“Excellent Service”

Ranked #38 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The service from the staff is really nice. I was about to leave the next morning and my iPhone and laptop were completely out of power (The power plugs are not European standard in Ireland). Unfortunately my power adapter was borrowed by a colleague who was not there that night and I was desperate because I really need my iPhone and laptop working for the flight. Here I want to thank Dave Schneider and Pawel, who magically provided an adapter and saved my day. Really nice and professional service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 16 June 2016
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review regarding your recent stay. It is always good to hear that our staff really made the difference, and we all are very thankful for all the compliments that you paid us on your review up above!! I hope to see you again soon, here at The Morgan!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Wow what can I say that not been said before. Great location in the heart of Dublin. No noise despite being in the middle of all the action. Great cocktail bar with good prices and you have to try the appletini. Our room overlooked the main street and with the windows closed you couldn't hear a thing. If your looking to stay in the heart of Dublin this should be your 1st choice hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Darren V, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Darren V, these are the kind of reviews that I love. Short, sweet and straight to the point. Full of positivity and kindness. Thank you for taking time out to write this. Time is one thing that we never get back, so the fact that you used some of your time for us is an honour, Thank you.

Eddie Sweeney
Dublin
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Location- You only have to walk a few meters to find several good pubs. Tunder road cafe on the opposite side of the street (terrible service), otherwise the area has everything! Good restaurants, pubs, nightclubs and great places to see. I new the location of the Hotel over a nightclub bar so I was expecting noise so if you book here you must know it will be noisey!

definetly remomended for lively modern Hotel will all amineties and great location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Although my trip isn't booked till July I contacted the hotel to find out if I could have some wine in the room as it is a surprise trip away for my partner and I wanted to make it that little bit more special. The response I received from Anita was rapid, and she offered a whole host of extras for me to choose from. I can't even explain how excited I am to stay here considering I've already received the best service ever from a hotel-reading the reviews has made me even more so! I shall be writing a review upon my return :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Maynooth, Ireland
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Morgan for a very special anniversary last weekend. We were very impressed with the location. I asked for a room with a balcony and a bed with a double mattress (as opposed to two singles pushed together) and they delivered.

We had a wonderful stay in Dublin. The room was spacious, with a generous sized bedroom and balcony. The bed was very comfortable, super soft.

However, there were some issues that upset our stay: the headboard in the bedroom was not in good condition, the fabric at the sides had buttons missing, and looked cheap (not like the ones on the website gallery), so that was very disappointing. The two armchairs were also in need of re-upholstering, the fabric did not fit the chairs. This again was not what I expected from the photos and for the price we were paying.

Our room was also right above the smoking garden of the hotel bar, and the music kept us awake until 2.30am on both the Friday and Saturday night. It was very very loud, not what you want for your romantic night in.

However there were some pluses, the staff were friendly (particularly at check-in) and the hotel lobby and bar were well appointed, and the cocktails were really good (if on the pricy side).

Overall, nice stay, great location but decor in room in need of re-vamp and noisy at night.

Room Tip: If you do not like loud music, avoid room 217.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Thank you Dave and Gosha for the excellent service, making our weekend in Dublin perfect! We loved our room, the delicious breakfast, and the location was perfect! We only had to walk a few meters to find several good pubs. Only downside is the restaurant on the opposite side of the street (terrible service), otherwise the area has everything! Good restaurants, pubs, nightclubs and great places to see. We will definitely come back and stay at The Morgan next time we go to Dublin.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the Deluxe rooms. We got a big room with a sitting group, a TV with a good selec...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a weekend in January.

The location is beyond perfect, it's close to everything! The hotel itself was definitely my taste - bit too girly for my boyfriend however!

Breakfast - delicious. The room - spacious. We were on the first floor at the front so it was a tad noisy till the early hours but we were so tired from sightseeing it wasn't an issue.

I'd stay here again in a heartbeat - lovely place!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple