“Great Weekend thanks to a Great Hotel”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #39 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed with my girlfriend for the first time last month, came up from wexford for something different do, I am very happy I chose this hotel - location,bar and staff! We got upgraded when we checked in by a young lady named Bevin who was great at recommending places and things to see!

Room was great and even had a balcony! We went out for dinner but came back to the hotel for drinks, the place was packed but managed to get a seat right at the bar! My girlfriend was very impressed with her cocktail, so I tried one - cant remember the name but was tasty! Big mention to the guys Albyno, Mihai and very cool AndreiC, you guys are a hoot 3 funny guys! Music was great.

I do agree it can get noisey but if your a complainer you're definately in the wrong place! Could only stomach toast the next morning but breakfast staff are just as great as the others cant remember names sorry guys. Would definitely come back in the new year! Staff neeđ to be recognized and location is too good to be true! Ps try get room at back less noisey!! Thanks again everyone

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Nathan M , on a cold Monday evening such as tonight in Temple Bar, getting a review as nice and thoughtful as yours just made my whole day my friend, Thank you. Wexford is great. I have been there a few times. After they filmed Saving Private Ryan there I went down for a few days to check out the props. Amazing. Anyway that was really nice of you to write such a nice and detailed review of your stay with us. Albino, Mihain and Andei are Amazing aren't they. The Three Amigos as we call them. They are the best flare cocktail guys around. Always doing the moves to dazzle and amaze. What makes us the best is our staff. Each and everyone hand picked and fine tuned and encouraged to go the extra distance for our guests / customers. The Morgan Bar is the coolest, hottest, hippest, trendiest most happening funked up spot in town. Ya never know who you'll bump into at the Morgan they say. Nathan M such a nice and wonderful email my friend, full of praise. Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and yours and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Be well

There are newer reviews for The Morgan

Reviewed 11 December 2013

The best hotel in temple bar!!! Fabulous decor, lovely helpful staff. The rooms are all clean and stylish, lovely cocktails and food and breakfast was excellent, but what makes this place so special is the staff. We travelled in a group to celebrate a special birthday and emailed the hotel before hand, all our requirements were met and they even gave the birthday boy a free room upgrade!
We have stayed many times and hopefully will return many more. The location is also perfect.
Cant praise this hotel enough, thankyou for making our stay so enjoyable x

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Juliette014, What a nice and thoughtful warm hearted filled with love review. Thank you. Birthdays at the Morgan are a big thing here. They are such a special time in ones life time and we are always honoured that people think of us to spend them. You would not believe some of the Birthday requests we have done for people. No request too big or small really, and if we can't oblide we'll do our best to come close. Our location is amazing isn't it. Smack Bang in the exact heart of Dublin's Temple Bar with all of it's wildlife and adventure on our doorstep. Amazing really being in the heart of all the action and being in your own private oasis at the same time, Nirvana I believe it's called lol. Juliette014 thank you for noting our Fabulous Decor. It is amazing how funked up and quirkified we are. Everyday I get emails from all over this planet asking or commenting on our zillions of signature design pieces stratigically scattered throughout the entire hotel and surroundings, helping to create the world famous Morgan Vibe. Everybody wants some. Juliette014, Merry Christmas and have a wonderful and positive New Years. I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Bye

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I work in Dublin from Monday to Thursday every week & I've stayed in the majority of the city centre hotels, the clarion is a great hotel however I've found the Morgan to be excellent, rooms are great, breakfast is excellent, excellent location surprisingly quiet for temple bar, great access to crunch fitness next door. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone I've also converted a couple of colleagues from the Trinity capital. My wife & son stay with me sometimes & the staff are great at ensuring the room is ready for the baby.
I would like to extend the point about the staff, David & Bevan on the front of house are also a pleasure to deal with always helpful & always concerned that everything is good for the guest, check in details always ready, brilliant customer Service. I would also say the 2 ladies from the Philippines who look after the breakfast service are also excellent, friendly, helpful & hardworking.

