“"contemporary" bit of fun!”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #36 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
taunton
“"contemporary" bit of fun!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

A very modern styled hotel. Good customer service from all staff. Bedroom was big, white, clear, sparsely furnished. Bathroom was great with sliding glass door and good facilities. Mini bar was overpriced. View not so great, looking onto blocks of flats - but to be expected. Seeing rooms with balconies afterwards would have been nice to have one of those.
The dark corridors on the 2nd floor were a little disconcerting but all added to the 'funky' feel. Great surprise to find a hip bar serving (if a little expensive) cocktails with DJ music downstairs. Very impressive turnaround from bar at night to breakfast room in the morning. Good breakfast too.
Added plus that we could use the steam room & pool next door!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
emily201205, Hi and Hello I hope this emaiol finds you well and dry. The rain in Dublin is crazy right now. Amazing. Well, I guess it keeps the grass green and the streets clean as well as the pubs busy, so I guess it's good for tourism if I had to make a positive side to it. Starting an Umbrella business would be a great idea in this country lol. emily201205, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, thoughtful and informative review of your recent stay with us. Excellent, thank you. Last week I stayed in a hotel near us and a beer in their mini bar was 8.50 8.50, I couldn't believe it. Ours are 5.00 euro so I guess were not that bad lol. Minibars I think world wide are expensive. I always look just out of curiosity, and am always blown away at the prices. I am so delighted that You enjoyed our world famous Morgan Bar. You never know who you'll bump into at the Morgan as they say. At any given time all the who's who's can be seen enjoying the Vibe and par -taking in the adventures on offer. The Dj's and live musicians, the sexy / risque mood lighting, the signature design pieces strategically scattered throughout the hotel, we've got it all. Everybody wants some and always comes back for more. emily201205, please email me direct the next time you plan on staying with us and I will make sure you get one of those balcony rooms you mentioned before. It's nice to be nice to the nice. Take care and be well

Eddie Sweeney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Morgan hotel on a romantic break package and to see Ellie Goulding at the O2 arena.
We arrived on Friday 28th February 2014 on a late flight from England, and we were met with a very warm welcome by the front of house manager Alvydas.
He was very knowledgeable and showed a keen interest in our visit and in the concert, he made us feel very much at home.
We were shown to our room which was very large and as well as the bathroom and bedroom it had a separate lounge & kitchen area that was equipped with all of the food making equipment you could wish for and a huge huge comfy bed,
There was a large Smart T.V. in the bedroom and also one in the living room and after settling in we had Tapas (very nice indeed) and a bottle of wine delivered to the room - which was part of the package.
Soon afterwards we went down to reception where Alvydas gave us a voucher for 2 free cocktails in the cocktail bar - it was very busy and there was live entertainment and music - this goes on till the early hours but we couldn't hear anything when in our room so it did not keep us awake at all.
The hotel is close to the centre of the city and the night life and bars were a very good
experience with all of the local people being very friendly.

All in all the whole weekend experience was great and all of the staff at the hotel were very pleasant and attentive - and again a special mention and thank you to Alvydas, we hope the hotel management are aware of such a great asset they have in Alvydas Sabaliauskas praise where praise is due.
Looking forward to a return visit to Dublin and The Morgan...................

Many thanks

Joy and William Owens

Room Tip: Suite we booked was excellent!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Joyfiona, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Joyfiona, I've never seen the word Alvydas so many times in a review before. That's some kind of record I think lol. Joyfiona, can you imagine if the whole world would be as kind as you, what a different and special place we would have. Something to think about. Anyway, thank you for taking time out and writing such a Fantastic review. It's such an Amazing feeling when a guest gets the full effect of the Morgan with our world famous Vibe and all. People from every part of this planet come for this and always want more. The suites here are the talk of the town. 14 different and uniquely funked up signature design suites all decked out for maximum comfort and style.I have got to hang out with so many of my heroes in them, from Abba to ZZ Top really. Amazing having the wildlife and adventure of Temple Bar right on our doorstep, and then your own private funked up oasis in the heart of it all. Awsome. Joyfiona, once again thank you for the kind and thoughtful, straight from the heart, no messing around, name dropping review and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Be well

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The Morgan is an absolutely gorgeous hotel!!!
I had spent there 3 nights in the beginning of March, and was more than satisfied by their services.

Initially, the hotel was recommended by the UK Embassy of my country, as a well located and a perfect quality-price balanced accommodation.

As I am an foreign tv correspondent and came to Dublin to cover an international event, I had to have a quite room to voice over and edit my reports. The reception couldn't have been more efficient in meeting my special demands. I was given a room 134 that was spacious, clean and very quite!

