“You have to love dublin” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #35 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
gold coast
“You have to love dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

When in Dublin, the Morgan has it all, situated right in the middle of Temple Bar, you reall do have to get amongst it. The Morgan hums with fun, from the bar to the lively street outside and several nearby pubs. If you want somewhere central and appealing the Morgan has it all.the rooms are spacious and well presented, quite unique really, I had a small balcony not much of a view but nice to sit out on. The staff were always helpful and obliging. I always love a trip o Dublin and he Morgan makes it even better.

Room Tip: A upgrade is always nice..
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank aries2461
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
aries2461 hello my friend I hope your weekend is going well and as planned. aries2461 thank you for such a nice and uplifting review of your stays with us. It's always a nice feeling getting positive and nice and thoughtful feedback. Hums with fun. I love it. Has a ring to it. I'm going to forward that to our marketing department and see if we can funk that up somehow. At the Morgan we have 121 unique and signatured design rooms. No two are alike. Some have Balcony's big and small, some have kitchens, living rooms and Design Bath Tubs in the center of the Room. Mad. aries2461, please email me direct the next time you'll be staying with us on generalmanager@themorgan.com and I will arrange an extra funked up stay with us with all the right trimmings. Have a happy Halloween and I hope to here from you sooner than later

Eddie Sweeney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

My partner and I booked the morgan for a city break for the weekend. The lady on reception who greeted us was brilliant- checked us in extra early at 9 in the morning and upgraded our room too!! such a great location right in the middle of everything so no taxis were needed! Only could of been improved slightly as when we told the concierge my partner had actually proposed to me that night, he didn't say congratulations or anything which was slightly disappointing.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Exmxmxa Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that the natural high from the marriage proposal is still going strong, and that your love for each other has reached new and exciting plateaus Lol. Exmxmxa, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice email regarding your stay with us. With such exciting and wonderful news it's super nice that you took time out and thought of us. Please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you are planning on staying with us and we'll make it even more special. Congratulations from all of us at the Morgan, the Beacon, and in fact the whole Fitzpatrick Lifestyles Hotel Group ( even our financial controllers ). I look forward to welcoming you both back with us sooner than later.

Be well to each other

Lisburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I recently stayed in the Morgan for one night on a business trip. I was given a warm, friendly welcome. by staff member Dave I was a bit early for check in so understandably my room was not ready. Dave check availability of other rooms and provided me with a complimentary upgrade to a lovely suite. I had breakfast delivered to my room the next day, it was a little later than the time ordered but was exactly what I requested, good quality, nicely presented and tasty. I would go back to this hotel again, business or pleasure

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pauline C
Pauline C, hi and hello I hope this message finds you well and that you are safe and dry from this horrible weather. Two days straight now this rain. Its crazy. Well, after the summer we just had, we can't really complain. It keeps the grass green, the animals happy, the streets clean,b the pubs busy, and it brings in the tourism Lol. Pauline C, thank you for such a nice and thoughtful review of your recent stay with us. Excellent. What a great start to a journey. An upgrade. I love when that happens, and an upgrade to a suite, a super bonus. The Suites here are amazing aren't they. There are 14 different unique and funked up Suites throughout the hotel, each one slightly different from the next and in great demand. I have got to hang out with so many of my heroes in them, from Abba to ZZ Top. Everybody loves them and always comes back for more. Amazing really, your own private oasis in the heart of Temple Bar surrounded by all the action and adventure on our doorstep. People from all four corners of this planet come for this, and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay to the fullest. Pauline C, please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you are planning to stay in Dublin and I will arrange for yet another complimentary upgrade with all the Vip buttons pressed ( Vip5 as we call it ) this time, and we'll see if we can top your last stay with us. Thank you once again for the kind and thoughtful words, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later

