol. Rockfist thank you for your kind hearted and warm review of your recent stay with us. Its nice to be nice to the nice. The Love Room aka Room 125 / 225 are the two most popular rooms in the hotel. Everyone loves them and always ask for them. All funked up design induced rooms with old school design bathtubs in the middle of the room. Mad. Its amazing the amount of things that these two rooms are used for. Interviews, fashion shoots, videos you name it really. The three C's, Cool Crazy and Curious we have it all. Rockfist thank you once again for the kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back with us again sooner than later. Be well and stay dry.

State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We hit a gold mine on our first trip to Dublin. From research we knew to stay in Temple Bar, and the Morgan turned out to be the best location...especially if you're looking for authentic Irish music, pubs, walking distance to major sites. It CAN be loud, but the hotel provides complimentary ear plugs. We had a beautifully designed double room with two separate bathrooms. Front desk was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Joan H hello I hope your keeping well and that your summer was fantastic. Joan H thank you for thinking of us and writing such a nice and uplifting review of your recent stay with us. Pennsylvania. I was there a few times growing up. I remember Tobacco fields and the Amish, that's about it though sorry. The Location of the Morgan is the best on earth for. For an Irish experience it's a must stay. The exact middle of Dublin's Temple Bar. Surrounded by all its festivities, wildlife and adventures. The party capital of the country and some say the world. People come to let go, unwind, relax and escape from the daily routine and stress. At the Morgan we have the Vibe on Tap, which in turn runs through every nano-inch of the Hotel creating an experience / adventure catered to everyone's likings. Of course sometimes things get a bit too loud. There is always a game final or a celebration or a anniversary or a holiday or an event and it all happens here. Ring side seats in the heart of the action. Amazing. In one week once we had the Queen and Obama visit, and I have never seen anything like it in my life. Well its were we are.People love it and always come back for more

Be well and thank you once again

NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Just spent a couple days at the Morgan but enjoyed every bit.. great location, nice beds and nicely furnished. Fun bar and nice staff and great cocktails! Front desk was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ElizabethMain
ElizabethMain Hi and Hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Wow man I love the title of this one. Excellent, thanks so much. Sexy Lighting should be in our mission statement ( have you seen our penthouse recently ) Its reviews such as this that I print and tape to our wall in the staff area upstairs. There are a lot of other Sexy things at the Morgan as well. The Staff, The Rooms, The Elevators, The Music, The Art, The Carpet, The Uniforms, The Parisian Courtyard with Daybeds, Fran, The Showers, everything I love it. Some would even say that our Location too is Sexy but that's a difficult one to add. Such a nice review, thank you. Short and sweet and right to the point. ElizabethMain thank you once again for the kind hearted sexy review and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Be well

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Just back from a brilliant anniversary weekend with my girlfriend at The Morgan. Alvydas handled our booking prior to the stay and since it was our anniversary he flawlessly organised flowers and prosecco in the room which was just brilliant. He's the kind of person makes you want to come back. Professional and genuinely courteous, nothing is beyond him and he really goes the extra mile each and every time we stay! A pleasure to deal with! I really do not understand why you would stay anywhere else is Dublin? Location is unbeatable, the staff are superb, and I've never stayed anywhere with an atmosphere quite like The Morgan!

• Stayed September 2013
Tom4387 hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that your summer ended on a great note. The rains here now, but with a summer like we just had that's okay with me for a while. At the Morgan we do anniversary's well. They're very important and we are honored that you chose to have yours here with us. Alvidaz Bakla ( or V as we call him ) is Amazing isn't he. He really knows how to add the touches and make an evening that bit extra special. It's Amazing our location indeed and along with our Funked up design induced cool factor of eleven hotel you are right. There is nowhere on this planet like us. You will never find more personable / cool / warm / funky / hip staff anywhere. All hand picked and fine tuned to perfection, encouraged to got he extra mile. The three C's - Cool Crazy and Curious. We've got it all. People love us and always come back for more. Well Tom4387 I hope now you have started an anniversary trend and will continue celebrate with us. Excellent. Thank you again and be well to each other

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Let Me just start by saying that I cannot praise this hotel or it's staff highly enough. Right through from Booking the hotel with the wonderful Leila to checkout everything was seamless and a joy. The hotel is situated in party central in Dublin with numerous restaurants and bars on it's doorstep yet it's also a peaceful haven when You enter it's doors. we were upgraded to a suite and it was huge for a city center hotel, Bed was as comfortable as I have ever slept in, Decor is funky and contemporary. No sign of any noise to disrupt My sleep even though We were in Temple Bar area.
We ate Tapas platters and had wonderful cocktails in the bar as part of their social hours menu, Bar was absolutely buzzing, In fairness this is common. I've never been in the bar when it was quiet. It is The place to be and be seen. The staff genuinely look happy and are always on hand if anything is needed. Special mention to F&B manager Fran, An absolute legend. Also Sinead who looked after us in the bar and to Eddie Sweeney(The Manager) a Gentleman who takes time out to greet and meet people who are lucky enough to stay in this hotel.
I'm away on holidays next month to Thailand and the Land of Smiles has it's work cut out to compare to the land of A Hundred Thousand Welcomes.(Cead Mile Failte).
To Paul & Lisa the owners Thank You to You and Your wonderful staff for a memorable stay. Already organizing the next one. See You all Very Soon.

Tom.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tom71_Tina76 Hey guys I hope this email finds you well and that your summer ended on a Fantastic Note. Wow thank you for such a nice thoughtful and uplifting review of your recent stay with us. Excellent. A journey that begins with Leila is sure to have a happy ending as they say. If i was to get a nickle for every kind comment towards Leila I would have fifteen cents right now Lol. Seriously, she is the best. A true General in the world of Reservations. My right hand. Tom71_Tina76 that's great that you enjoyed our famous design Suites. People love them and always come back for more. Your own private oasis in the heart of Temple Bar. Cool layed out living spaces with separate bedrooms and kitchens. Smart Tv's, Funked up design touches in the right places and atmosphere world renown by all. I have met so many of my heroes in the suites here. From Abba to ZZ Top literally. The Tapas and Cocktails in the Morgan Bar have soared to a new level. We've started the Morgans " social Hour " which is our own version on Happy Hour. Its taken off like a rocket and has the whole town talking about us. Finally a deal everybody's been waiting for. People are so tired of being ripped of and taken advantage of for prices of drink and food in the city. It's the heart of the city so prices of course will always be high but so places are crazy. At The Morgan we decided to do something about it, so we launched our Social Hour to help people out and show we care right back at them. After a messed up stressed out wound up day, now you can sit in a chilled out Zen like Funked Up design induced atmosphere surrounded by wildlife, cool Sexy lighting, Dj's and our very own Morgan Vibe on Tap and most probably bump into one of Ireland's who's who's at any given moment. Thank you once again and enjoy Thailand , My Irish is a bit rusty but, Is féidir liom go bhfuil roinnt bainne le do thoil