The Morgan
US$277
US$253
US$203
US$169
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Restaurant
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$233
US$175
  • Breakfast included
2,955 results
All reviewstemple barmona lisafleet streetboutique hotelthe penthouseperfect locationmini bargreat barstandard roomnight lifean upgradebars and restaurantsquiet roomfantastic hotellight sleepertrinity collegegrafton street
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Morgan is located in the heart of the action in Dublin. It's decor is quirky (the elevator has the Mona Lisa mooning the guest) but fun. The rooms were good sized, with comfy beds, a big modern bathroom, and more quirky decor. Major sights are all within easy walking distance. Staff was most helpful and accommodating. One felt like they were really glad to have to have you as a guest. Will definitely stay again if I am ever so lucky to go to Dublin again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

jgsherwood, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well. Thanks for the great, fun, cool, uplifting and all around nice / thoughtful review. It is Amazing how many emails and comments I get about the Mona Lisa mooning lift. The most popular lift in town and quite possibly the country. Each and everyone of our signature design pieces scattered strategically throughout the entire hotel helping to create the renown Morgan Vibe, which in turn has everybody coming back for more. At the Morgan we have the best staff in the country full stop. Each and everyone of them hand picked and tweaked to perfection and encouraged to go the extra distance. You will not find closer or more personal staff anywhere on the planet who in turn match the funked up atmosphere. jgsherwood, once again my friend thank you for the random act of kindness and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner rather than later

Reviewed 9 June 2014

There's a lot to like here. We have a delux room on the first floor (that's not the ground floor) in the back. At the moment, have spent 3 of our 4 nights at the hotel.

The good/great:
1) Location is perfect. It's near hundreds of shops and eateries. A grocery is almost directly across the street!
2) Room large enough and clean. Overall, it's been very quiet, mostly, even on past Friday and Saturday nights. (See exception below.) Shower was strong and hot. Towels were thick and robes (2) are excellent!
3) The staff were very nice.
4) Breakfast (included in delux room) is a very good buffet with lots of options. Hours for food are very generous. No need to rush down each morning!
5) Lobby and bar's decor is very sleek and cool. I liked it!
6) Gym memberships, included, were useful. Gym (called Crunch) is well-equipped and not crowded. Gym staff are very nice. Our room included 3 visits for each of us and we used them all. It's locate just around the block. (Most visually interesting gym decor I've ever seen. Owned by hotel?)

The not so good:
1) The beds are very firm/hard. We both agree on that. (Linens fine) Pillows (2each) large but very firm, too. (We came from a less expensive but even higher-end b&b in Wales with a spectacular bed so this was a BIG change.)
2) Also, there is some very loud banging about once or twice an hour. Loud enough to interrupt sleep. Fairly certain it's fellow guests or house keeping not closing the heavy room doors gently. (We solved that problem at home by simply adding rubber cushions to door jams.) I think it's also staff using the housekeeping closets. I'm wearing ear plugs (provided) each night, which helps. Also, if turning of shower off quickly, pipes bang VERY loudly. If you turn off slowly, there's no bang. Should be fixed or a sign posted by tub with this tip.

Wifi/wireless: I specifically asked for a room with a good signal because we have ongoing matters back home. My request was somewhat dismissed at front desk during checkin, as if all rooms have excellent wifi. Well, not so. Apparently, all rooms have poor signal (as seen on our devices' lists) except a mysteriously strong signal coming from room 316! Yes, we can connect to wifi but it's slow. Perhaps using a cable (cat 5) would work better?

Wall plugs. Ideally a top notch hotel would have an outlet at each night table, bedside (or at least one side of bed) so one can charge device and check it from bed. Also, I use my phone as night clock (none was provided) but that drains the battery overnight so best to plug phone when using the night clock app. All room outlets are at desk at other end of room. (Bathroom also has outlets.)

The only issue

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank sailorcat60
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

sailorcat60 Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Now thats a review, Thank you. And thank you for taking time out and writing it During your stay with us. I have forwarded on your issues / comments to the relevant departments and believe you me these are being looked into as I type this email. Well, thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

stayed here for two nights,right in the heart of temple bar great local, rooms were clean and well equipped and a comfy bed for a great nights sleep would recommend a stay here ,staff were very helpful nothing seemed to be a problem,would stay here again.

Room Tip: tell them its a special occasion and most likely you will get an upgrade also you want a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Kennyl11, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Kennyl11, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, thoughtful, caring and special review of your recent suprise 50th ( or fourty ten as it's called now ) birthday with us. Excellent, thank you. It's always such a nice feeling, an honour in fact when people decide to stay with us for memorable and special occasions. At the Morgan we do Birthdays really well. I do hope you realize that you've started a trend now and we fully expect to see you back with us for your 51st lol. Please email me direct before hand and we'll come up with something off the wall and all funked up for that one. Kennyl11, thank you for the kind words towards our staff. At the Morgan we have the best staff in the country full stop. Each and everyone of them are hand picked and tweeked to perfection and encouraged to go the extra distance. Kennyl11, thank you once again my young friend, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner rather than later

Be well

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Morgan was perfect. From the friendly greeting from the staff person (her name started with an R). She was helpful and found us places to see, eat, and do. Our room went beyond expectations. Loved the atmosphere and vibe. I had read reviews that it was loud on the weekends... we stayed Thursday and Friday night and it was not loud at night. It was easy to get to locate. The bar had good social hour prices and the music...there was a lady playing the saxophone that was spectacular! We'll definitely be back and will spread the word on this fine establishment.
Much love from Louisiana.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank aclewis_lsu
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

aclewis_Isu, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well . Wow, what a nice and thoughtfully positive review to start the day, thank you. All the way from Baton Rouge. With a feeling nearly faded as my jeans. I love that song. Anyway, aclewis_Isu thank you for taking time out and thinking about us. It's nice to read that we left such a good impression and that you wanted to share your experience with us with others. Excellent. At the Morgan we offer our world famous Vibe ( complimentary of course ) , which in turn runs through every micro inch of the hotel, helping to create an energy filled with colour and light and sound, enhancing the senses and has everybody coming back for more. aclewis_Isu, once again thank you for the random act of kindness, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooer than later.

Be well

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Hotel is situated in the Temple Bar which brings you right in the center of all the pubs.
If you like something else than the pubs you only have to go the hotelbar where during the evening dj's will spin good club music.
Besides this the friendly staff are very helpfull in providing nice spots in Dublin.
Accualy the hotel is maybe to nice for the Temple bar but that's a good thing!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike003171
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Mike003171, Hello my friend I hope this email finds you well. Mike003171, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, thoughtful and uplifting review of your recent stay with us. Excellent to see such positivity, thank you. It is Amazing the amount of compliments we get from the live music at the Morgan. It's the talk of the town and everybody wants some and always comes back for more. Our resident Dj's jamming with our Live musicians helping to create the famous Morgan Vibe, which in turn runs through every nano inch of the hotel and surroundings. Amazing buzz which makes us number one ( well 23 really ). Mike003171, Thank you for noting our fabulous staff. They are the best in the country full stop. Each and everyone tweaked and fine tuned on a daily basis and encouraged to be as funked up as our signature design pieces scattered strategically throughout. Amazing the way it works. Mike003171 once again my friend thank you for the kind, thoughtful, warm hearted and retro review and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner rather than later

Be well and Danke U