The room cleaning service had performed very well as well. They managed to do their job without touching or moving my equipment while leaving the room clean and fresh.

I liked a modern smart TV set, which broadcasted all the main tv channels, so I could easily follow all the world's latest news, which was very essential for my work.

I would like to express my acknowledgment to the restaurant and bar staff, too. The breakfast menu was reasonably diverse, while the bar's assortment is absolutely outrageous!) Once, I have invited my colleagues, and we had tasted all the sorts of local drinks, which were served by a barman (unfortunately, don't remember his name), who was very professional and entertaining at the same time. He made us laugh telling funny remarks and skilfully juggling with bottles!)))

I wish the Morgan and it's staff to keep to these high standards of serving their guests, and sure they will succeed beyond their dreams!)

Thank you! Definitely will be back and recommend others to visit Dublin and stay at the Morgan!)

With best regards,
Bela Kogan

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Bela K, what a great review. Спасибо
I love it. Straight to the point, no messing around, informative, kind, thoughtful and very special. I think that your positivity meter is way over 10 lol. Bela, please email me direct the next time you plan on visiting us and I will arrange for a complimentary upgrade with full Vip status ( Vip 5 as we call it, it doesn't get any higher that that ) and we'll see if we can top your last stay. I look forward to welcoming you back with us

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Morgan hotel for one night on Saturday 8th March.

I was in Dublin to catch a concert at the O2. The hotel itself is centrally located. I was presently surprised at the size of the room and the fact that I had a cute private balcony. The hotel rooms are well equipped, mini bar, huge huge comfy bed, white company products (nice touch) ear plugs provided. Even a proper iron and ironing board is provided in your room which is great. I hate having to ask for one from reception and then having to wait for one to become available. Especially on busy Saturday nights. A proper salon style hair dryer is also provide.

The hotel is literally in the heart of the hustle and bustle. The hotel also has a bar which pumps out great house music till the early hours but is loud. I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you fancy a early night. I slept well with my ear plugs provided. I I'd go to bed at midnight on the Saturday. The music was very loud however I believe I slept through it due to the fact I had landed from Sydney that morning so come the Night I was beyond tired, having not slept for over 24 hours I would have managed to sleep anywhere. The bed really was huge and super comfy.

The Hotel also has complimentary wifi throughout. I managed to get a feast deal on the room rate. I would certainly come back to the Morgan.

I would only recommend this hotel to people in Dublin to party or stay out late for the weekend due to the noise.

Greg hotel, styling and attention to detail in the rooms.

Enjoy your stay. X

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Son is at college there and we had planned a trip from the US to see him and check in w/ wife's family up north so been over many times over the decades. Needed a spot close to city center and found Morgan. Prices are what jumped out right away, so we opted for the breakfast included rate (DO IT) and reserved. Called them a few days before arrival to let them know we would be in early on March 5th they said not a problem, and it wasn't, we were in our bright, clean, spacious room by 10AM the day we arrived from Boston. Later that day after getting acclimated we decided that the Morgan Lounge was where we would hang for the evening...met with some old friends for a drink on their way home after work...completely relaxed atmosphere, low lights, comfy seating, chill tunes, great drinks (had a killer Mojito) and a nice varied menu. Breakfast next morning was spot on and again really, really relaxing. Morgan location is perfect on the edge of Temple Bar, and right around the corner from the Liffey and O'Connell Bridge and so an easy walk to a couple of the airport bus stops. When back we will book in again...easy choice there as given all the factors combined this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Fiona R what a great way to start a Sunday reading such a nice, thoughtful, positive and all around warm hearted review of your stay. Thank you, that was really nice of you. Thats excellent that we are your number one choice when visiting. Great. I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. At the Morgan, we offer our world famous Vibe 24 / 7 - A sexy, hip, happening funked up Vibe that flows through every nano inch of the hotel, combining light, music, energy and style to help enlighten the senses and creates the ultimate experience / journey for every guests and has them wanting more. Amazing really, like science lol. Anyway Fiona R, thank you again for the kind words and hope to see you soon. Be well and Happy Patricks Day

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband and I were there March 7-10..we arrived very early and the reception crew could not have been more accommodating!!! They checked us in and had us have breakfast and do our morning shopping. By the time we got back by noon, our bags were in our room! Our every question was taken care of immediately, we could not have asked for a better stay. I don't want to forget to mention the location was fantastic as well, although we could hear the street noise, it did not keep us awake. We will definitely stay here when we come back to Dublin and I have already recommended The Morgan to our friends...thanks for a great time!!
DenverVationer

