“Could have been better”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #14 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Well its a gorgeous hotel, but we had no water and then the message alarm on the phone kept going off in the middle of the night. I would go back but it needs to be perfect for the money!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SandraMcCann
CorahCaples, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Dear Ms McCann,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Fitzwilliam hotel following your recent stay. I am glad to read that you think it's a georgeous hotel - we think so too!!

Ms McCann, it is not clear whether you are referring to bathroom water supply or the complimentary still & sparkling water we place in the rooms for our guests. As I have no record of an interruption of the mains water supply at the time of your stay, I am assuming you are referring to the complimentary bottles of water. I am sorry that this was not in the room.

I am equally disappointed to read that the message alarm kept going off in the room as this is most unusual. It is not clear whether contact was made with a member of the night team, who are always avaiable to assist guests and resolve any issues.

Ms McCann, I noted that you have said you would come back and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam!

With kind regards,

Corah Caples
Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,880)

Reviewed 6 June 2011

I just stayed there with my wife and I can tell you without reservation this is one terrific hotel. Make no mistake, it is not the Plaza but its not meant to be. It is a very well designed, very pretty hotel in a great location. The staff couldn't be nicer and the bar and restaurant are great. The rooms are very attractively decorated and it is immaculate. I seriously love this place and I won't be staying anywhere else when I go to Ireland and I suggest you stay here too. The price is right and whatever frills you don't get you don't need. Trust me, there is really no downside to this hotel. It is topnotch all the way.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2011

A nicely presented hotel with good customer service and nice housekeeping touches eg chocs with turndown service, and excellent location opposite St Stephens Green and near Grafton St shops. We required a room to accommodate 3 so were given a choice - in itself a nice touch - between a large room at front of hotel or a small room at rear (so small I didnt realise the "bedseat" I thought I was looking at was actually the bed for our 160cm 11yo child) so after 4 weeks of hotel rooms, and checking the level of street traffic noise wasn't too bad once the double-glazed windows were closed, chose the room with the decent 2nd bed.
Room was lovely and clean with a reasonably comfortable bed but the noise from the nightclub 2 floors down made it difficult to sleep till after 1am. We decided not to request a new room since the staff had been very accommodating overall and we only had one more night before we headed home and just couldn't be bothered packing up twice.

A nice hotel but would recommend checking your room location if you want a restful stay.

Room Tip: Light sleepers ask for room away from nightclub
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank agoodyear67
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Our trip was booked through Costco so all we knew about the Fitzwilliam was it's central location in Dublin and that it was a very nice hotel. Though the rooms were expensive the service was incredible!! After checking us in the receptionist came out from behind the desk and walked us to our room! The initial TV screen greeted us personally as did the card on the plate with magnificent chocolates. The internet had a good connection and was free. The breakfast and dinners were wonderful and the waiters/waitresses were very attentive. The ONLY negative was our 2nd story room looked out over St. Stephens Square, which was a beautiful view, however the noise from the street at night was very loud. You felt as if you were involved in the conversations. Try to get a room on the highest floor. We stayed in Edinburgh, London and Paris this trip and the Fitzwilliam was our favorite hotel. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurene J
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Excellent service and accommodations. Staff is superb and facilities are immaculate. Would not stay anywhere else, this place has it all. Loved it.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Stayed here on a 2 night city break while attending a concert at the O2. GREAT location. You can shop and then go back to the hotel to chill out for awhile if you are tired. Valet parking was really handy - given the city centre location and levels of traffic. Very friendly reception. Lovely modern cozy rooms with all mod cons - no noise. Breakfasts were nice. We booked on a weekend deal which included parking. I had researched all the nice 4 star and 5 star city centre hotels and the Fitzwilliam offered the best deal to include parking - other hotels were charging crazy money like €25 a day to park you car. Will definitely be staying here again if I need to come back to Dublin.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Lovely place to stay. Great location in the middle of the city. Staff were very friendly and really helpful. Rooms are fab - very comfortable, well decorated and really clean.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business