“Most welcoming staff”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #39 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Working in dublin city center I never had much reason to go to The Morgan Hotel before until recently and I'm glad I did. You'd find it difficult to find warmer staff in a hotel in Dublin. Overall The Morgan Hotel is absolutely fabulous from the food, to the decor of the rooms/lobby and cleanliness of the place overall but it's the staff that really set this place apart. The bar staff was always friendly and the receptionist always had a smile to offer. I met two lovely members of The Morgan team in the lift and after a few minutes of chatting felt like I was talking to friends I've known for years. Michaela and Anya(I hope I'm spelling that right) were more than happy to listen to me talk away about myself and when I mentioned a theatre company I worked with were able to suggest an end of year party in The Morgan. I just felt so comfortable talking with them that I asked for a card and have passed it on to the head of my group who organizes our parties. I've worked in the service industry for years and it's fantastic to find there are people that still enjoy what they're doing. Keep up the fantastic work girls and hopefully I'll see you at the end of the year now ;)

• Stayed: February 2014
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Karlgerard, What an excellent way to start a bank holiday monday at 6.30am reading a review as nice as this. This review set the tone for the day my friend, thank you. It's nice to be nice to the nice. Michaela and Anya are Amazing aren't they. Social Butterflies as we call them. Always floating about making sure that our guests are relaxed and at home. Aside from our Amazing location, world famous Morgan Vibe, signature design pieces, and over all funked up atmosphere, what put us at number one is our staff. Each and everyone of them are hand picked and fine tuned / tweeked to perfection. Amazing really. You will not find better, more friendlier, more outgoing and generally more funked up in the whole country, we're very lucky to have such a cool and eclectic mix that has everybody coming back for more. With people travelling away from home for business more and more, you can see the the difference it makes when they walk through our front door and a smile appears and in their hearts they know that they are welcome / comfortable and cared for with us. Karlgerard, once again thank you for the kind, thoughtful, upbeat, straight from the heart and all around nice review, and I look forward to having you back with us sooner than later

Eddie Sweeney

Write a ReviewReviews (2,956)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed for a long weekend recently, the quirky decor is great but needs a bit of refreshing, ripped, torn and worn are common. We were there for friends birthday and they had hired the penthouse suite as the party room, what a great venue, although I feel more could be done when the weather is inclement to make better use of the available space.

Our first room was far too small and looked bare so we upgraded to a suite, this was fantastic, almost like a self contained flat, it had everything and more.

Breakfasts were very good in the restaurant, no worries, the staff were always helpful and professional.

The bar served very good drinks and cocktails but the prices were astronomical, and the fact the hotel sits in the centre of Temple Bar it gets very very busy at the weekend, we didn't go in the one night as getting a drink was far too much trouble. There may have been a residents bar but we were never made aware of it. All that said I did have to explain to one of the bar staff twice exactly what I wanted as he pored two wrong drinks for me.

Slight complaint, the tea and coffee were never replaced for the four days of our stay, very odd.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve S
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Steve S, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Steve S thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. The good, the bad and the ugly as it sounds. I have forwarded on your comments and issues to the relevant departments and rest assured I will be looking into these closly, thank you. Steve S, please contact me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you plan on staying in Dublin and I will organize for a complimentary upgrade to one of our signature design suites with full Vip treatment, and hopefully we can start again at being friends. Take care and have a wonderfull day

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stay with my colleagues in the Morgan on more or less a weekly basis as we work in Dublin, commuting from the UK. This means we could really choose to stay anywhere in Dublin, but for over a year we've continued to choose the Morgan - so why is that? Well, it's clean, comfortable, good rooms, funky environment etc etc but the real reason is that the atmosphere is really welcoming.
You can have a meal with your colleagues and have a great time, or - on the other hand - eat on your own without feeling awkward and out of place (like you might in so many other hotels). And the service is just great. There are many people to mention and I'll certainly leave some out as this isn't a list, it's a review. But thank you, Hassan, who manages the bar so well and is always great to chat to; the whole bar/service staff who are great and really thoughtful and friendly; the breakfast team - how do you do it, so early in the morning, staying cheerful all the time? And the reception team who manage to find a smile for us all as we come into the hotel after our 4am rise and full day in the office, lugging our suitcases and moaning......
Thank you all, it's much appreciated. I mean it.
Stay here if you're in Dublin. It's good.

