“The Morgan Hotel Fleet Street Dublin”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #38 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

The Morgan hotel is a small, delightful jewel of a hotel, in the heart of Temple Bar.
Comfortable, clean rooms, great knowledgeable staff. Cooked full English breakfast was perfect and sets you up for the day, couldn't ask for more. Would stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

elisa m, good morning to you, I hope this email finds you well and that your summer is off to a fantastic start. Wow, what a nice, short and sweet, kind hearted, warm, thoughtful and all around Excellent review. I love the "delightful jewel of a hotel" reference. It's so true. In the heart ( aorta ) of Dublins Temple Bar with all of it's wildlife and surrounding on our door step, and yet completely in your own private oasis with the world famous Morgan Vibe and it's renown energy. A must see, do, try and experience. Elisa m, once again thank you for the kindness this early on a saturday morning and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner rather than later

Joe Foran

Write a ReviewReviews (2,945)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My fiance and I have just returned from a one night at the Morgan hotel as a treat. From the moment we arrived everything was perfect from start to finish. The receptionist was so warm and welcoming and was really good at her job (she had trainee written on her name badge). She offered us a room upgrade for an additional cost which we declined but was really nice to be offered. Another member of staff joined her and kindly showed us to the lift. The room itself was really nice and suprisingly quiet considering its Temple Bar! The beds are so comfortable and I had one of the best nights sleep ever! We ate in the bar that night and had some drinks. The food was really good. We had eaten there last year when staying in another hotel in the area and it seems to have improved alot. The staff were so nice and attentive and we needed for nothing. They regulary checked on us and got us more drinks. Breaskfast the next morning was very smooth and organised as its seemed to be very busy with a tour group. The food was lovely and they had everything you could think of. Overall I would definately be recommending this hotel . It has a great location, great funky rooms and the staff are so nice and attentive- they really seem happy in their jobs. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Nia1981, Hello you, I hope your keeping well. Nia1981, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and thoughtful review of your recent stay with us. Excellent to read such positivity. A perfect example of a random act of kindness. Thank you. Can you imagine if everyone would have the same positive outlook on things, what a different world we would be in. So, it sounds like you and your fiance had a great time with us. Please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com when you two are looking into where to stay around the time of " the big day " and I would be honoured to arrange a complimentary upgrade with full Vip treatment as a thank you for the kindness. It's nice to be nice to the nice. Nia1981, thank you again and I hope your summer is off to a fantastic start. Take care of each other

Reviewed 25 June 2014

If you are in Dublin to have fun and party in the Temple Bar area then this is the PERFECT location. Otherwise, the party in the streets below is very, very loud (ear plugs are provided with complimentary toiletries however!). Speaking of the toiletries the lotion and body wash smell amazing! The rooms are a good size and so are the bathrooms. The twin beds pushed together instead of a queen bed was a bit odd for my husband and I though. Price was good for the location!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

MissAllison3, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. MissAllison3, thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. Our location is Amazing isn't it. The exact heart of Dublin's Temple Bar. People from all over this planet come for this and to experience the wildlife and adventure from within. A level of energy unlike no other. Speaking of unlike no other, our toiletries. You would not believe the amount of emails I get about them. They're great aren't they. All from the White Company and exclusive to the Morgan. Well MissAllison3, once again thank you for the kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner rather than later.

Be well

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Located in Temple Bar (which has really gone down hill since a lot of independent restaurants have been replaced by fast food chains). Nice big quiet room and very cheery reception staff. It was nice to be in a room where the windows opened for a bit of fresh air.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Teresa R, Good Morning to you, I hope this email finds you well. It's amazing. I have been waiting for someone to comment on the fast food chains moving in on Temple Bar. I don't like it either. I am actually surprised that they got in. Mc Donalds, Subway, Starbucks and a few others are on every street corner across the globe, so I thought they'd leave Temple Bar alone, but hey, time will tell. There are still some great traditional spots around that have managed to keep their own and do their best to keep the traditional Irish thing going, which is really nice to see. Anyway, Teresa R, great minds think alike. Take care and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later, and we'll see what else pops up.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Morgan for 3 nights for mums 60th birthday. Was expecting to like the hotel, but my expectations were exceeded! From the minute we checked in, it was a pleasure. Room was beautiful, very clean, and THE most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Added bonus of a lovely balcony to enjoy was a pleasant surprise. Had read a lot of things about staying in Temple Bar area, and it's probably not for those looking for a quiet time, but I would not have stayed anywhere else. Breakfast was fantastic, lots of choices from traditional Irish farls to smoked salmon, wonderful way to line the stomach for a day in Dublin. Cannot recommend the Morgan highly enough!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We are a couple that stayed two nights at this hotel at the very end of May 2014. In addition to its perfect location, the room was really nice and comfortable, the service was excellent and everything about it in general was simply great. The price was reasonable too. In short, highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Hi yorams111, I hope this email finds you well my friend. yorams111, thank you so much for the random act of kindness worded in to your review. Excellent way to start the day with such positivity. I love reviews like this. Short, sweet, kind, to the point, warm hearted, no messing around, positive and ready to share with others. The point of the journey is not the arrival as they say. Take care and be well my friend. I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner rather than later

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and myself stayed here the week of our wedding somewhere nice to stay while finalizing our wedding plans while still in Dublin. This hotel is a boutique hotel and very stylish. Lovely decor and very modern, our bedroom was white with a huge silver bed, I loved it..very girly I was informed. Nice big tv in the corner and great ensure bathroom. We didn't spend much time there as we were out watching an NFL game..but wish we could have stayed in and not gone out it was that nice. Funny thing was on our way back from watching the football game we went to walk into the hotel bar from the street and the bouncer wouldn't let us in..regulars only, I explained we were residents and he wasn't having it..so we went into the reception and walked into the bar anyway out of principal..kind of rude and out of order since we were definitely not intoxicated and were actual residents of the hotel it left a bad taste in our mouths about the hotel. It's still fabulous and I love the decor. In the heart if Temple bar so beside the action...but kind of pricey, specially being refused a beverage from the residence bar :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the temple bar side..quite loud
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Sinead_Harold Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that you are getting some of this sun hitting Dublin right now. 22 degrees and climbing with not a drop of rain for four days now. There are rumours of another heat wave on the way so fingers crossed. Sinead_Harold, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, thoughtful and informative review of your recent stay with us. I'm really sorry for the issues with the security. I've forwarded on your comments to our bar manager and he is looking into this as I type you this email. Sinead_Harold, please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you plan on staying with us and I will arrange a complimentary upgrade to one of our signature design suites with full Vip treatment and we'll see if we can start again at being friends. Once again thank you for the random act of kindness and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Who knows, the Seahawks may suprise us all again

Be well