“Severe lack of attention to detail.”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #40 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Prior to staying here, myself and my partner booked a stay in a contemporary room for March 9th and a one bedroom suite for this coming Thursday. Our check in took far too long, our room although spacious was not clean. The carpet was in dire need of cleaning as it had massive stains all over it. The mirrors and bedframe were also dirty and there was only one bathrobe. I requested one from reception but had to ask again after waiting over an hour for one to be sent up. Adding breakfast to our stay took forever. We were woken up at 3am by someone banging on our door. Check out was literally just "Everything has been paid, thanks", no "How was your stay?" or anything. As stated already, we had pre booked for our second stay and are sincerely hoping for a vast improvement in quality of service and the cleanliness of our room.

Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

NicoleL1988 I hope this email finds you well and all. NicoleL1988, thank you for taking time and writing a review of your stay with us on Tripadvisor. I have sent you a private message and hope to hear back from you soon. I'm really sorry for the issues you had during your stay, and rest assured I will be starting my investigation immediately. Once again thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We booked 3 rooms arrived for a 3 day stay.
Front desk couldn't find the reservations-happily I had a record of the booking
I was given a key to a room which was already occupied
The tap for the sink was not secure.
Mold in shower stall/tub area
However very reasonably priced and the first time in two years that i didn't reference/reasearch Tripadvisor-Egad

Room Tip: I wouldn't return
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed twice in this hotel recently on two separate weekends with my partner & then a group of friends. On both occasions could not find any faults from the service to the quality of rooms, in every respect the Morgan superceded my expectations. Having experienced everything the hotel has to offer I can honestly say any trip I make to Dublin going forward the Morgan will be my first choice. Hotel is situated in the heart of Dublin and everything is within walking distance, fantastic location. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Cocktail bar has a great atmosphere and food is top notch. The Morgan has a really cool funky vibe, rooms are of a high standard and bed is pure luxury. Hotel ticks all the boxes in every regard unique modern style perfect for a relaxing break away or a great location for a party. The atmosphere in the bar and restaurant is buzzing even more so at weekends. Could not recommend this hotel highly enough. Best hotel in Dublin by a long shot and can't wait to return....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CPB1805
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed the weekend with my wife, son and daughter in this charming, designer, boutique hotel. There is an interesting, quirky style about it, which makes it feel more fun than dull, ordinary hotels. And it is a small oasis of modern design in the centre of Temple Bar, so contrasts with the green, Guinness-guzzling, shamrock-bestooned bars around it.
We only ate breakfast at the Morgan, but they do serve a very fine breakfast buffet. We ate down the road at the Boxty - a recommendation of the concierge which proved worth-while. Hearty yet interesting Irish food in a welcoming setting. And at Fire, one of the grandest steak houses in the British Isles - not cheap but well worth it if you like a really good, fire grilled steak.
The rooms at the Morgan were quiet, clean and comfortable. We had two rooms, 401 and 402. The former is very small, but the latter is great, with an armchair and sofa, so we relaxed together in there.
The cocktail bar at the Morgan is also well worth a visit, absolutely buzzing on a Friday or Saturday night. Cool music from a DJ, but if, like us, you want to be able to talk to each other, then I recommend the 'garden' at the back. It is 90% covered, has comfortable chairs and tables, and you can smoke if you want to, but won't feel smoked out if you don't. The music is still playing, but at a level where you can listen to it and your friends.
The service was good too, throughout the hotel, which combined with the great location and design, makes this my recommendation of where to stay in Dublin.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David H
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed for two nights in the hotel, 28th Feb for a fun weekend with friends. 3rd floor. We chose it because of the location. I have stayed in a lot of 5* hotels and this one didn't disappoint. You get what you pay for. The bar was very good, with great atmosphere on Sat night. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Right on Temple Bar this is a noisy area. The staff will advise which rooms are best for noise redu...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2014

fantastic hotel in the perfect location, i absol cannot find one fault only that i had to leave, bar is great and cocktails are top class and great atmosphere, the hotel decor and style is just is just superb 1st class , cannot wait to stay again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Louise m, this review is the first time I have ever needed to google a translation of a word. Shamazing = shazam + amazing, used as a descriptive word instead of awesome, amazing, great, good, or anything overused. Excellent word, I love it thank you. This word as of today will be added into my vocabulary on a regular basis. Louise m, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, thoughtful, from the heart, funked up and Shamazing review of your recent stay with us. Shamazing, thank you. Please contact me direct the next time you plan on staying with us and I will arrange for a complimentary upgrade to one of our signature design suites with full Vip treatment and we'll see if we can top your first Shamazing experience with us. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Be well

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My girlfriend and I had an amazing time during our stay. The hotel is beautiful, fantastic location, cannot praise it enough! The room was more than we expected. Staff was extremely helpful. Breakfast was nice, although slightly pricey, but what else would you expect for temple bar? Have to admit it was quite noisy early on during he night, but the noise did die off. We would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Tom B, hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Tom B, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and thoughtful review of your recent stay with us. Our location is Amazing isn't it. The exact heart of Dublin's Temple Bar with all of it's wildlife and adventures right on our doorstep, yet away in your own private oasis. Amazing mix. People from all over the planet come to experience this and always leave with a smile lol. Tom B, one of the many things that put us above the rest is our uber friendly and outgoing funked up staff. Each and everyone is hand picked and tweeked / fine tuned to perfection and encouraged to go the extra mile and engage. You'll not find another hotel on this planet with such a cool and funky mix that has everyone coming back for more. Excellent you enjoyed yourself to the fullest and want more. Tom B, once again m y friend thank you for such a thoughtful, kind, nice, truthful and all around funked up review, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Be well and take care