“great night” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
LIMERICK
“great night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

from the time I first called to ask for a room for 1 night until the time we left you could not ask for more.Friendly efficient helpful
.There was a few people in front of us at reception booking in and as we waited someone else showed us to another check in point (note for manager young guy with glasses very nice guy indeed)and it was done in about 5 minutes went to the room and what a surprise it was more like a luxury apartment then a hotel room very large bed room with glass doors leading into a sitting room with its own kitchen.The view nothing to talk about its in a city centre so what do you expect the green hills!!.Best hotel shower I have ever seen the spray attachment to the bath is powerful just what you need after a trip to Dublin.
The bar is very nicely done with a DJ mood lighting but not so loud you cant talk to the person sitting next to you.Very good cocktails(the 20% rise in price after 11pm a bit OTT but we had left before then so did not bother us)friendly advice from the floor staff on what cocktails were good.
After we had been out for the night we was greeted by the night porter who wished us a good night nice touch.
Breakfast was good self service buffet maybe for a place of this standard table service would be better as the food was not overly hot but i can see why you would have a buffet.
Check out was done in seconds.
I had read about it being a noisy hotel I can say I did not hear a thing in our room after we came back but then it was 3.30 am.
This will now be our choice of hotel when we visit Dublin.

Room Tip: 326 was our room
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I was welcomed by very helpful and friendly staff when arriving at the Hotel. I immediately got a room even though I was early for checkin.
The hotel has great atmosphere and very nice and clean rooms. Beds were excellent and provided a good nights sleep.
Wifi was complimentary and fast. Gym excellent.
The hotel is very centrally located and walking distance to most sites.
Highly recommend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Loved staying here during St Patrick's weekend - our room was gorgeous and the staff were all so lovely and helpful. Location is perfect if you're looking to be right in the middle of things and if you're driving you can get the room package which includes free parking!
Thanks for the lovely stay :)

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was our second time at The Morgan hotel. We originally booked for the night before St Patrick's Day and was given Room 402 on full VIP treatment inclusive of breakfast. The Room was absolutely beautiful, and seems it was newly refurbished. We were made very welcome at reception and given a delicious bottled of wine in the room.

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect stay. The location was fabulous for all the things we wanted to do for the weekend. We had a ball! The bar downstairs was also buzzing!

Originally we were only staying for one night but had such a good time in Dublin that when it was time to go home we really didn't want to go. I was thrilled when I made an enquiry with Alyvdas at reception for an additional night stay, that he totally accommodated us and gave us an excellent rate as well as letting us have the same room we had previously stayed in the night before, inclusive of breakfast and late check out at 2pm! Perfect! St Patricks Day celebrations continued on and we had the best time ever in Dublin!

I've got to say that Dave-one of the managers was a very nice man, extremely pleasant, cheerful and helpful. Gosia, who took care of our check out was a lovely girl, friendly and also very helpful.

Nice staff makes all the difference to having a good stay at a hotel and we were very satisfied with all aspects of our St Patrick's Day weekend at The Morgan hotel. I will recommend to all my friends and family and look forward to returning in the future!

A Special thank you to Eddie Sweeney for your excellent customer care and for organising our stay! It was a very memorable weekend! A great way to have celebrated our anniversary :)

boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We were very pleased with our entire stay at the Morgan. The staff was so friendly and helpful, and the room charming and clean.

Be very wary of going during the St. Paddy's Day week unless you are a young partier. This is by no means a fault of the hotel, but Temple Bar was so packed with drunk and rowdy 20 somethings, that there were times I felt like I would be trampled, vomited or peed on. We honestly saw all of those things happen, progressively growing for a few days, and then worst of all on St. Paddy's night. We had fortunately asked for a room in the back, but we could still hear the techno music thumping from the nightclub which is part of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back and high as possible to avoid Temple Bar noise.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Bostonpies, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that the madness of Patricks week is out of your system. Patricks Day this year was the busiest I have seen in years. Reports of five hundred thousand people were in the city centre that day for the parade and festivities. People from all over the planet come for this and to put it on the " I've done it " list, and I am delighted that your name is now on this list lol. Bostonpies, with a location as Amazing as ours, in the exact heart of all the adventures and wildlife Dublin's Temple Bar has on offer, everybody wants some of us. A stones throw away from anything one may want to try, buy, see, do or experience. We tick all the boxes. Bostonpies, thank you once again for taking time out and writing a review of your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Be well

West Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights to attend work conference and found the hotel to be very comfortable and centrally located. It also has really helpful staff and great cocktails. Room was a good size but my balcony overlooked the next hotel rather than Temple but that was only minor thing. I was there mid-week and it was quiet and a great location for Temple bars and restaurants. Taxi to Guinness brewery was around €8 and airport €25. Also, handy for supermarket opposite if you forget essentials. Would happily stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Newsy7, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Newsy7, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, friendly and informative review of your recent stay with us. Excellent to read this early on a Saturday morning. Great way to start the day with such positivity, thank you. Our location is amazing isn't it. Smack Bang in the exact heart ( the aorta ) of Dublin's Temple Bar with all of it's world renown wildlife and adventures right on our door step. Ring Side seats as they say. Newsy7, thank you again for the random act of kindness, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later

Be well

American River, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

A very modern styled hotel with great customer service from all staff especially Hassan who recommeded the Amertto Sour and the Charlie Chaplin cocktails which were delicious.We will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GloR2101, Hello I hope this email finds you well and all. GloR2101, thank you for taking time out and writing such a hip, thoughtful,funky, short and sweet, straight to the point, no messing around, warm hearted and all around nice review of your stay with us. Excellent to read, thank you, Hassan. If I would get ten cents everytime Hassan's name popped up on tripadvisor, I would have fifty cents by now lol. He's great isn't he. Like Anakin, he gives without thought of reward. A rare find and a gem. GloR2101, thank you again, and I hope to be welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Please ask for me when your in next, and I will arrange a special tasting of some of the coolest, crazyest most funked up cocktails being launched in the next short while.

Be well and take care