“Central Location, Good City Break Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #34 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
San Jose, California
“Central Location, Good City Break Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

As an ex-resident of Dublin, it's interesting to come back and live out of a hotel for a few days. The Temple Bar area would not have been a first choice - it's loud, and overpriced for beers and food. But on the recommendation of a friend I checked into the Morgan.

This is a small hotel that's right in the middle of the temple bar action. As such, both the nightlife (in all it's glory) is immediately on-hand. But so is easy walking access to all the major sights of Dublin city centre. So full marks for walkability.

The hotel itself is 'boutique' in atmosphere. A small intimate lobby, with a nice décor and ambience, and a welcoming staff. Just adjacent is a substantial dining area where I did grab breakfast one morning. Buffet style, immediate seating and good quality fare. The coffee took a little while to arrive but overall a good breakfast experience.

Room itself is small. A double bed and essential furniture. But I have stayed in more compact rooms in other major cities for sure. No sign of air conditioning, but in April this is not an issue. Dublin hotels can get a little stuffy in summer, so something to check other reviews for a view on.

My stay was midweek, and just before the tourist season kicked off. So I didn't notice any noise pollution.

They have a deal with the parking garage across the street (literally) although the price break is for a full 24 hours. For shorter stops, or over night, the garage rate is better than the hotel. They do advise you of this.

Checkout again was swift and friendly.

Overall a well run, well maintained little city break hotel right in the Temple Bar 'action'. If that's what you're after!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
shayg1979, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. shayg1979, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, positive, informative, friendly and overall funked up review of your recent stay with us. That was really nice of you, thank you. It's Amazing how kindness works. I read yesterday that kindness was contagious, and after reviews such as yours, straight from the heart I see this to be proven true.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later

Eddie Sweeney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I recently had a very pleasant stay at The Morgan. Reception staff were friendly, the room was spacious, comfortable and clean, the bar area is modern and funky and breakfast is plentiful. (However please note your potato bread is awful - it should never be deep fried, the oil oozing out of it was disgusting, what must tourists think? It should be lightly fried with minimal oil)
This aside - a lovely time was had.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GAWA75, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that the sun is shining wherever you may be. In life, time is one thing we never get back, so the fact that you took some of your time and wrote a review of your recent stay with us is an honour, thank you. The potato bread. I've forwarded on your comments on the Potato bread to our Kitchen department and this is being looked into as I type this email to you. Thank you. Please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you plan on staying in Dublin and I will arrange a complimentary upgrade to one of our signature design suites with full Vip treatment and we'll see if we can start again at being friends. Anyway, thank you again and enjoy your weekend, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later and we can have a chat about the potato bread lol. Be well

ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Morgan is in an ideal location in the heart of Temple Bar. Its interior is modern and very quirky. We were upgraded to a deluxe room on the third floor by the very friendly receptionist. The room was bright and the bed was extremely comfortable, a little noisy when the window was open but fine once we closed it. Breakfast was good too. Really enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Third floor room was really lovely. Very spacious.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2011traveller2, What a great review, thank you. It's excellent to see such nice, positive and uplifting words packed into such a short and sweet review. Amazing. The quirky level at the Morgan is always set at 11. Each and every nano inch of the hotel has our signature design pieces scattered stratigically along with lighting and energy to help create our world famous Morgan Vibe. Ecerybody wants some and always comes back for more. I am delighted that your name is now on this list. 2011traveller2, once again thank you for the kindness and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later

Meath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The receptionist was friendly and very professional We had a suite. It was very spacious. It was fairly modern. The bathroom was very nice. The shower was very good. The bar had mostly young customers but the lobby has lots of sitting and is very nice. The hotel is in the heart of Temple Bar so it very well located.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Janiel, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and are getting some of this sun. Amazing sunny day in Dublin today with not a cloud in sight. Janiel, thank you for such a nice, thoughtful and positive review of your recent stay with us. Excellent. It's nice to be nice to the nice. The Suites at the Morgan are amazing aren't they. I have met and got to hang out with some of my heroes in them. From Abba to ZZ top, they have all stayed here and like everyone else they always come back for more. Excellent that your name is now on this list. Janiel, once again my friend thank you for the random act of kindness, and taking time out to spread the good word. Take care, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us, and we'll see if we can change your "nice" to "excellent" lol

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

In the midst of Temple bar area. Lively neighbourhood, but not too noisy inside. We had a beautiful room (deluxe suite). Very nice staff, breakfast was brilliant! Great decorations throughout the whole hotel. Go there!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
WillemSp, what a nice review thank you. The way you have worded it reminds me of a movie or a narrator Love it, thank you. WillemSp, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, short, sweet, warm hearted, entertaining, no messing around, hip, retro and all around funked up review of your stay with us. Please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you plan on staying with us and I will organise a complimentary upgrade, press all the Vip buttons, and we'll see what happens. Be well

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here with my wife and loved the place! Fantastic location..in the temple bar area (the place to be) , great service, lovely breakfast and great rooms!
The designs were refreshingly different... Looks like the designers have paid attention to detail.
We were upgraded to a better room, which was spacious and had all that we needed..
Will I go back? Yes, of course!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Parthkembhavi, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Hey, thank you for the kind and thoughtful review of you and your wifes recent stay with us. Excellent review thank you. Our location is Amazing isn't it. Smack Bang in the exact heart of Dublin's Temple Bar, surrounded by all of it's wildlife and adventures. Amazing really. People from all over this planet come to experience this. To be in the thick of things, and get a true feel of the energy and buzz in the air. I love your reference " refreshingly different " towards our signature design pieces scattered throughout the hotel. It's very unique and risque ( quite sexuall some say ) and combined with the famous Morgan Vibe helps create an atmosphere everybody asks for by name, and keeps coming back for more. Parthkembhavi, once again thank you for the kindness, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was my 5th stay at the Morgan. I've stayed at several hotels around Temple Bar but the Morgan wins hands down for me. The location - you can't get any better to enjoy the attractions around Dublin and the night-time adventures around Temple Bar. The hotel is very quirky and has great personality. The rooms are a good size with a great bathroom. The staff are friendly and efficient. Breakfast is just simply brilliant. I will be returning in September with my best friend - we will be celebrating 30 years of being best friends and where better to celebrate - we both love Dublin and the Irish - the Morgan is the icing on the cake when we visit

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Sweetest_thinguk, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well. Wow, what a cool, retro, positive and all around funked up review thank you. Five times with us now. There is a special suprise for your Sixth time. Please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com before your stay with us in September and I'll arrange this for you. It's nice to be nice to the nice. Be well, enjoy your summer and I look forward to welcoming you back with us to help celebrate Thirty years of friendship with your special friend.