“very solid place...great location”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #17 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 May 2014

i got a deal on the rooms -- i paid about 300 per night in connection w a promotion...at that price it was a very good deal. the location is incredible --right off of stephens green in the heart of dublin.....and the staff is so nice. marcin the concierge in particular made sure that i was all set and made some good suggestions for pubs and restaurants. he also suggested the jameson tour which was fun. The rooms were clean and fine...this is definitely not a 5 star hotel but it was ideal for business. i would not stay here w my wife...to me it wasnt that kind of hotel.....the lobby is tiny and basic....no spa and the gym is tiny

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Randy S,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted you you found the staff nice and in particular Marcin; I have passed you kind comments on, as such feedback makes everyone's day.

I am equally pleased to read you enjoyed the very central location of the hotel.

Randy S, when your travels next bring you to Dublin, we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was our first stop, after an overnight flight. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Rooms are very nice and comfortable. Location was perfect for our only day in Dublin. Grafton St. is interesting with restaurants, shops and music. St. Stephens Green is directly across the street from the Fitzwilliam, and was a beautiful spot to take a walk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear ADK4,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am pleased to read you found the team friendly and welcoming and that you found your rooms comfortable.

Our location is certainly very central and St. Stephen's Green park is particularly pretty at this time of year.

ADK4, when your travels next bring you to Dublin, we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights in May. Prior to arriving we were called to confirm our booking so I was able to inform the hotel that we would be arriving after 10pm. We were lucky enough to arrive before 10:30 so were able to eat in the Inn on the Green bar. The room was well appointed and the bathroom and toiletries were very nice. Our one grumble was that the wifi was very temperamental with both of us losing access and then having problems reconnecting on a number of occasions.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Practicepacker,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am pleased to read you had an opportunity to dine in Inn on the Green and that you enjoyed the comfort and amenities of your room and bathroom.

I am sorry that you encountered some difficulties with your wifi connection, as it is normally very reliable.

Practicepacker, when your travels next bring you to Dublin, we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

While I really enjoyed the service staff and my stay in general, there were a couple items that could be improved for a more comfortable stay:
-the neighbors next to me were VERY noisy at unusual hours. They need to work on a sound proof door.
-another noise challenge was a consistent humming noise beneath me while I was trying to sleep. I finally realized that staying in room 352, I was directly above the 24/7 workout room.
-the lack of sockets in the bathroom requires that you dry/curl your hair in front of the small mirror in the dimly lit bedroom.
-to note: if you are serious about your workout, go outside. The "gym" is tiny and 1/2 the equipment is broken.
On a positive note, I LOVED my private patio and the great breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Emf465,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the service you received and your stay in general.

Thank you for your constructive comments which have been duly noted.

I am really pleased you enjoyed your private balcony - it is a real treat in the heart of the city. We believe that breakfast is the most important ,meal of the day and I am delighted that you enjoyed it so much.

Emf465, when your travels next bring you to Dublin, we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Was on a business trip with a colleague and we loved this hotel. Wonderful service - from the front desk, to the concierge, to the cleaning staff, bar and finally at the restaurant. The rooms are smaller than the usual American hotel rooms, but it has all the amenities (shampoo, conditioner, nice towels and soaps). The staff even loaned us a converter for our powerful hairdryer and curling iron as we brought the wrong ones! The evening concierge gave us a wonderful recommendation for local places to eat (and he was spot on). The hotel is centrally located and across the street from Trinity College. We paid a bit extra upfront and online to get a daily hot breakfast (the usual pastries, fruit, yogurt plus wonderful Irish sausage or bacon and eggs) - so glad we did as it made our mornings much easier. Dublin is such a walkable city - we were next to Grafton Street and the hip fun Temple Bar area. We didn't need public transportation as we just walked everywhere. The hotel even has free loaner umbrellas!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sile354,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the hotel so much from the wonderful service you received to the room facilities and the location.

I am really pleased you enjoyed the recommendations of the concierge team and I have passed you kind comment on to them.

We believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I am delighted that you enjoyed the variety and quality of items available.

Sile365, when business or leisure next brings you to Dublin, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We found this hotel has a great location with very friendly staff with the Concierge standing out.
The room was a little disappointing for the price, we found the room was very warm and small,
when you turned on the air conditioning it was very noisy. Bathroom was small with a shower in the bath. Shower gel and Shampoo could be better quality and the hotel could do with been
a little more generous with same. The Bar in the hotel is very nice and we were given a voucher on check in for a free cocktail, this was very thoughtful and kind. The lobby area is a little worn especially the leather seats which need attention. Overall great location, room a little small but the
staff are very helpful and are always willing to help.

Room Tip: Ask for a decent size room as they could not be all as small as the room we got.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank damian044

Dear Damian044,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really pleased you found the team very friendly and helpful, in particular the concierge team.

I am sorry that your room did not meet your expectations; we have several room types and sizes available and we would be delighted to discuss the various, more spacious options available to you. I have noted your comments regarding the bathroom amenities.

We have an on-going programme of maintenance and our lobby chairs are scheduled for replacement over the coming month.

I am delighted you had an opportunity to have a drink in the bar and that you found the team friendly and helpful.

Damian044, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam in the very near future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

All in all a very good night in a hotel: Very central, great staff, spacious and clean rooms.

Breakfast not included in normal room price, had it anyway, it was ok, not great.

Point for improvement:
A bit of a queue on check-out, which is always annoying.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Familyguy4fun,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am glad that you had a very good night's stay with us and that you found your room spacious and clean. I am really pleased that the team provided great service.

I am sorry that you experienced a bit of a queue on check-out; we have an express check-out facility with allows you to avoiding any queuing and to depart without delay.

I have noted your comments regarding breakfast and I would greatly appreciate some more detailed feedback.

Familyguy4fun, when your travels next bring you to Dublin we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.