“Great location, food, and drinks!”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #38 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great location, food, and drinks!”
Reviewed 3 September 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this property on our recent trip to Dublin and enjoyed every minute. The hotel is located in the heart of the Temple Bar district and within walking distance to most major attractions.

The hotel itself is modern chic and has the luxury of a great lobby bar. I would caution anyone staying at this property to request a room at the back of the hotel as the area can get noisy on the weekends!

Our room was very spacious as they upgraded us to a suite!

The bed was comfortable - drinks reasonably priced and service 5 star! I would definitely recommend this property.

Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 14 September 2014
Paul C, Hi and Hello, I am delighted to hear that you fully enjoyed every minute of your experience at The Morgan!
Our location, the contemporary and chic room decorations, our 5 star service and the great cocktails, accompained by the funky atmosphere which you can breathe at The Morgan Bar, truly reflect the message which we want to spread all along!
I am glad that you also appreciated our complimentary upgrade to one of our best suites, and that you had a fabulous stay here with us.
I hope to see you again soon!

Until next time,

Joe Foran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I can't say enough about the location...it is perfect. The staff was kind upon our arrival. They set us up in the bar while we waited for our room and then came and got us when it was ready. It was important to me that we had a really great room and they even let me go up and take a look. It was perfect. We had a King Deluxe (AC was very important to me). We had a couple of issues with the TV/Internet going out while we were there but the issues were fixed in less than 30 mins both times. The only reason The Morgan is not getting excellent is because we did have an odd sulfur smell that permeated our room after we used the sink. It was a little overpowering but then it would go away. Truth is, we were not in our room all that often anyway. If you want a great location, with fun, funky vibe and staff that understands you are on vacation - The Morgan is your hotel.

Room Tip: If AC is important book the King Deluxe.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jlperez13
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 26 September 2014
jlperez13, Hi and Hello!
Our location, the contemporary and chic room decorations, our 5 star service and the great cocktails, accompanied by the funky atmosphere which you can breathe at The Morgan Bar, truly reflect the message which we want to spread all along!
And despite that little inconvenience, of which I addressed already to my maintenance staff, I am happy to hear that we manage to make your stay special.
Thanks very much for all the compliments, I really hope to see you again here soon!

Until then,

cork
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I stay in this hotel on a regular basis for pure convenience if i have colleagues coming to stay in Dublin. The rooms are nice but not always practical as lighting isn't great for getting ready and mirrors in the bedroom itself are in some rooms badly placed. The suites are great and come with a fully fitted kitchen if you are having an extended stay. The breakfast is good and the bar has a great atmosphere at the weekends, i particularly like Sunday nights.

Room Tip: They are all very different, I've stayed in so may but i wouldn't remember the numbers.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheGovernor1
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
TheGovernor1, Hi and Hello for the team at the Morgan. Thank you for taking the time and effort to leave us with some feedback of your recent stay. It so nice to get some feedback from a regular guest. i would have to agree with you about the lights in some areas of Hotel are not the brightest but we try to create an ambient vibe throughout the hotel so our guest can come in and relax away from the hustle and bustle of the world. I will however do a full review of the lighting in all areas. Our new breakfast menu is about to go live next week and I'm sure if you liked it before, you will love it on your next visit.

Until your next visit

Be well

Limassol District, Cyprus
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Comfortable, minimal design, centrally located boutique hotel and value for money. Helpful staff. Very clean. We went there for honeymoon. A bit noisy at night till morning hours due to its location. I would go back :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Irish_Calinn, Hi and Hello!
I am glad to hear that our Room decorations, the central location and our enthusiastic staff, really made the difference for you guys!
I can only assume by your comments, that you had taken the time to join us at The Morgan Bar for a few refreshing drinks, and took a breath off the funky and vibrating atmosphere of the place.
Thanks very much for your great review, next round at the bar is on Me!
I hope to see you soon again.

Until next time,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

The Morgan is a quirky comfortable, clean, centrally located boutique hotel and value for money.

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night when we flew into Dublin for the All Ireland semi final. Our experience from check in to check out was very smooth and the staff were very helpful accommodating our requests from extra towels to recommendations outside the hotel

The location cannot be beaten and I would recommend the Morgan for anyone looking to see the sights of Dublin day or night!

As many others have commented it can be a little noisy into the early hours but that's within my expectations as it really is smack bang in the middle of the temple bar and as they say if you can't beat them join them.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Irish_calinn
Irish_Calinn, Hi and Hello,
I am happy that you enjoyed every minute of your stay and I can only assume that you "joined them", in the end!!
I hope to have you back here with us, at The Morgan soon!

Until then,

Belfast
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I had spent ages researching a good hotel in the right location for our stay in Dublin & The Morgan seemed to tick all the boxes. I booked a room several months in advance & was really looking forward to our stay here.

One week before we were due to stay I get an e mail from the booking agent saying that they had been informed by The Morgan that due to a large party booking in our booking was now cancelled! So we were left without a room on one of the busiest weekends with numerous events going on in Dublin. We were offered another hotel & when I accepted this was told it was full as well!!

I then had to try & find us somewhere to stay in Dublin. Needless to say all the prices were totally ridiculous because of the short notice with very little availability.

No one from the hotel contacted me to apologise. So be warned the same thing could happen to you here as it is obvious that customer service means nothing at The Morgan!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Diane C
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 20 September 2014
Diane C,
Hi and Hello from the team at the Morgan.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to leave us this review of your recent stay.
I completely understand your frustration and I am mortified that we have not lived up to our promise and betrayed your expectations.
I am working with my senior management team to address these unacceptable issues.
I will contact you offline to apologise in person and investigate on exactly what happened on this occasion.

Thank you again for leaving us such constructive feedback.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We thought we knew what we were getting in to staying in Temple Bar, but the complimentary ear plugs and bouncers for the club (on a Friday and Saturday night) really should have tipped me off.

There is a club downstairs that is open quite late. If you're at all sensitive to noise, then this is not the hotel for you. Luckily, we were given a room on a higher floor, so the noise wasn't too bad. I was able to sleep through everything, but my husband did have to use the earplugs.

Good:
Hotel is very, very centrally located. Right in the heart of Temple Bar. There is so much to see/do right around there. Almost all of the sights are within walking distance.
Free wifi
Decently comfortable beds
We stayed on a higher floor, away from the club, so the noise wasn't as bad
Rooms were average sized for Europe

The not good, but not bad:
We came back to the hotel around midnight and still had to fight our way through the crowd for the club and past the bouncer just to get into the hotel.

The bad:
The rooms weren't dirty, but they weren't clean either. The bathrooms had a little mold, the paint was chipping off in places. It was one of those hotels that looked ok from the surface, but once you started to investigate closer then you could see it was a little worn around the edges.

I would recommend this hotel if you were going to Dublin with some friends for some serious drinking and having fun. However, I'm not sure I would recommend it to anyone else. The location really can't be beat, but it wasn't very relaxing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank uwhuskygirl
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Uwhusky Girl, Hi and Hello, I am thrilled that you have enjoyed your time in Dublin.
Being in Temple Bar is one of the best options you could have asked for, given the tasty restaurants, banter and genuine street lifestyle.
I hope you had taken the time to come down to our Bar to enjoy our refreshing cocktails and the Live saxophone and percussion/bongo live music.
Sightseeing through the streets of Dublin is great, when everything is just a few steps away from The Morgan.

I am delighted that you took the time on writing this review about us, I am happy to receive yet another constructive comment!
I hope to see you again soon, here at The Morgan hotel.

Be well,