“Location + Staff = Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #35 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Newport Beach, California
“Location + Staff = Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was my second time staying at The Morgan this year, both for business trips, and I couldn't have been happier with the experience. I love the location in Temple Bar, and the responsiveness of the staff was exceptional during both stays. In particular, the follow up and attention to detail of Dave Schneider was most impressive. At the end of my first stay in August we exchanged business cards, after which he inquired about my satisfaction of that visit as well as assisted me in the booking of my recent trip. The upgraded room I received on this recent trip was highly appreciated! Would definitely book them again on my next trip to Dublin!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ALEXANDRA S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Nice hotel, good rooms and very helpful and friendly staff.
Special mention to Bella from Lithuania and She be a from Ireland as they are exceptional.
They take care of you very well, lovely!
I strongly recommend this hotel the centre of temple bar.

• Stayed October 2013
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stylish and trendy boutique hotel in the heart of Dublin's night life. If you want to be in the center of the town activity this is the right place. The rooms are gorgeous, very nice bed and linen, spacious and - despite the central location quiet (though mine on the first floor had no view). Bath facilites were also splendid.
Spend the weekend during the guiness day and crowds were partying in the hotel's bar with loud dj music with a good live saxophone player. And many more bars and parties in teh same r the next block. The breakfast is good, good choice and quality.
It is rather a hotel addressed to the younger generation. If you prefer a more calm and relaxed environment I would not suggest this hotel.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms facing the front road
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
sirius99 Hi and hello and thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, thoughtful and informative review of your recent stay with us. Excellent. And thank you as well for taking time out to do this. Nowadays, time is the most precious thing. Every second that goes by is lost, so making time to write a review of your stay was really nice of you. Thank you, or "Ευχαριστώ". sirius99 I am just delighted that you took full advantage of our location and joined in in the festivities surrounding us. Dublin's Temple Bar is one of the most happening, upbeat, cool and hip spots on the planet and being in the heart of things makes the biggest difference. All the wildlife and adventure right on our doorstep, ready for the taking, and yet inside our design signature concept rooms, your own private oasis of calm, zen and chilled out uber cool even atmosphere that has the world talking about us. Excellent. Our world class Dj's and live musicians communicating with each other through music is a must see / experience. Drums, Saxaphone, Violins you name it, it's here. With Halloween coming up this place has been getting so funked up the last while with preparations and such. We all can't wait for it and I highly advise it being checked out. Mark my words. Halloween at the Morgan this year 2103 will be one for the books. Anyway once again "Ευχαριστώ"and I hope to be welcoming you back again with us sooner than later

Be well and take care

Eddie Sweeney
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Went to The Morgan for a few drinks with friends. The place is spotlessly clean and very friendly staff. Ideally located in the heart of Dublin, close to public transport and next to many nice bars and restaurant's. Got talking to the night manager, Dave Schneider, lovely guy, Canadian. Told him about a room I booked for my friends Wedding Present 2 years ago, my friend was well impressed with the room and I loved the photos of it. We got talking for a few minutes and I was telling him how in the past I was a paparazzi and I was sure plenty of celebrities stayed at the hotel. He offered to show me the Penthouse and the celebrity pix on the wall of guests who stayed there. I was blown away that Dave took time out to show me the place. The Penthouse is stunning and I would certainly book a night there sometime in the future for a grand party.

Overall between the excellent service and great friendly staff, I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, will recommend this to all my friends and family who come from abroad.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

We arrived at the hotel around 10am, hoping to drop our bags off and start our break but the wonderful lady at reception warmly welcomed us, explained we'd been upgraded and the room would be ready in about 20 minutes! We walked over the road to a little artisan cafe for breakfast (not particularly good btw) and checked in to our room a good 3 hours before the 2pm check in time, brilliant.

The rooms were quirky, clean, had a great shower and bath and even though the hotel was located right in the centre of Temple Bar, there was not excessive noise and we slept very well. Breakfast was great, a lovely selection of Irish and Continental items and was served until 11 at the weekends which was great after a few pints of Guiness!

Overall a great hotel, clean and well located.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed at the Morgan with my friend as we were going to see a gig at Vicar Street. The Morgan is in an ideal spot, we got the Aircoach from the airport which dropped us off two minutes away from the hotel. Right in the middle of Temple Bar, we were never more than a stones throw from some great live music and great craic! Check in was quick and friendly and even though we arrived early our room was ready. The hotel is decorated in a really quirky yet stylish fashion. Our room was lovely and bright, clean and had the most comfortable beds ever. The Morgan has a lovely Parisian outdoor garden where you can enjoy a nice quiet cocktail away from the craziness of Temple Bar. One point to mention (which as two females traveling we quite liked) is that after midnight the hotel door is locked and you can only gain entry by showing your key card to the doormen, so it has a real safe feel to it, with no one able to follow you in! There is only one teeny tiny point that i would think that would improve this hotel and that is having a plug socket next to the bed so i could charge my phone there - it was quite an effort to push the snooze button from across the room :). I'm already planning my next trip to Dublin and I will definitely stay at the Morgan again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony - its great to people watch - don't worry the rooms are still quie...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Derry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here just for one night as we were going to a concert in the O2 in Dublin that night.The hotel is situated just off the River Liffey in Temple Bar, what i consider the perfect central location. It is within walking distance of O'Connell Street and Grafton Street and the bus and train station.
The hotel inside is very boutique with unique modern paintings, furniture and lights etc. Even the elevator had a cheeky painting of Mona Lisa on it!
I had booked the King Deluxe room, expecting something fantastic. Yes the room was nice, but it could have been a bit more "Deluxe". We received a room at the back of the hotel which we were glad of as it was away from the noise of the street at night time.
The bathroom was great, however there was only one bath robe provided - rather strange since there was 2 of us. I asked at reception for another, the receptionist said she would take care of it while we were out, but they never left one up.
The bed was extremely comfortable and we both had a great night sleep, however we were wakened at 8:30 by a knock on the door, and before either of us had time to get up to answer it, someone had opened it. I had to call out to tell them to wait for a second. By the time i got to the door and opened it, the man just said i'll come back later.
Also, when booking I had mentioned in the other requests section that both of us were celebrating our 21st birthdays this week and that if they could do anything to make it extra special it would be appreciated (if you don't ask you don't get!). When we were given our key cards to the room, the receptionist wished us happy birthday and that was it. I was a bit disappointed that there was nothing in the room e.g. a note, a card, anything etc in the room wishing us happy birthday.
This is a lovely hotel and its location is great and the staff are friendly and efficient, but it would've been the perfect hotel if they were a bit more attentive.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are better for a good night sleep - they do provide earplugs in the bathroom Also...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple