“Mid week treat”

Ranked #36 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Mid week treat”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Morgan on a Monday night and although it was quiet the service was excellent. Danny's cocktails were some of the best we've ever tried, especially the "raspberry-chocolate martini's", unbelievable!!! we received great customer service from Danny and Hassan. We are looking forward to returning. Although the hotel is in the heart of noisy Temple Bar, the rooms we're very quiet and so comfortable. Overall a brilliant hotel in a bustling location.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christinemc1
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Christinemc1, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Wow, thanks for such a cool and super friendly review of your recent stay with us. Excellent to read such positive and uplifting words so early on a rainy bank holiday Monday. Thank you. Danny and Hassan are great aren't they. It's Amazing how many compliments we get about them and their Magical cocktail making skills. It's an art. Christinemc1, once again thank you so much for your kind hearted, no messing around, hip, retro, funked up and name dropping review, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later

Be well

Eddie Sweeney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed her for a girlie night away. Check in was seamless, room was spotless as was the bathroom. Everything we needed. We had tapas and drinks in the bar before going out...nice buzzy atmosphere. Room was a little warm at night but we had a nice balcony. Slept well apart from the banshee who couldnt get into her room and cried and wailed at someone imside for about a half an hour...other than that...good night sleep had. Seamless check out and the receptionist asked plenty of questions to ensure we enjoyed our stay. Great central boutique hotel, near all the action and shopping. Felt safe. Real comfortable and clean. Well done! Would definitely stay again. Very well priced. Ps we got a room at back of hotel as requested.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Corky2, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that Cork is as beautiful as ever. Cork, the last place the Titanic was seen ( they don't tell you that in the movie ),. Home of the five star vegetarian resturant Cafe Paradiso, and has the second largest natural harbor in the world. Corky2, thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. Really great way to start the day off reading such a nice, kind, thoughtful, warm, no messing around, straight from the heart review, thank you. That is excellent that you got involved in the Vibe we offer. The world famous Morgan Vibe runs through every nano inch of the hotel creating an energy unlike anything most have experienced. The coolest, hippest, hottest most funked up spot in town, that has everyone talking about us and always coming back for more ( like You ). You never know who you'll bump into at the Morgan. Corky2, thank you again for the kindness and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Please email me direct before your next stay at generalmanager@themorgan.com and I'll see if we can organize the banshee for you again lol. Take care, be well, and give my love to Cork.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We were able to checkin early which was nice after an all nighter to Dublin, great hotel excellent
breakfast. Clean quiet rooms, the front desk was very accommodating. Defintely will be staying here on our next visit to Dublin.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
doerner, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. doerner, thank you for taking time out and writing such a short, sweet, kind, nice and all around warm hearted review of your recent stay with us. Excellent to see / read such positivity. It's nice to be nice to the nice

Take care and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I go to The Morgan quite often for business trip. The first time I went the service was excellent, room was massive. However the more I go the worst the service gets and the room is smaller each time, it should be the other way round taking into consideration I go every month!

Pretty much all rooms I have stayed at are quite noisy, it is in the middle of temple bar... The guests can be a bit noisy too when they come from a night out but nothing the hotel can do to avoid. The hotel restaurant converts into a bar/nightclub which doesn't help to the whole noise situation. One night I was trying to get hold of the reception to order room service and after trying for 10 minutes (when the receptionist picked up she blamed the music being too loud) she said she couldn't take the food order as it was 2 minutes late..I was a bit shocked that day...

However the service when you are in the actual restaurant is really good and when hiring rooms the service is nice as well.

Overall not bad just the service is slightly inconsistent.

I must say the last stay (early this week) I found the service better than in previous occasions so I guess they take feedback on board.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Alegna000 Hello I hope this email finds you well. Alegna000, I have sent you a private message through tripadvisor as regards to your review. I hope to be hearing from you soon, or please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com. Thank you again for taking time out and writing your review. Be well

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I cant recommend this hotel enough. Great decor, great food, great music and great staff. Everything about this hotel is pure class. The deep house played on a Saturday and Sunday evening with a live saxophonist and bongo player is brilliant! Breakfast on Sunday was lovely. Thanks to Danny for looking after us with tea after the Dublin 10k - top man! Carl and Paula for pointing us in the right directions and Hassan, Ramute and Chris, you are all a credit to The Morgan. Look forward to seeing you next year.

Brad

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Brad B, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Wow, great review, thank you. That was really nice of you. Name dropping and all lol. Brad B, it's amazing your random act of kindness writing this review. The music, the Vibe, the buzz, the friendliness, the location, the breakfast, and the overall funked up atmosphere, we've got it all. A 10k run, excellent, well done. I don't even want to know what that would do to me lol. Brad B, thank you once again for such a nice, thoughtful, cool, straight from the heart review and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later.

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I want to thank you to the manager, Eddie, and all the staff, specially to Paula, in recepcion. We went to Dublin to our 5th wedding anniversary, and they prepared for us a really nice suite 324 r number. The hotel was full, very livery, with music during the night, but our room was very quiet.
And when we left on Sunday, and they had availability, let us stay until 14:00 complimentary.
Thank you !!! We will be back to Dublin. Sure. And we will return to The Morgan. :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
ZIANRA ( cool name ) Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, thoughtful, warm hearted and overall excellent review of your recent stay with us. It's Amazing how positivity works. Like the butterfly effect really. The positivity your review has created has spread across the hotel, adding to the Vibe and energy levels we are so known for. Everybody wants some and always comes back for more. It is such an honour when people choose us to spend special times and celebrations. Thank you. You do realize that now you have started a trend and we expect to see you back with us next year, same time same place and we'll see if we can top your last stay lol. ZIANRA ( cool name ) thank you once again for such kind and thoughtful words and I look forward to welcoming you back sooner than later

Be well to each other

Mullingar, Ireland
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband, myself and 3 adult children and some partners stayed in the Morgan on the weekend of March 29 th for a family celebration. It is the perfect location for anyone wishing to be close to all the sites, restaurants and great night life which was important for the young adults. The staff were really friendly and welcoming from the minute we reached reception at check in. The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfast was first class. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back again. The bar attached to the Morgan has a great selection of cocktails and a great ambiance. Live music and a great atmosphere and indeed the guy on the decks was pretty cool too. Well done on an overall performance to The Morgan.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Mir711, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that you are getting some of this sun hitting us right now. Amazing. The four seasons in one day. Maybe that song was written about Ireland, something to think about. Anyway Mir711, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, thoughtful, from the heart review of your recent stay with us. It's nice to be nice to the nice, and that was really nice of you lol. The Morgan is the absolute perfect hot spot for family celebrations. With a location as awsome as ours in the exact heart of Dublin's Temple Bar nothing is to far away. Everything right on our doorstep for one to try, buy, see, do and experience. Amazing really. Thank you for your super kind comments towards our world famous Morgan Cocktail Bar with our signature Vibe that runs throughout. Everybody wants some and always comes back for more. Mir711, thank you so much once again and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later

Be well