“Great boutique hotel-friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #34 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Dallas, Texas
“Great boutique hotel-friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

This boutique hotel was in a great location in Temple bar. Had an extremely helpful and friendly staff. The room was large, and clean, and the bed comfy. The live music and bar was an added bonus. If you are looking for a great spot within walking distance of all the best bars, restaurants and tourist attractions, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Sheryl K Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that Dallas is as Excellent as ever. Wow, what a cool, nice, straight to the point, no messing around, thoughtful, informative, kind, outstanding and funked up review of your recent stay with us. Thank you that was really nice of you. I love reviews like this. Don't get me wrong I love all reviews really. We learn so much from them, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly as they say, but reviews like this I adore.Such kind and thoughtful words condensed into a short and sweet paragraph riddled and sprinkled with heart filled compliments. It's amazing our Location isn't it. Smack Bang in the exact middle of Dublin's Temple Bar with all it's wildlife and adventure on our doorstep. Close to literally everything one would want to see, try, buy, experience, Amazing really. One of the most central hotspots on the planet. Sheryl K, thank you once again for the kind words and I hope the Cowboys do well this year Lol

Be well and take care hope to see you back with us soon

Eddie Sweeney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed at The Morgan Hotel for this weekend and all I can say is that I wish it was for longer!!! Our stay got of to a great start when we arrived in the morning that not only could we drop our bags off and go exploring before check-in but that our room was ready and with an upgrade! Result!

The reception staff were great - very friendly and genuine when asking what you were up to with your day offering tips and advice to make the most of our short stay!

The room was clean, tidy and plenty of room for 2 girls to get ready in for a great night in Dublin. The bed was like a cloud - soooooo comfy and much needed after a day exploring and sampling all the delights of Temple Bar - all of which are on your doorstep so the hotel is located in the perfect location!

I read reviews of a noisy hotel as there is a bar downstairs and close to bars, pubs etc but the hotel is just located off a side street away from the bars wit live music and had no issue with the noise if anything it was atmospheric!

Would 100% recommend the hotel - stylish but cool with it! Thanks for a great stay *****

Room Tip: Definitely try one of the cocktails at the hotel bar!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Miss_Jac_2013, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that your Halloween went well. Halloween at the Morgan this year was by far the best yet. We brought the festivities to new levels this year and already has people asking for next years. Wow, such a nice and thoughtful review. Thank you. Can you imagine what the world would be like if everyone would be that nice and would send such thoughtful and complimentary reviews filled with praise and positivity such as yours. Well, the answer is it would be a better place. Miss_Jac_2013 what a cool and great way to start a stay. A complimentary Upgrade before you start. Amazing. I absolutely love the reference to our beds being like clouds. They really are aren't they. Singles, Doubles and King sizes, all cloud like and heavenly. Designed for maximum comfort and support ( with a cloud like feel to them Lol) Excellent. Thank you so much for your kind comments on our rooms. At the Morgan there are one hundred and twenty one unique and funked up rooms each and everyone of them different from the next. Having a location as central and awesome as ours its an excellent place to get ready in and walk out our doors and explore Temple Bars wildlife and adventures. To be in the heart of things and have your own private oasis within. The Morgan Vibe has it all, and has people coming back for more. Thank you once again for the hip, cool, nice, heart felt, wonderful, risque, exciting review, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Be well

Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We started our honeymoon in Dublin and the stayed at the Morgan... its perfect...sexy and modern yet humble and boutique the morgan is the perfect balance of a convenient hotel and luxury hotel. In the frontside of Temple Bar...its still quiet enough to get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a very quiet room. they will take care of you
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
kellygevents Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well, and that the Florida sun is as beautiful as ever. I love Florida. I've been so many times and just love it. I also love your review. Thank you so much for the kind and thoughtful words regarding your stay with us. Congratulatuions are in order. You two are a team now and have the rest of your lives together as one. What an honour to have you stay with us at the start of your Honeymoon. What a great way to start with an environment like ours. All cool, relaxed, sexy, hip, exciting and funked up to a level that people have to see and experience to understand. With an awesome location such as ours in the exact heart of Dublins Temple Bar what more could one ask for. It's Amazing the amount of comments / questions and observations we recieve regarding our funkiness and signature design peices throughout the hotel. Each and every one of our 121 unique and design rooms are looked at and tweeked on a daily basis to perfect the Morgan Vibe which runs through every nano inch of the Hotel. I love the Sexy reference. It's so true. The colours, the lighting, the music, the everything really. People from all four corners of this planet come to see and experience this and to take some back with them. Amazing that you got the full effect. kellygevents thank you once again for the kind and caring worded reveiw. Its random acts of kindness such as this that make the world a better place. Congratulations once again and I hope to be welcoming you two back sooner than later. Take care of each other

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Booked in as a treat at the end of my time in backpackers, hostels etc throughout Europe.
From arrival to check out the service was top notch, internet services, rooms were comfortable and quiet and the hotel is in an excellent location! Couldn't have wished for better - maybe only a few more nights free to be able to stay on!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Sarah H hi, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that the sun is shining down on you wherever you may be. What a nice and thoughtful review, ending an adventure / journey by staying with us is a true honor, Thank you. Are location is amazing isn't it. Smack Bang in the exact heart of Dublin's Temple bar, surrounded by a whole different level of adventures and wildlife Lol. What a nice treat. Sarah H, it's reviews such as this that I print off and display by our staff area for all to see ( you're famous now ) to show that everyone as a team can accomplish anything. Thank you once again and I hope to be welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Be well

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was travelling solo to different parts of Europe and I was starting things off in Dublin. I stayed at The Morgan and had a great experience! The hotel was clean, tidy and located close to many of the attractions in the city. However it was a smidge noisy at night.

