“Dublin with my son Jack”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #14 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
ireland
“Dublin with my son Jack”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Amazing hotel ..I've stayed quite a few times and never a fault the room was fantastic .. Food in the bar was totally yummy and all the staff throughout so helpful friendly and professional can't wait for my next visit in September ....thank you

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank holidayby4
AlanVallely, Front Office Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear holidayby3,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent visit to Dublin City and the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

I am delighted that you and Jack have enjoyed our hospitality and the entire team look forward to your return visit in September!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Turkish first
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We only stayed for one night and had a delux king on the second floor. We had read about noise issues and the room size, but found neither to be a problem. The window, overlooking St. Stephen's Green, was double glazed and when I asked about the noise, the woman showing us the room told us that they had taken the cmoplaints to heart and the extra window glass was to fix that prroblem. I felt that I had plenty of room with a little sitting area and the bed. The staff was exceedingly helpful.

My only small complaint was that we chose to grab lunch at the bar in order to get out to an exhibit for the afternoon. Although everybody was extremely friendly and polite, it took over half an hour to get our food. The food was great, but a little long in coming.

Otherwise, it was a lovely comfortable visit.

2 Thank sandra s
Dear sandra s,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.
I trust that you have arrived home safely and take with you fond memories of your time with us in the city.
I am delighted that we have succeeded in many aspects in our efforts to create a seamless stay for you.
Please be assured that your feedback regarding the speed of service at our "Inn on the green" bar and kitchen has been presented to the team as an opportunity to learn and develop based on your feedback.

sandra s, we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

Kind regards,

Woodland, California
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This was a nice hotel. We stayed on the 5th floor and had a balcony, which our kids (they were in the room next door) thought was great! The rainfall shower was incredible! The beds were very comfortable, the rooms were quiet, and we appreciated the free wi-fi in our room. We found the location of this hotel very convenient for everything we wanted to do. There were restaurants, shopping, bus tours, etc. all within a couple of minutes walk. We were very pleased with our stay there.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kgstevens
Dear kgstevens,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.
I am delighted to understand that overall, your enjoyment of this stay was reflective of our service ambition.

kgstevens, we look forward to welcoming your family back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel in the near future.

London
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Location is great for both business and leisure in Dublin.

I had a Queen bed room overlooking the courtyard on the 5th floor, which I found small but adequate for a solo business traveler staying just 2 nights. If I'd been on holiday with my wife I think we would have found it cramped. The room decor was good and tastefully presented, although closer inspection showed that some aspects were a little tired (frayed carpet at the edges). Each night there were two handmade chocolates in a box on the pillow, a nice touch which is less common now days.

The shower was mounted in the bath-tub, but was a fixed vertical rainfall style setup. It had only two speeds: on or off, and was exhilarating to say the least. It was like showering with a high-pressure hose - a true decontamination experience! I quite liked it. Predictably though I managed to flood the bathroom as given the volume of water coming out there's no room for error!

The lobby and entrance are not as grand / opulent as some of the competing hotels in town, but still sufficiently stylish. The restaurant where breakfast is served overlooks the lobby from the mezzanine floor. Breakfast was good and included in my room rate. Real "fresh" orange juice was present - my minimum requirement for a decent breakfast. The setup is a hybrid buffet / a-la-carte setup but all included in the same price. It was a little confusing on the first morning as I wasn't sure if hot food was included or not.

Overall, its good for business and I'd go back. If I was going with my spouse it would have to be a bigger room - not sure how much extra this is.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Snobs_Travel
Dear Snobs_Travel,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your experience with us in the city. The team and I are proud that you have enjoyed the room decor, turndown service, breakfast food and service quality. I trust that our future guests will also benefit from the thoughtful presentation and detail of your feedback.

Snobs_Travel, I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We spent a day in Dublin on both ends of our vacation to Europe and stayed at the Fitzwilliam both times. If I ever make it back to Dublin, I'd fully expect to stay there again. It was a great experience. Amazing location, very helpful staff, nice rooms (awesome beds), good wifi in the rooms, etc. I'd highly recommend it for any travelers spending time in Dublin.

1 Thank Doug H
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This was my second trip to the FitzWilliam, the first being a business trip a couple off years ago.

We arrived to be given an upgrade to a Deluxe Premium with a balcony view over St Stephen's Green. Super! A bottle of champagne with that view is definitely the way to "do" Dublin.

The staff were uniformly excellent, helpful knowledgeable and plentiful. We dined in the superlative Thornton's restaurant (not cheap but worth every single penny), then collapsed back into the bed bed in Dublin. So comfortable and quiet.

Absolutely, without a doubt, I would go there again and highly recommend it to anybody.

Room Tip: Book a Deluxe Premium room and ask for one with a view over St Stephen's Green.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BarrigntonIsTops
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We arrived in Dublin on our honeymoon and we stayed the first two nights at the Fitzwilliam Hotel. The Porters were very quick to retrieve our bags and were very pleasant to deal with. They assisted us with directions and recommendations. When we arrived in our room there was Happy Honeymoon marked on the television screen and there was a happy honeymoon layout on the desk with chocolates and such. It was a very nice added touch. The room was very nice and because we were on the fourth floor we had a balcony. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean and modern. The location was excellent, located right next to Grafton Street which is the main shopping area and it is close to lots of pubs.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms on the fourth floor have balconies.
1 Thank MelR2012