“Outstanding staff great hotel”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #36 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
London
“Outstanding staff great hotel”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I work in Dublin from Monday to Thursday every week & I've stayed in the majority of the city centre hotels, the clarion is a great hotel however I've found the Morgan to be excellent, rooms are great, breakfast is excellent, excellent location surprisingly quiet for temple bar, great access to crunch fitness next door. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone I've also converted a couple of colleagues from the Trinity capital. My wife & son stay with me sometimes & the staff are great at ensuring the room is ready for the baby.
I would like to extend the point about the staff, David & Bevan on the front of house are also a pleasure to deal with always helpful & always concerned that everything is good for the guest, check in details always ready, brilliant customer Service. I would also say the 2 ladies from the Philippines who look after the breakfast service are also excellent, friendly, helpful & hardworking.

Room Tip: Ask for I need in the annex 227 to 237
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
LondonRenehan, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that the festive season has kicked off in full swing. Such a nice, thoughtful, no messing around review my friend, thank you. And an even bigger thank you for taking time out to do this. It's amazing how many people fly over to stay with us a few nights a week throughout the year. We get to know them all and in a way we all become one big family. It is hard to travel so much. I see the regular guests arrive each week and when they walk in with our uber friendly and funked up staff there is an obvious relief and a smile appears when they feel the love and comfort. An amazing reaction really. LondonRenehan, once again thank you for the kind and thoughtful words and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Please ask for me at reception on your next stay and I would be honoured to buy you a Pint or one of our world famous Morgan Cocktails. Merry Christmas to you and yours

Eddie Sweeney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My son and I were fortunate enough to stay at this amazing cute, trendy and friendly Hotel called The Morgan in Dublin. The room was decked out with flare and class. My 13 year old son quoted so many times 'this place is cool dad'. Thanks to the hip and happening staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique with 'Design', take your pick?
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Marty O, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that sunny Oz is as sunny as ever. A christmas without the snow must be different. I guess the lights and Xmas music are the same but without snow Santa must get really hot. Maybe he's go summer gear LOl. Marty O my friend thank you for such a nice, uplifting and positive review of your recent stay with us. Well, your 13 year old son is correct. We are the coolest most happening funked up spot on the planet. People from all over this planet come to us for this and always want more. Amazing the way that works. Magnetic energy some say. The famous Morgan Vibe runs throughout every micro inch of the hotel, fine tuned and tweeked to perfection on a daily basis with signature design peices strategically scattered in the most unique and risque of areas. Amazing. We have the most famous Elevators in the country. The Monalisa mooning and King George doing some Graffiti with a can of spray paint. Amazing, they have seen more flashes than graceland or even the pyramids maybe. Well Marty O, i wish for a freak snow storm to hit Oz in the next ten days for the whole white Christmas effect and I wish the best to you and yours. Give my best to AcDc and Rose Tattoo

Mayo
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Lovely experience at The Morgan. Staff were very friendly.
Rooms were big. When we arrived into our room we had no door on the bathroom, when we went down stairs to tell them they upgraded us to a lovely suite.
Breakfast was very pricey doh.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I've beens staying at the Morgan on and off for a few months now. I would really recommend this hotel to anyone who is thinking of staying in Dublin. The rooms on the whole are large, comfortable and clean. What really recommends it is the staff. The are always freindly and nothing is too much trouble. I'd especially like to mention Bev, Dave, Alvidaz, Adelpha Ramuta and Lily. They run reception and the Breakfast resturant. Always a smile and a happy word for you. Always making you feel welcome. Thanks guys.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Andrew L, hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that your festive season is going excellent. Dublin is so cool during Christmas. The lights, the songs, the cheerfulness, the glee, and the ugliest Xmas sweaters on earth. The are really bad this year, but it's a tradition. Andrew L thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and thoughtful review of your stay with us. As I always say, It's nice to be nice to the nice. Especially during the time of year it's in, to take time out and log on / create an account on tripadvisor and write a review. This takes time and time is something that we never get back. You using some of your precious time to be nice to us is a true honour my friend. On behalf of the Morgan Hotel ( even our financial controler ) we thank you and wish you and your's a Merry Christmas and all the best of everything for the New Year to come. Catch you soon

Bury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have been working in Dublin since February of 2013 and stayed at a number of hotels during this time. I started staying in the Morgan around June and since I started I have always requested the Morgan as my hotel of choice with our travel booking company. I was really disappointed on the one occasions where I couldn't get booked in for the week!

The rooms at the hotel are brilliant. Even though they are above the bar, very little noise is filtered through the walls, and the décor is excellent. The boutique style rooms are well furnished and the beds are extremely comfortable.

The staff at the hotel are second to none, and I really do feel like I at a home away from home. Many of the staff know me personally by name and it is a real pleasure arriving knowing that all of your needs are taken care of.

Dave, the guest relations manager, is always available to deal with any request no matter how large or small and Beven, who usually checks me in, always has a smile on her face. It is great to have such a warm, welcome reception whenever I arrive.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to work away on business in Dublin, or anyone looking for a good hotel in the heart of Dublin's Temple Bar district.

Room Tip: I personally prefer the rooms at the back of the hotel just because the showers are much more powerf...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We had a fabulous one night stay in The Morgan Hotel in Dublin. The rooms are clean and modern, perfect for relaxing after a busy day. Perfect location on Temple bar, can easily walk to most touristy places, restaurants and shops within minutes. Staff were friendly and welcoming. We stayed on a Saturday night and there was rather a lot of noise coming from nearby pubs and clubs but this is expected when you're staying on Temple Bar, nothing a pair of ear plugs couldn't drown out. Thanks for a fab stay, we will be back!

• Stayed December 2013
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Jennie B Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that your festive season is off to a good start. Jennie B, thank you so much for the thoughtful and kind review of your recent stay with us. Excellent review, thank you. Dublin is amazing during the Christmas season. The lights, the music, the drink, the cheerfullness, everything happy and glee. It's reviews with such great positivity as yours that make it a better place. Thank you. Our location is awesome isn't it. Smack Bang in the exact heart of Dublin's Temple Bar with all it's wildlife and adventure right on our doorstep. Anything one would want to buy, try, see, do, is just a stones throw away from us and at the same time inside, your own private oasis. This time of year Temple Bar is busy seven nights a week with all the festivities on offer. Something for everyone. Christmas time in Dublin is a very special time and every year they keep out doing the year before. Amazing to see really. Anyway Jennie B, once again thank you for the kind, hip, nice, thoughtful, caring, warm hearted, fun, life's too short to complain and funked up review and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Merry Christmas and have a wonderful and positive New Year. Bye

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was accommodating and friendly. The rooms were unique and the shower was great. The only real drawback was the noise from the night club that breaks out in the hotel bar at night, but this was helped by the supplied ear plugs on the night stand.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AaronB13
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
AaronB13 Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that the festive season has kicked off in style for you. Texas. It is one of my dreams to go and see the Stevie Ray Vaughan statue there. I have been told that it is one of the few Rock Start statues on the planet that is treated with respect and well maintained. Such an amazing guitar player and in my opinion nothing has come close since. Anyway Aaron, thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. It is amazing how many compliments we get regarding our showers. One couple the other week wanted me to order them one for their home lol. The most powerful / hot showers in Dublin and along with the signature design concept of our beedrooms / bathrooms it becomes a pleasurable experience and one not to be forgotten. AaronB13, once again my friend thank you for the kind and thoughtful words and I hope to be welcoming you back with us sooner than later. And in the meantime if there is anyway you could take a picture of the Stevie Ray statue / shrine and email it to me on generalmanager@themorgan.com I would be grateful . Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.