Room Tip: Ask for the back of the hotel, most remote from the noise of Temple Bar.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

IgorStrav, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. IgorStrav, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice review of your stay with us. Excellent to read such positivity my friends, thank you.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Second stay at 'The Morgan' in Temple Bar. Second time even better. On arriving early we were put in a room hours before check in as there was one spare. Fantastic facilities, beautiful surroundings... Not the best room view, but can easily be forgiven with such a modern and gorgeous room. Amazing breakfast, so much to choose from. Lovely and lively bar. The staff were beyond helpful, advising us of the best places to visit that were beyond Dublin. Dave could possibly be the best hotel employee in the world!! He made our stay so much more enjoyable, and really went the extra mile to make our stay so special. I lost my boarding pass, they let me use the reception desk to re print them which they didn't have to do.
Just the best location, so much to do in and around. Couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Haute_Hippie, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well. Second time with us. Excellent to hear, thank you. It's Amazing how everyone wants some and always comes back for more. Like a tracktor beam of energy, sound and light. Haute_Hippie, thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your time with us. Thank you. Time is one of those things that we never get back, so the fact that you offered up some of your time for us is a true honour, thank you. If I would have a euro for everytime someone lost their boarding pass and asked for us to help print a new one I would be a very rich man now lol. At the Morgan we have the best, most friendly, outgoing and all around funked up staff on the planet. You will find no other place like it. Each and everyone hand picked and tweeked to perfection, and encouraged to go the extra mile and yes even help print off "lost" boarding passes. Haute_Hippie, once again thank you for the kindness and uplifting words and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Be well

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed in a room on the second floor over the Easter weekend. The staff were very friendly and we were pleasantly surprised to find our room was ready to check in to when we arrived (which was about an hour or two earlier than we had anticipated). The room was a decent size and adequate for what we needed. The only complaints would be that the beds are slightly hard and that due to being in the temple bar area, there can be some noise from downstairs/outside but this is not overly loud considering the central location. The location is absolutely fantastic: right in the centre of temple bar area - in the middle of all the nightlife and within walking distance of the saturday market, restaurants and shopping on grafton street as well as being within walking distance of busaras bus station (if arriving by bus). All in all it was well worth the money and I would definitely recommend it. We didn't have breakfast there so can't comment but we did have dinner and it was really nice (as are the cocktails! Try the Harlem shake!)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Clem1389, Hello I hope your keeping well. Clem1389, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, thoughtful and informative for all to share review. I love reviews like this. It helps others experience us even before arriving and sets the Vibe. Our location is Amazing isn't it. The exact heart of Dublin's Temple Bar and all of it's wildlife and adventures right on our doorstep. People from all over this planet come to experience this and always come back for more. An Amazing must not be missed experience. Clem1389, thank you for commenting on our award winning cocktails. The Morgan Bar with our world famous Vibe has the whole town / country talking about us. You never know who you'll bump into at the Morgan. Our live musicians playing along with our top Dj's making music, sound and energy that runs throughtout every nano inch of the hotel and captures the funked up atmosphere that we're known for. Wow, Anyway Clem1389, thank you once again for the random act of kindness through your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Be well and take care

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Tastefully decorated, minimalist chic greets the traveller in this excellently located hotel. Reasonable rates and a great breakfast spread, Ill most definately be checking back in again soon. The cocktails...delightful!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Pinktiger676, Hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Pinktiger676, thank you for your short and sweet review of your recent stay with us. I love reviews like this. No messing around, just the facts sprinkled with kindness, thank you. Please contact me direct before your next stay on generalmanager@themorgan.com and I will arrange for Vip treatment and a complimentary upgrade to pay back the random act of kindness. It's nice to be nice to the nice

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We were probably on the top floor. Sloping ceiling and sort of dormer window. Well organised hotel. Getting to be slightly jaded semi boutique style. We knew what to expect, got a good deal and ate out. Worked very well.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

HillyCirencester, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well. Thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. Short, to the point and no messing around. I like your style, thank you. I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner rather than later as we are in the middle of a total Revamp of our award winning Morgan Bar and would very much like to hear your views on it. Hope it wont be too "jaded" for you.