fife
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here for the last 12 weeks and all the staff are lovely, efficient and helpful, special mention to Bevin excellent customer service :) I would definitely stay her in the future if I were to visit Dublin again, may be a bit more expensive but the service makes up for this.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
13shirts Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. 13shirts ( I have 3 ) thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and thoughtful review of your recent stays with us. Twelve weeks now. You're part of the family Lol. Bev is great isn't she. Shoots from the Hip. Always smiling and going the extra mile. A customer service Guru. It's amazing really the people that make a difference. I talk to so many guests every week in and out, and one of the common things I notice, is that people don't really like to be away from home. It's hard working and staying in another country during the week and flying home on the weekends, and then back to Dublin again and so on and so on. At The Morgan people love our staff. We have got the most personal, close and caring staff in the country. People get comfort in this and feel at ease and can relax and it takes off some of the preasure and concerns. The days of the Robotic Hotel staff are at an end my friend. 13shirts, once again thank you for taking time out and writing such nice and positive / uplifting words. Please ask for me on your next stay. I would be honoured to buy you a pint or one of our award winning funked up coctails

Be well and take care

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed at The Morgan last weekend for a business/pleasure stay for two nights, we made a special request for a nice room 301 with a balcony as it was a special anniversary too and had a lovely room however it was just a bit too small so we asked for an upgrade. The staff couldn't have been more helpful if they had tried, a first class service with an upgrade to what I think was the Morgan suite, room 428 with lounge/kitchen, very tasteful decor and spotless, bed very comfortable.All staff were friendly, the chamber maid allowed us a peak into the penthouse suite which was spectacular ( well it was before the guests had a party) has a large balcony with cute snug type camper van on it, would recommend this suite for a special party or Hen night, very glamorous! And big thanks to Bevin and Ramute on reception who were very nice and made our stay more enjoyable well done ladies, I was even offered a brolly to take with me as it was looking like rain x

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Valmon14 Hi and hello I hope your keeping well and that your weekend is going excellent. I love the review, Thank you. I had to Google the word Swanky this morning as I never really knew the meaning of it. We'll you hit the nail on the head my friend. Swanky indeed you could say. The Morgan is the place to be and be seen in Dublin. You never know who you'll bump into at the Morgan they say. The Morgan Vibe has everybody the comes to us always come back for more, Swanky or not tehy all love it. World wide. That is Excellent that one of our cleaners snuck you into the penthouse. Amazing isn't it. Two floors and a roof top garden with all the funked up trimmings that has the whole country talking about us. There have been so many memorable events on the roof that if that airstrem could talk we'd all be in trouble Lol. Room 428 in my opinion is the best suite in the building. There are 14 design signuature suites at the Morgan, and each and every one of them is unique and has it's own charm and personality, but 428 is my favorite. It's got the most natural sunlight and it's own fenq shui going on. Very hip and cool. Valmon 14, once again thank you for the kind and thoughtful review of your stay and I hope to be welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Who know, next time what you'll get to see

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Excellent Location, with bars and restaurants on the doorstep, beautiful room and excellent staff. I will be back. That is a definite!! Do not look anywhere else in Dublin!! I won't be!! The bar was also excellent with a saxophonist but I must admit it was a bit loud.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sputwesthampstead
sputwesthamp, If you would look up, Worlds Top 10 best reviews this would be in the Top 5 my friend. Thank you. Such nice thoughtful, uplifting , straight to the point, no messing around, not fishing for anything, right from the heart, Funked up and fun review. Thank you. That really made my weekend, great. sputwesthamp, please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com before your next stay and as a thank you for the positivity I will arrange a comp upgrade with Vip status and all. Take care, enjoy Halloween and be well

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the morgan this weekend - i had booked a double room back in August as we were going to the o2 on saturday night and had decided to make a weekend of it.
We arrived at the hotel on saturday morning around 10am and our room wasnt yet ready - this was absolutely fine as we didnt expect it to be but the receptionist was really helpful and took our bags so we could go sightseeing.
When we came back around 3pm we were told our room was ready and we had been upgraded to the morgan suite! Delighted doesnt cover it as the room was beautiful and i can honestly say i have never slept in such a huge and comfortable bed!!
Great location for a hotel, right in the centre of temple bar which was perfect for what we wanted. The breakfast is great - everything you could possibly want to choose from and plenty of it!
If i had one critism, and im struggling to find anything, i would say that while the drinks in the bar are really good, they are a touch on the expensive side....although to be fair, this is dublin and they are expensive wherever you go!!
All in all a fantastic hotel, we will definitely be back on our next trip to Dublin!! Thanks for a fabulous weekend 'the morgan'!!