“great hotel, great location”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #15 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin
“great hotel, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

such friendly staff! hallways are a little dim, but the rooms are amazing. they upgraded my room for free, without me even asking. front facing rooms can be a little loud on a saturday night, but excellent quality hotel. concierge was extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and gave tailored advice for my very short dublin trip!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Lauren D,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for your recommendation following your recent short visit. I am really pleased you enjoyed your complimentary upgraded room.

I am delighted to read you found the staff friendly and knowledgeable and in particular the Concierge team. I have passed your kind comments on to everyone as feedback such as yours makes everyone's day.

Lauren D, when your travels next bring you to Dublin we look forward to welcoming you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Turkish first
Limerick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had a fantastic night away at this hotel. When I booked I mentioned on the reservation that it was our wedding anniversary. They upgraded our room and gave us lovely chocolates on check in. The room was gorgeous if a little small, valet parking for just €10 and location is amazing. I would highly recommend for a hassle free stay with high standards and very friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Jane M,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for your recommendation following your recent wedding anniversary visit to the city. I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay.

I was equally pleased to read you enjoyed the upgraded room, valet parking and central location of the hotel. It is great you found the team very friendly; I have passed you kind comments on to everyone as feedback such as yours makes everyone's day.

Jane M, when your travels next bring you to Dublin we look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Cranford, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We started our week in Ireland at the Fitzwilliam Hotel and it was just perfect! Our flight got in at 8am and our room was all ready for us! Additionally- when we returned after exploring the city that afternoon, a personal note and chocolates were waiting for us for our wedding anniversary! This hotel is DEFINITELY worth every cent!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear LPM2014,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent wedding anniversary visit to the city. I am delighted that you found everything just perfect.

If we have a room ready and available we will always do our utmost to accommodate our early arriving guests; I am glad we were able to do so for you.

LPM2014, when your travels next bring you to Dublin we look forward to the opportunity to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I am a big fan of TripAdvisor and previous reviews of this hotel proved correct. Great location - we walked everywhere and room was good if a little less roomy than I had imagined. Car park under hotel at very reasonable rate. Staff were most helpful and professional at all times and breakfast I thought was great.

Dear Jude085,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really pleased you enjoyed the central location of the hotel; it certainly makes exploring all that the city has to offer exceptionally easy. If you arrive by car, which you did, once parked in our car park, you can forget your car whilst staying with us and explore the city on foot. I was equally pleased to read you enjoyed your breakfast and that you thought it was great.

I am delighted that you found the staff most helpful and professional at all times; I have passed your kind comments on to all of the team.

Jude085, I look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam when your travels next bring you to Dublin.

Mustihaveone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here in Nov 2013 with my wife, who had business at the RCS, which is right next door and therefore for us, it was a great location. The check-in was smooth, even though we came in at 1 am; the room was facing the inner-courtyard, presumably because we had asked for a quiet room. I don't know how old the property is, but the room was really well done inside - contemporary, smart. We did not dine at the hotel at all, but they were just generally super nice, even bringing up free steamed milk for my wife, who brings her own coffee everywhere.

It is walkable to Temple Bar, Trinity College etc but at the same time away from all those. The park across the street was very nice, and probably will be nicer in the spring. The mall at the corner of the street (as you turn left from the main hotel entrance) had a comprehensive supermarket, if you need anything.

The only shortcoming -and this is a nit, which is why I'd still give this hotel 5 stars - was the shower. It was very difficult to control the temperature, and the shower head pointed vertically downward but had such a large radius of spray that some of it would bounce off the wall and dribble down the side of the tub, eventually making the bathroom constantly wet.

That aside, loved the place and would stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for an inner room facing the courtyard, which is really rather nice and proba...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mustihaveone,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really pleased you enjoyed the central location of the hotel; it certainly makes exploring all that the city has to offer exceptionally easy. You're quite correct - St. Stephen's Green is looking particularly well with all the spring flowers.

I am really pleased you enjoyed a smooth check-in. I am sorry that you found the shower temperature difficult to control and I have forwarded your feedback to the maintenance team for review.

Mustihaveone, I look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam when your travels next bring you to Dublin.

County Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We were looking forward to this trip for ages and there is no doubt that it is in a great location.

But room 513 is very small for a premium price and our small window looks out to a concrete wall, we have to stretch to see the courtyard downstairs and there is a questionable stain in the toilet.

We have spent most of the night awake because we are in the same corridor as a hen party and finally the room seems to be next to the main water pipes as that kicked in at 6:30am as people started having showers.

4 Thank Scottish19
Dear Scottish 19,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the room allocated to you and that it did not live up to your expectations. I note that the room you refer to is one of our entry level rooms. We have several room types available, which vary in size and position (overlooking St. Stephen's Green or our courtyard garden).

It is not clear from your feedback, whether or not you alerted a member of the team to the noise disturbance you experienced, as they would have immediately addressed and resolved the matter.

Scottish 19, I truly regret your poor experience and should you wish to discuss the matter in more detail, please contact me directly at the hotel.

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night on the 27th March and it was well worth the added expense. Great staff, beautiful rooms and immaculately kept. The hotel is very central, around 100 metres from the top of Grafton Street. We are looking forward to our next stay.

Dear Colind66,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really pleased you enjoyed the central location of the hotel; it certainly makes exploring all that the city has to offer exceptionally easy, particularly shopping!

I am delighted you found the team great and the rooms immaculately maintained; I have passed your kind comments on to the team as such feedback makes everyone's day.

Colind66, we look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam in the very near future.