“Great location”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #39 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Lovely experience at The Morgan. Staff were very friendly.
Rooms were big. When we arrived into our room we had no door on the bathroom, when we went down stairs to tell them they upgraded us to a lovely suite.
Breakfast was very pricey doh.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,947)

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I've beens staying at the Morgan on and off for a few months now. I would really recommend this hotel to anyone who is thinking of staying in Dublin. The rooms on the whole are large, comfortable and clean. What really recommends it is the staff. The are always freindly and nothing is too much trouble. I'd especially like to mention Bev, Dave, Alvidaz, Adelpha Ramuta and Lily. They run reception and the Breakfast resturant. Always a smile and a happy word for you. Always making you feel welcome. Thanks guys.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Andrew L, hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that your festive season is going excellent. Dublin is so cool during Christmas. The lights, the songs, the cheerfulness, the glee, and the ugliest Xmas sweaters on earth. The are really bad this year, but it's a tradition. Andrew L thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and thoughtful review of your stay with us. As I always say, It's nice to be nice to the nice. Especially during the time of year it's in, to take time out and log on / create an account on tripadvisor and write a review. This takes time and time is something that we never get back. You using some of your precious time to be nice to us is a true honour my friend. On behalf of the Morgan Hotel ( even our financial controler ) we thank you and wish you and your's a Merry Christmas and all the best of everything for the New Year to come. Catch you soon

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have been working in Dublin since February of 2013 and stayed at a number of hotels during this time. I started staying in the Morgan around June and since I started I have always requested the Morgan as my hotel of choice with our travel booking company. I was really disappointed on the one occasions where I couldn't get booked in for the week!

The rooms at the hotel are brilliant. Even though they are above the bar, very little noise is filtered through the walls, and the décor is excellent. The boutique style rooms are well furnished and the beds are extremely comfortable.

The staff at the hotel are second to none, and I really do feel like I at a home away from home. Many of the staff know me personally by name and it is a real pleasure arriving knowing that all of your needs are taken care of.

Dave, the guest relations manager, is always available to deal with any request no matter how large or small and Beven, who usually checks me in, always has a smile on her face. It is great to have such a warm, welcome reception whenever I arrive.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to work away on business in Dublin, or anyone looking for a good hotel in the heart of Dublin's Temple Bar district.

Room Tip: I personally prefer the rooms at the back of the hotel just because the showers are much more powerf...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We had a fabulous one night stay in The Morgan Hotel in Dublin. The rooms are clean and modern, perfect for relaxing after a busy day. Perfect location on Temple bar, can easily walk to most touristy places, restaurants and shops within minutes. Staff were friendly and welcoming. We stayed on a Saturday night and there was rather a lot of noise coming from nearby pubs and clubs but this is expected when you're staying on Temple Bar, nothing a pair of ear plugs couldn't drown out. Thanks for a fab stay, we will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Jennie B Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that your festive season is off to a good start. Jennie B, thank you so much for the thoughtful and kind review of your recent stay with us. Excellent review, thank you. Dublin is amazing during the Christmas season. The lights, the music, the drink, the cheerfullness, everything happy and glee. It's reviews with such great positivity as yours that make it a better place. Thank you. Our location is awesome isn't it. Smack Bang in the exact heart of Dublin's Temple Bar with all it's wildlife and adventure right on our doorstep. Anything one would want to buy, try, see, do, is just a stones throw away from us and at the same time inside, your own private oasis. This time of year Temple Bar is busy seven nights a week with all the festivities on offer. Something for everyone. Christmas time in Dublin is a very special time and every year they keep out doing the year before. Amazing to see really. Anyway Jennie B, once again thank you for the kind, hip, nice, thoughtful, caring, warm hearted, fun, life's too short to complain and funked up review and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Merry Christmas and have a wonderful and positive New Year. Bye

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was accommodating and friendly. The rooms were unique and the shower was great. The only real drawback was the noise from the night club that breaks out in the hotel bar at night, but this was helped by the supplied ear plugs on the night stand.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AaronB13
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

AaronB13 Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that the festive season has kicked off in style for you. Texas. It is one of my dreams to go and see the Stevie Ray Vaughan statue there. I have been told that it is one of the few Rock Start statues on the planet that is treated with respect and well maintained. Such an amazing guitar player and in my opinion nothing has come close since. Anyway Aaron, thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. It is amazing how many compliments we get regarding our showers. One couple the other week wanted me to order them one for their home lol. The most powerful / hot showers in Dublin and along with the signature design concept of our beedrooms / bathrooms it becomes a pleasurable experience and one not to be forgotten. AaronB13, once again my friend thank you for the kind and thoughtful words and I hope to be welcoming you back with us sooner than later. And in the meantime if there is anyway you could take a picture of the Stevie Ray statue / shrine and email it to me on generalmanager@themorgan.com I would be grateful . Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is my 4th stay at this hotel and just love it !
The hotel is located in temple bar so is perfect for shopping , bars and getting around in Dublin
Food is amazing
Staff amazing
Rooms amazing
Would note that the weekend is rather busy and can be a little noisier but nothing you wouldn't expect for temple bar
The quays bar a little up the road is the perfect place to unwind on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon with great music and guiness
Can't wait to come back to the Morgan

Room Tip: Apartments are perfect for longer stays
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynn W

Lynn W, What an excellent way to start the day today reading a review such as this. Thank you, and more so thank you for taking time to do this. Thats really nice of you considering the time of year and all. Lynn W, Four times with us now. That is excellent, please email me direct before your next stay and we'll celebrate your fifth stay with us with a complimentary upgrade and Vip status. It is nice to be nice to the nice as they say. Merry Christmas to you and yours and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

A friend and I stayed in The Morgan recently and it was defiantly the best hotel I have stayed in in Dublin City. The spacious and funky bedroom,great bathroom, friendliness and efficiently of staff,wonderful breakfast. We booked the O2 package and were not disappointed . I will be visiting Dublin again in Feb with four friends and intend to stay at The Morgan again. The only problem I think I will have is that I will measure all hotels in the future by this high standard !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gobnet
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Hi Gobnet I hope this email finds you well and that the Christmas Spirit is flowing like wine Lol. Gobnet, thank you for the kind, thoughtful, warm hearted and funked up review of your recent stay with us. Excellent to read this on a Sunday morning. The O2 packages we have here are amazing. It is such a cool and hip place to see a gig. Who did you go and see there. I often go and it's such a cool time. It's kind of a tradition for people going there to walk down to the venue with all the other concert goers. Rumor is years ago when Bob Dylan played there he walked down to the gig alone with a hoodie on. Went up to the door and told security who he was. Amazing story isn't it. Thats why everytime I go to a gig at the O2, I people watch like crazy lol. Gobnet, thank you for the kind and nice words regarding your stay. It's amazing how funked up and quirky we are and at the same time having a location as awsome as ours. People from all four corners of this planet come for this. To experience us and all the wildlife and adventure right on our doorstep. Ring side seats as they say. In the heat of it all. Gobnet, please email me direct before you come next in Feburary on generalmanager@themorgan.com and I will arrange for a complimentary upgrade to one of our funked up signature design Suites and we'll see if we can top your last stay with us. Merry Xmas and have a beautiful New Year. I look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.