“Luxurious stay ”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #17 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

As we searched for hotels in Dublin the Fitzwilliam was our third choice since the others were booked. I am glad they were! My husband stated this was his favorite place out of 6 places we stayed on our trip. The location is perfect. Just across from St Stephens green and just down from Grafton St. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed we have ever slept on. The biggest plus for me lots of pillows! Breakfast was fabulous and the waitstaff were excellent. The maids deserve a big shout out because the room was immaculate. Last but not least the front desk, concierge, doormen and other hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. I can't think of a single criticism for our 2 night stay. This was the first stop on our 2 week honeymoon and they gave us a warm Irish welcome!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear ohio 32,

Greetings and congratulations from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your stay so much. Our location is certainly very central and makes exploring the city very easy. I am really pleased that you found the beds so comfortable and the rooms immaculate.

We believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it's great that you had the opportunity to experience our breakfast offering and that you enjoyed your meal.

ohio 32, I am delighted that you found the team very friendly and accommodating and I have passed your kind comments on to them!

I hope the rest of your honeymoon was as memorable and may we wish both of you every happiness for the future.

There are newer reviews for Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I spent one night on a business trip at the Fitzwilliam. The positives: excellent location overlooking St Stephen's green; good breakfast; good service. However, my overall rating is only average, given the twin single beds, the weird sound when walking on the carpet, as if there were plastic bags under it (yes I am very serious about it, what is wrong with your room carpet Fitzwilliam? tell us more about the plastic layer under it) and finally, a real shock when I am told the hotel would take a £15 deposit for lending me a plug adaptor. Of course I returned it and was not charged the £15, but wow what a mentality!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear pierre_mathilde,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel overlooking St. Stephen's Green, the breakfast and good service you received.

We have several different room types available and it is not clear from your review which room type you reserved. May I suggest that you contact the hotel directly when planning your next visit to Dublin; we can go thorough the room types with you and ensure that a room that meets your needs is reserved.

I am sorry that you experienced a strange sound when walking on the carpet. All our carpets have a thick underlay fitted beneath them, which does not make any noise. I would appreciate it if you could contact me directly so that I can fully investigate and resolve this noise.

Our policy on deposits for chargers etc. is currently being reviewed and your feedback will be taken into consideration during this process.

pierre_mathilde, I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is a wonderful, top rate hotel, located overlooking St Stephen's Green. The bedrooms are large and the service is exemplary. Several restaurants to choose from with professional, yet very friendly staff. There is a fun bar on the ground floor where we had drinks and a bite to eat late in the afternoon. Just steps from Grafton Street, this is the best hotel in Dublin. The people at the concierge desk, and those who work at reception are cheerful and most helpful. This is where we will stay on our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Dominique H,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel overlooking St. Stephen's Green and the quality of your bedroom.

I am really pleased that you found the staff professional and very friendly, in particular the restaurant, concierge and reception teams. It is great that you had an opportunity to have some food and drinks in the bar and that you enjoyed your time there. I have passed your kind comments on to the team, as feedback such as yours makes everyone's day!

Dominique H, on behalf of all the team, we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to The Fitzwilliam in the near future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Top notch place. Classic Irish with an au current twist. Staff are engaged, concerned and take action. Bit of a delay getting to room but i did request a particular room. However i was kept up to date. Showers are great and 'proper' tea in their rooms.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Brianmaxhouston,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted that you enjoyed the contemporary design of the hotel and the in-room amenities. I was particularly pleased to read you found the team engaged and concerned. I have taken the liberty of passing your kind comments on to them, as feedback such as your makes everyone's day!

Biranmaxhouston, should your travels bring you to Dublin again we would be delighted to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

with kind regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I have traveled all over the world and we tend to stay at top-notch hotels. We were disappointed when, while planning a last-minute trip to Dublin, all of the major "5-star," hotels in the city were completely booked. We found the Fitzwilliam through Trip Advisor and in all honesty, we didn't have very high expectations. Boy, were we wrong! This is a 5-star hotel by any standard. Granted, we're not fans of modern decor (we prefer, when visiting old cities, to stay in grand, old hotels), but aside from the decor not being to our taste, the Fitzwilliam hit all the 5-star marks. The beds are extremely comfortable, complete with luxury linens and great (and plentiful), pillows. The rooms are well thought out and every luxury is provided and to say that the place is clean is a vast understatement. There is turn-down service at night. The morning breakfast is terrific. I highly, highly recommend this hotel and upon returning to Dublin, would stay here again in a heartbeat. The hotel staff go out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. This is a terrific hotel.

Room Tip: I happen to like quiet, so if you're like me, ask for a room facing the courtyard. If you like...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank b0nnieb00p
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear b00nnieb00p,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted that you found the hotel though TripAdvisor and that we exceeded your expectations!

We realise that our contemporary design may not be to everyone's taste, however we strive to ensure that our friendly and professional service meets and exceeds each guest's needs.

It is great that you enjoyed the comfort, design and amenities of the bedrooms. We believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I am really pleased that you thought it was "terrific"!

It was particularly pleasing to read the team went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. I have passed your kind comments on to the team, as feedback such as yours makes everyone's day.

b0nnieb00p, should your travels bring you to Dublin again we would be delighted to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

After a long day of delays and finally arriving at the Fitzwilliam we were greeted by the most wonderful staff. Anything we needed they were right there to help with! After long days of sight seeing returning to our rooms to find our beds turned down each night with a chocolate on the pillows was lovely! We were told by fellow travelers to try a pub they had enjoyed but when we inquired about it we were told it was really a younger crowd and for a true Irish experience we might want to try one on the local pubs. It turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip. Gogherty's Pub was truly as authentic as they come! Thanks Fitzwilliam for not steering us wrong!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lindi S,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted that you found the team welcoming and eager to assist you in any way they could. I have passed your kind comments on to them, as such feedback makes everyone's day!

I am really pleased that the concierge team provided you with "sound" recommendations and that you got to sample some of what Dublin has to offer.

Lindi S, should your travels bring you to Dublin again we would be delighted to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed here for three nights recently as I was getting married in a church nearby. I had booked 9 rooms altogether for our group and Lorna, the Events Manager, was extremely helpful dealing with the booking. The rooms were all very nice although the standard rooms are somewhat small. All of the staff were very nice during our stay although I found the service at breakfast somewhat disorganised. I was told by one staff member on one morning that as we were on a B&B rate all items on the menu were included. The following day I was told I had to pay a supplement for certain items. I think if you have been quoted a B&B rate then you should be able to have any item on the menu. Other than that the breakfast was very good. We also had the bar food for lunch one day which was lovely. The location of this hotel is perfect for anyone visiting Dublin and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear SeoigheN,

Greetings and congratulations from the Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent wedding in the city. I am really pleased that you found Lorna extremely helpful and that you found the team very nice during your stay. I have passed your kind comments on to team, as feedback such as this makes everyone's day!

I am really pleased that you enjoyed central location of the hotel and the rooms. I am disappointed to read you found the breakfast less than organised. The vast majority of the breakfast items on offer are included on the bed & breakfast rate; there are a couple of exceptions and these are identified on the breakfast menu. I am really sorry that the team miscommunicated this information to you. However, I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you had an opportunity to dine I the bar as well.

SeoigheN, thank you for the recommendation and on behalf of all the team may I take this opportunity to wish both of you every happiness in your married life. We look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam in the near future.