Being a girl and travelling alone I felt very safe and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. One of the hotel staff, Odrahan, went above and beyond as he provided me with maps, gave me great tips and facts about the city and ensured all of my questions were answered. I was thoroughly impressed and extremely appreciative of his time and effort.

I would certainly recommend this hotel for all of the above reasons.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ccaannddiiccee, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well. Hey, thank you for such a nice review. That was really nice of you. It's nice to be nice to the nice as they say. A random act of kindness goes such a long way I find. Can you imagine if everyone in the world at the same moment did something nice for someone else without thought of reward. Anyway, our location is amazing isn't it. The exact heart of Dublin's Temple Bar and all it's sights and surroundings. People from all over this planet come to Ireland for this and always leave with a smile. At the Morgan, you will not get a more convenient, comfortable, cool, hip, handy, fun and happening area, where within minutes you can be anywhere in the city or on you way to anywhere in the country. Amazing really. What a cool place to start your European voyage / adventure. So many times i talk to people walking around or through Temple Bar and they always stop into us for a look around at all the Funked Up visuals and design features on display. Our reception area has seen more flashes than Graceland I figure. They are always amazed at our Location being in the heart of it all, and yet in it's own Cool, Crazy and Curious like atmosphere. An Oasis some say. The Morgan Vibe draws them in, staying with us or not and makes people feel at ease, safe and secure. Amazing. Thank you again for the kind and uplifting words and I hope to be welcoming you back with us on your next adventure. Be well

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stay in loads of hotels with business and have been staying here 3 nights a week for the last 3 months. I am difficult to please but this has been a great experience for me. Bevin constantly gives very friendly / cheery welcome and is a credit to the hotel, Alvydas the same and always remembers your name. Dave makes sure you are looked after really well in a 'not in your face' way. The rooms a modern, spacious with v comfortable beds and the whole feel of the place is upbeat, modern, and friendly.

I will always ask for this hotel when I am back in Dublin.

If I was to be picky, I think the food is a bit bland, and make sure you get a quiet room or one with aircon in the summer so that you don't have to have widow open - things can get a bit noisy, but to be honest this is the price you pay for such a central buzzy location!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi NickGriffin12 I hope this email finds you well and that your weekend is going excellent. NickGriffin12, thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your stays with us. That was really nice of you my friend, and even more for taking time out of your schedule to do this. Time is so precious. The long stay regular guests that stay with us work so hard, and when they are not working I figure the last thing they want to be doing is being on a computer, or filling in reviews and all that so thank you for thinking of us. At the Morgan we have the best staff in the country full stop. The most friendliness, outgoing, caring, cool and as funked up as the decor staff. Very rare to experience this and the ones that do always come back as they feel the warmth and comfort of this. Working away from home is a difficult thing. At the Morgan I believe we make it easier. It must be such a terrible feeling going back to a hotel after an intense day at the office, and being greeted by a text book, robotic vibe. Well as you know not at the Morgan. Amazing really.
NickGriffin12, thank you once again my friend, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us next week. Have a great weekend and enjoy

Turku, Western Finland, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

A nice, friendly hotel, conveniently situated for a stay in central Dublin.

"Boutique" in this case means a decor that is quirky, if not downright odd. If you want a change from standard hotel ambience, this is the place. Maybe I should put it this way: if an elevator door painted over with a picture of Mona Lisa showing her bare bottom does not offend you too much, you will probably be OK.

The main thing to notice is that the hotel is located at Temple Bar, Dublin's main entertainment quarter, which is crowded with pubs and venues, so it will get rowdy in the evening. That the hotel bar seems to turn into a disco/club at weekends is not helping any. So unless you plan to join the all-night party crowd, be advised that you'll have to sleep through their noise.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jaakko K
Jaakko K Hi and hello my friend, I hope this email finds you well. The mooning Mona Lisa on the lift is Amazing isn't it. The amount of people who come to the Hotel to see this and take a picture is incredible ( the french can't stand it Lol ). There are signature design pieces equally and even more funked up as this scattered strategically throughout the hotel to add along and help maintain the overall Morgan Vibe. Our location is Amazing to get the full Irish experience and to experience Temple Bar in a modern, unique, hip and exotic design kind of way. The streets of Temple Bar and the Buzz ( or craic as we say ) has the whole world wanting some. There are people that wait their whole lives to experience this and take part in the singing, drinking traditional adventures. All the green hats and orange beards, flags, Guinness everything, Leprechauns, and all. Sure it can get a bit noisy sometimes. Over the past year we have slowly been going from room to room ( all 121 of them ) and investing in new and improved ways to eliminate sounding issues for even the lightest of sleepers. Its a work in progress and it's going well. Please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan the next time you are thinking of staying in Dublin next and I will offer you a friends and family rate with a complimentary upgrade and I would very much like to hear your feedback once again. Take care and be well. I hope you are all set for Halloween and enjoy