Room Tip: Ask for I need in the annex 227 to 237
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

LondonRenehan, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that the festive season has kicked off in full swing. Such a nice, thoughtful, no messing around review my friend, thank you. And an even bigger thank you for taking time out to do this. It's amazing how many people fly over to stay with us a few nights a week throughout the year. We get to know them all and in a way we all become one big family. It is hard to travel so much. I see the regular guests arrive each week and when they walk in with our uber friendly and funked up staff there is an obvious relief and a smile appears when they feel the love and comfort. An amazing reaction really. LondonRenehan, once again thank you for the kind and thoughtful words and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Please ask for me at reception on your next stay and I would be honoured to buy you a Pint or one of our world famous Morgan Cocktails. Merry Christmas to you and yours

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My son and I were fortunate enough to stay at this amazing cute, trendy and friendly Hotel called The Morgan in Dublin. The room was decked out with flare and class. My 13 year old son quoted so many times 'this place is cool dad'. Thanks to the hip and happening staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique with 'Design', take your pick?
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Marty O, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that sunny Oz is as sunny as ever. A christmas without the snow must be different. I guess the lights and Xmas music are the same but without snow Santa must get really hot. Maybe he's go summer gear LOl. Marty O my friend thank you for such a nice, uplifting and positive review of your recent stay with us. Well, your 13 year old son is correct. We are the coolest most happening funked up spot on the planet. People from all over this planet come to us for this and always want more. Amazing the way that works. Magnetic energy some say. The famous Morgan Vibe runs throughout every micro inch of the hotel, fine tuned and tweeked to perfection on a daily basis with signature design peices strategically scattered in the most unique and risque of areas. Amazing. We have the most famous Elevators in the country. The Monalisa mooning and King George doing some Graffiti with a can of spray paint. Amazing, they have seen more flashes than graceland or even the pyramids maybe. Well Marty O, i wish for a freak snow storm to hit Oz in the next ten days for the whole white Christmas effect and I wish the best to you and yours. Give my best to AcDc and Rose Tattoo

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Lovely experience at The Morgan. Staff were very friendly.
Rooms were big. When we arrived into our room we had no door on the bathroom, when we went down stairs to tell them they upgraded us to a lovely suite.
Breakfast was very pricey doh.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I've beens staying at the Morgan on and off for a few months now. I would really recommend this hotel to anyone who is thinking of staying in Dublin. The rooms on the whole are large, comfortable and clean. What really recommends it is the staff. The are always freindly and nothing is too much trouble. I'd especially like to mention Bev, Dave, Alvidaz, Adelpha Ramuta and Lily. They run reception and the Breakfast resturant. Always a smile and a happy word for you. Always making you feel welcome. Thanks guys.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Andrew L, hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that your festive season is going excellent. Dublin is so cool during Christmas. The lights, the songs, the cheerfulness, the glee, and the ugliest Xmas sweaters on earth. The are really bad this year, but it's a tradition. Andrew L thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and thoughtful review of your stay with us. As I always say, It's nice to be nice to the nice. Especially during the time of year it's in, to take time out and log on / create an account on tripadvisor and write a review. This takes time and time is something that we never get back. You using some of your precious time to be nice to us is a true honour my friend. On behalf of the Morgan Hotel ( even our financial controler ) we thank you and wish you and your's a Merry Christmas and all the best of everything for the New Year to come. Catch you soon

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have been working in Dublin since February of 2013 and stayed at a number of hotels during this time. I started staying in the Morgan around June and since I started I have always requested the Morgan as my hotel of choice with our travel booking company. I was really disappointed on the one occasions where I couldn't get booked in for the week!

The rooms at the hotel are brilliant. Even though they are above the bar, very little noise is filtered through the walls, and the décor is excellent. The boutique style rooms are well furnished and the beds are extremely comfortable.

The staff at the hotel are second to none, and I really do feel like I at a home away from home. Many of the staff know me personally by name and it is a real pleasure arriving knowing that all of your needs are taken care of.

Dave, the guest relations manager, is always available to deal with any request no matter how large or small and Beven, who usually checks me in, always has a smile on her face. It is great to have such a warm, welcome reception whenever I arrive.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to work away on business in Dublin, or anyone looking for a good hotel in the heart of Dublin's Temple Bar district.

Room Tip: I personally prefer the rooms at the back of the hotel just because the showers are much more powerf...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business