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Karen K , Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well, and that wherever you may be Patricks weekend has kicked off in style for you. Temple Bar on Patricks weekend is the most bumping, happening, hip place to be on the planet. People all over the world come to Ireland for this and to experience the buzz and energy surrounding us. Amazing to see. Karen K, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and thoughtful review of your stay with us. Our location is amazing isn't it. Smack Bang in the exact heart of Dublin's Temple Bar with all of it's wildlife and adventures right on our doorstep. Ring side seats as they say. A stones throw away from everything Dublin has on offer. Thank you as well for the kind words towards our staff. They are the friendliest, most outgoing and personal staff that you will ever find anywhere. Each and everyone hand picked and fine tuned to perfection to help create the buzz and vibe we are famous for. Everybody wants some, and always comes back for more. Karen K, once again thank you for the positivity so early on a Sunday morning and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Be well and Happy Patricks Day

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We visited The Morgan last weekend for one night after reading great reviews on Trip Advisor and were so glad we chose this hotel.

When we arrived quite early on the Saturday morning with our luggage and were met with extremely friendly and accommodating reception staff. Very well presented.

Our room wasn't ready yet and the bars weren't open yet either, so the lovely lady at reception gave us a few hints and tips on where to go for breakfast and things to do/see. We could see she was busy, but still took time to make us feel welcome and was really helpful.

We returned to the hotel about lunch time and were informed our room on the 4th floor was ready, and that our luggage which we had left behind, was already in our room. Off to a great start!

Got the lift (with padded walls - ha!) up to the room and couldn't have been more impressed. My mum, a stickler for a clean hotel, was straight into the bathroom checking if it was "properly" clean, and it was. Everything gleaming!

Decor again was outstanding. Beds are amazingly comfy! Double wardrobe with hangers, two gorgeous lounging chairs and a really well lit mirror at the dressing table. The TV has YouTube etc on it so we were able to put some music on while getting ready. Hairdryer provided in the room is real size and not one of the smaller ones you see in most hotels which hardly work. Iron and ironing table in the room too which was good for the last minute packing I had decided to do.

The rainforest shower was easy to use, and temperature stayed the same, no ups and downs.

Worth a note too that all hotel toiletries (shampoo, soap etc) is White Company - another ticked box! Big cosy white bath towels to wrap up in after a luxurious shower was blissful.

Went out for the night and returned back to the hotel about midnight. As this hotel is in quite a busy area, we felt very safe to be greeted by a security man on the door. The hotel was in full swing, music, dancing, glamorous people drinking delicious looking cocktails. It was such a change to the peace and quiet we'd been met with early in the morning, but it suited the hotel. Vibrant and fun are two words which spring to mind.

We went up to our room and although we could still hear a little bit of the music, it wasn't as bad as I'd read in one or two other reviews. We watched a film and fell to sleep absolutely fine until morning.

If you're wondering whether to pay for breakfast or not - do! Hot breakfast was fantastic, and mostly grilled too, so not full of grease or really heavy on the stomach after a day drinking!

There was also a fresh fruit salad, pastries, toast, cereals, smoked salmon, basically anything you'd need or want! The staff were so lovely, even after a busy night, making sure we knew where everything was and also making sure we were well stocked with tea and coffee.

Went back up to the room and sadly packed up our stuff, wishing we'd arranged to stay another few nights. Although reception was quite busy when we were checking out, we hardly waited any time at all. Staff are definitely on the ball, all the time.

I would like to personally thank Dave, Bevin, Ramuta, Alvidaz, Peter, Chris, Adelpha, Lily, Adel, Hasssan, Karl and last but not least, the ever accommodating General Manager, Eddie. Everyone front of house, and behind the scenes, worked hard to ensure our stay was absolutely brilliant. I will most definitely be back at The Morgan - and have recommended it to anyone who will listen!

Loved loved loved it. Thanks again guys!

Room Tip: If you're staying at the weekend and are a light sleeper, ask for a room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Victoria M
Victoria M, My god what a nice review. Love the name dropping, love your style. Usually were the ones who do the name dropping ie Lady Gaga, Slash, Vanilla Ice, Fleetwood Mac, Talking Heads, and so on and so on, so it's nice to see names being dropped from within. Thank you, that was really nice of you. The rainforest showers we have are Amazing arent they. So many people email me asking about them, and we've even caught people trying to take them home with them lol. Victoria M, the point of the journey is not the arrival. At the Morgan we have on offer the world famous Morgan Vibe ( complimentary ). People from all over the planet come for this, to take part in the adventure / experience and always come back for more. Amazing really the energy and passion that is created. Victoria M, please email me direct the next time you plan on staying with us and I will arrange for a complimentary upgrade to one of our signature design suites with full Vip treatment ( like the names I dropped ) and we'll see if we can top your last stay. Thank you, have a great Patricks weekend and enjoy.