The Morgan
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$213
Mespil Hotel(Dublin)
US$176
US$171
Great 4.5/5
Jurys Inn Dublin Parnell Street(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$215
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$220
US$201
Agoda.com
2,955 results
All reviewstemple barmona lisafleet streetboutique hotelthe penthouseperfect locationmini bargreat barstandard roomnight lifean upgradebars and restaurantsquiet roomfantastic hotellight sleepertrinity collegegrafton street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed for two nights in the hotel, 28th Feb for a fun weekend with friends. 3rd floor. We chose it because of the location. I have stayed in a lot of 5* hotels and this one didn't disappoint. You get what you pay for. The bar was very good, with great atmosphere on Sat night. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Right on Temple Bar this is a noisy area. The staff will advise which rooms are best for noise reduction.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2014

fantastic hotel in the perfect location, i absol cannot find one fault only that i had to leave, bar is great and cocktails are top class and great atmosphere, the hotel decor and style is just is just superb 1st class , cannot wait to stay again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Louise m, this review is the first time I have ever needed to google a translation of a word. Shamazing = shazam + amazing, used as a descriptive word instead of awesome, amazing, great, good, or anything overused. Excellent word, I love it thank you. This word as of today will be added into my vocabulary on a regular basis. Louise m, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, thoughtful, from the heart, funked up and Shamazing review of your recent stay with us. Shamazing, thank you. Please contact me direct the next time you plan on staying with us and I will arrange for a complimentary upgrade to one of our signature design suites with full Vip treatment and we'll see if we can top your first Shamazing experience with us. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Be well

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My girlfriend and I had an amazing time during our stay. The hotel is beautiful, fantastic location, cannot praise it enough! The room was more than we expected. Staff was extremely helpful. Breakfast was nice, although slightly pricey, but what else would you expect for temple bar? Have to admit it was quite noisy early on during he night, but the noise did die off. We would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Tom B, hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Tom B, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and thoughtful review of your recent stay with us. Our location is Amazing isn't it. The exact heart of Dublin's Temple Bar with all of it's wildlife and adventures right on our doorstep, yet away in your own private oasis. Amazing mix. People from all over the planet come to experience this and always leave with a smile lol. Tom B, one of the many things that put us above the rest is our uber friendly and outgoing funked up staff. Each and everyone is hand picked and tweeked / fine tuned to perfection and encouraged to go the extra mile and engage. You'll not find another hotel on this planet with such a cool and funky mix that has everyone coming back for more. Excellent you enjoyed yourself to the fullest and want more. Tom B, once again m y friend thank you for such a thoughtful, kind, nice, truthful and all around funked up review, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Be well and take care

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here from 28th Feb-2nd March 14.

We arrived at the hotel after an early flight at about 9.30, we were told we couldn't check in till about 1pm, this was fine with us as I knew this would probably be the case. They took our cases and we went out to explore.

The hotel has some great unique furniture, which is really different and picture worthy!

We came back just after 1 and were given our card to check in, we had room 319. Room was absolutely beautiful, stunning room, massive bed, two big armchairs, great wardrobe and immaculate bathroom. Everything clean and tidy and well presented. Nice flat screen TV too and wifi in the room and hotel which made a huge difference.

The only aspect of the room I was a little annoyed at was that I paid for a Queen Contemporary room and we had two single beds pushed together with a duvet cover over the top, not very happy as the hotel wasn't cheap and you could clearly feel the mini sink hole in the middle. Maybe I am just being pinickety but the room wasn't cheap so I expected a little better.

The balcony was a really nice addition, my boyfriend is a smoker so was convenient instead of trapsing all the way downstairs. It was nice but a little run down, the surfaces were grubby and had mould and dirt which could have been easily cleaned, and the table and two chairs had definitely seen better days.

Hotel staff were not particularly helpful, I didn't get the name of the person who I asked, I believe it was the manager as she was dressed differently. I asked if they could make us a booking for afternoon tea at The Westin Hotel, about 2 minutes and up on the main road. She reluctantly called and said that the pre-recorded message on the phone did not have an option for reservations, and she said she wouldn't be able to. Maybe it's just me but normally phone options come with a "anything else" option where you will be put through to a operative who will transfer you accordingly.

I might understand if they were reluctant to do it had we not spent any money in the hotel but we had lunch there one day and had at least cocktails each over 3 nights. So I thought better considering it was an expensive hotel.

One lady on Reception we did encounter, Bevan I believe her name was probably the most helpful member of staff in the building. She phoned a couple of restaurants for us to make a reservation, which we could not get and then she recommended a restaurant round the corner, Brasserie Sixty6, which was one of the best meals of the holiday. She also booked us a taxi and gave us directions and anything else we needed.

Cocktail bar was nice, expensive but that's cocktail for you. Bar staff really did not look like they were enjoying life at all. Some of the cocktails were ok, the standard cocktails like daquiri, cosmopolitan, mojito were nice. But others they had adapted weren't great, I had a passionfruit one and it was so strong of lime! He also cut up into pieces more than one lime and put it in my drink - It was awful! There are definitely better cocktail bars around!

Location of the hotel is brilliant, right in the centre of Temple Bar, 5 minutes walk from the lovley Grafton Street, and not much further from everything else Dublin has to offer.

To sum up I really enjoyed the stay and would come back if they were running a deal of somesort :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Kerry M, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and warm. Dublin has gotten cold again the last couple of days. It's crazy. The four seasons in one day. Like the song. Anyway Kerry M, thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. I have forwarded on your comments / issues to the relevant departments and this is being looked into as I type this email to you. I'm really sorry that these had a negative impact on your stay with us. Please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you plan on visiting Temple Bar for a night and I will arrange a special friends and family rate with a complimentary upgrade to one of our signature design suites with full Vip treatment and hopefully we can start again at being friends. Thank you for the kind words towards our rooms. All One hundred and twenty one rooms at the Morgan are unique and funked up in their own way. Each and every nano inch of the hotel is tweeked to perfection daily to ensure that the world famous Morgan Vibe runs through every nook and cranny helping to create the energy and passion we have. Awesome as they say. Kerry M, once again thank you for the kind and thoughtful review and I look forward to hearing back from you and to help plan your next stay with us.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The location was superb for foot patrol galavanting around the city streets. Car park was provided with a discount using fleet street CP across the road.
The decor really appealed to me, funky, banksy style graffiti and odd furniture. The breakfast was superb, lots to choose from. The staff were also top notch.
The music on the weekend is really hopping, the bar has a great atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Daithi M this has to be the best review I have read in the last six months my friend. You hit the nail on the head really. Amazing, thank you, that was really nice of you. Please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com to find out the prize you have won for review of the month. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Catch you soon