“Fantastic location”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #17 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Have stayed a few times here. Staff are always friendly and helpful. The location is fantastic. Breakfast was good too. The small bedroom was a little overheated for our taste but very nicely appointed. The wee gym is handy too. Yes, we would and have returned.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear bricKildare,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your most recent visit to the city. I am delighted that you find the team friendly and helpful and that you enjoy our breakfasts. I am sorry your found the room too warm; all our rooms have individually controlled air conditioning units. We have several room types and sizes available and may I suggest that you contact us directly when you are next planning to stay so that we can allocate the correct room for you.

bricKildare, whether business or leisure brings you to Dublin again we would be delighted to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

From the moment I arrived late on a Friday night to the time I left on Monday morning we couldn't have been better looked after. The front desk staff at reception were friendly, professional and helpful. Indeed, so were the concierge staff and the chambermaids. All of them greeted us with a smile and made us feel welcome.

The room was extremely comfortable and the bed was superbly comfortable.

Its location on St Stephen's Green was perfect for evrything from Lansdowne Road to Temple Bar and Trinity.

I would definitely stay in the Fitzwilliam again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lionred2002

Dear Lionred2002,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay so much; from the central location, to the welcome and friendliness of the team. I have passed your kind comments on to the everyone, as feedback such as yours makes everyone's day.

Lionred2002 we look forward to welcoming you back to The Fitzwilliam in the near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed four nights over the marathon weekend on room basis. The hotel room was spacious but on the first night we could hear the ventilation unit above our bedroom and it kept me awake. So at midnight they moved us to another room and relocated us to permanent room on the following morning. That was quiet and great.
The room was spacious and all you would wish for. The service was excellent; especially conceige service was excellent.
we did eat at the bar area one night and food was very good.

Room Tip: avoid 414 which seems to be noisy maybe below a ventilation unit. Not sure but once we were moved to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Chris M,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city for the Dublin marathon. I hope you had a successful run. I am sorry that you experienced a noise disturbance in the first room you were allocated. However, I am delighted you enjoyed the subsequent, quiet, spacious room you stayed in.

I am really pleased you found the service excellent and I have passed on your kind comments to all the team and in particular the Concierge team. Feedback such as yours makes everyone's day!

Chris M, should your travels, or marathons, bring you to Dublin again we would delighted to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I liked this hotel overall, I would rate it highly if it was a 4* hotel, but it was lacking a little as a 5* hotel.

Here are the good bits:
Fantastic location
Lovely room
Great staff - naturally nice, friendly and helpful
Great breakfast

Some bits that need improvement:
Difficult to improve due to the footprint, but the lobby was small and lacked a welcoming atmosphere - the reception is tucked away at the back.
Our room was the last in a looooooooong corridor, bit of a trek. An alternative was offered, fair play to the staff, but this was smaller and stuffy, so we declined.
One of the lifts was not working, leading to some congestion, I'm sure this was a temporary issue though.
The bar seemed (with just a brief nosey in the door) to be more of a restaurant, not somewhere you'd wander in for a pint and the read of a paper.

Would I go back? Probably not, it was a nice hotel alright, but next time I would probably go for a high-end 4* hotel - something with a bit of luxury alright, but more atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ask for one close to the lifts, as the corridors are very long
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Olordy,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city! I am delighted that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and the quality of the bedrooms.

I am sorry that you did not like the design of the lobby area and the layout of the bedroom floors. There was essential maintenance on one of our elevators at the time of your visit and this work has since been completed.

I am really pleased you enjoyed our breakfast and that you found the team naturally nice, friendly and helpful. I have passed you kind comments on to everyone.

Olordy, should your travels bring you to Dublin again we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I can't praise this hotel enough. The staff are so friendly and extremely obliging. The rooms are a good size and very clean. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in - I've spent many nights in different hotels over the years. We arrived as a party of 13 females and enjoyed a fantastic weekend at this hotel. Shops and nightlife are all within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank sythica

Dear Sythica,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city! I am delighted that you had a fantastic weekend. Our central location certainly makes exploring the city's sights, shops, restaurants and bars exceptionally easy. I am really pleased you enjoyed the comfort of the rooms and in particular the beds.

It is great that you experienced the friendliness and helpfulness of the team during your stay; I have passed you kind comments on to everyone as feedback such as yours makes everyone's day!

Sythica, should your travels bring you and your friends to Dublin again we would be delighted to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Just spent a weekend at the Fitzwilliam and once again had a fantastic stay. Beautiful room overlooking Stephens Green, wonderful staff, terrific breakfasts and a great friendly relaxed vibe that you just dont get in other 5 stars, and as for the location, its the very best !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Barry M,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your most recent visit to the city! I am delighted that you had a fantastic weekend. Our rooms overlooking St. Stephen's Green provide wonderful views over the city and particularly so at this time of year.

We believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I am glad that you took the time to experience this meal with us.

I am really pleased that you thought the team were wonderful and friendly and I have passed your kind comments on to everyone.

Barry M, when you next visit Dublin, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome both of you back to the Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed there Saturday nite with my fiends for her 30th Birthday treat!

I expect something more special from 5*! Beds were prepared for 3 people in room alright, but everything else was like for 2 people: 2 robs, 2 slippers, and only two welcome sweets.. its those small things what matters.. and just didn't felt right when everything is set for 2 people!
And especially for the price what we paid, which we didn't mind, because expected 5* level..

And at breakfast I was never offered toast nor coffee! I was seated and I nobody approach me. I went and ask for coffee myself.

Service wasn`t great at all. I wouldn't stay there unless they drop the star and price! Because our experience was only average..

Room Tip: Ask for room with view over St. Stephens..
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MiaCC1

Dear MiaCC1,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your friend's 30th birthday celebrations. I am sorry that the service levels you describe did not meet your, or my expectations. The elements you describe are certainly not the standard that the team are trained to, or that they normally deliver.

MiaCC1, should you wish, I would be delighted to discuss your stay in more detail with you.