“Family trip to Dublin”

Ranked #15 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
hollywood, United States
“Family trip to Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great hotel and location. We were in walking distance to many attractions, and the location is safe. Service was outstanding and our plan included breakfast which offered many options and was delicious. Someday we plan to return

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Jeanine F,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city and for your recommendation. I am delighted you found the service outstanding and that you enjoyed the extensive range on offer for breakfast.

Jeanine F, when your travels bring you to Dublin again, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Fitzwilliam.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Turkish first
Woburn Sands, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Would not say there was anything particular good or bad about the Fitzwilliam. It was just pretty averagely nice! Staff friendly, rooms clean, breakfast ok. I had a problem with the shower temperature which was a tad annoying - mentioned it to the check out staff who were very understanding.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear randj06,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am pleased to read you found the team friendly, rooms clean and that you enjoyed your breakfast.

I am sorry that you had a difficulty with your shower temperature and I thank you for informing us of that matter, so that we could immediately resolve it.

randj06, should you travels bring you to Dublin again, we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Diemtigen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was three days / three nights in this hotel. First the positive aspectes: I have rarely encountered such friendly, helpful staff at the concierge desk or at the front desk of a hotel. The people there deserve an Oscar. The room was large and spacious, the bathroom as well. The central situation of the hotel may also be mentioned on the positive side.
Unfortunately, I cannot say same for the infrastructure. I did not get the quiet room with "panoramic views of the courtyard" as ordered and promised. Despite the thick double-window the noise of the street musicians could be heard. As a bonus, I could hear all night an irritating sound that I believed to come from the engine room next to it. The breakfast buffet is approximately equal to that in a three, maximum four-star hotel. The TV probably came from the nineties, foreign language programs unavailable. Unfortunately, I also had bad luck with the free Wi-Fi offered: it worked simply not in spite of the amiable and energetic help of the staff from the concierge desk and the reception. The Gym consists of three units, one of which did not work, and a pair of dumbbells. Reading at night in bed was impossible; the lamps spread an extremely dim light. Under these conditions no longer disturbed the rather uncomfortable seating.

Room Tip: If you cannot stand the coulour purple, book elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear meisen45,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted to read you have rarely encountered such a friendly and helpful Reception or Concierge team.

I was equally pleased to read you enjoyed the spaciousness of your room and bathroom.

I am sorry that you did not receive a courtyard room as requested; I cannot determine from the review whether or not you made any of the team aware; as they would have immediately moved you to a courtyard garden room.

I have noted the comments regarding breakfast, tv and wifi, fitness room and lighting levels in the room. It is not clear from your feedback, whether or not you alerted any of the team to your need for stronger lighting - as they would have immediately provided you with an additional lamp.

meisen45, I trust your onward journey was a safe one and we thank you for your feedback.

new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Recently stayed and had a great time. Short distance to Trinity and Templebar area. Only stayed one night but was very pleased to have chosen this hotel. Room décor was nice and it had all the amenities that you needed. Wish I had the time to stay longer and if I go back to Dublin I will be definitely be staying there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear NewYork Jameson,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for your recommendation, following your recent visit to the city.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed the comfort and décor of your room and the central location of the hotel.

NewYork Jameson, when your travels next bring you to Dublin, we look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam, for a longer and more leisurely stay!

Monroe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were delighted from beginning to end with the Fitzwilliams. The location is perfect - close to everything but off to the side enough to be serene. The staff is well trained and attentive. The room was well appointed and had many lovely extra touches like chocolates on the beds each evening. We recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear NTPMonroe,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for your recommendation following your recent visit to the city.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay so much. Our location certainly makes exploring the city exceptionally easy.

I am particularly pleased to read that you found the team well trained and attentive and I have passed your kind comments on to everyone, as such feedback makes everyone's day!

NTPMonroe, on behalf of all the team we look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam in the near future.

NI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Booked room and called hotel to book room for colleague. Told there was no rooms available so asked to cancel my room and hey presto a room was available. Corporate rate includes breakfast but was charged and booking didn't state fact. Allocated room on 6th floor and curtains were broken, asked to be moved as no way of blocking light out of room. Moved to another 6th floor room and curtains whilst not broken were too small for window. Got moved to 3rd floor. On checkout I got charged for breakfast, complained and quite rudely told it wasn't included.

Second stay the following week, only as colleagues were staying there. Checked online booking that breakfast was included, it was. Called hotel to clarify and also to request room not on 6th floor. Assured breakfast was included. On check-in was given larger room on 5th floor, and told breakfast was not included. Said I had personally spoken to reservations to clarify, and asked to "Prove it". On check-out charged for breakfast, so asked for reservation staff to come to reception. Supervisor Receptionist then removed charge straight away.

The rooms on 6th floor are tiny, slightly better on the 3rd, and the deluxe room on the 5th better again. Will not stay here by choice again.

The only good experience is that the check-out receptionist, who had a trainee badge, was the most pleasant I had met during both visits.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank max B
Dear max B,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visits to the city.

I am pleased to read you found our trainee receptionist most pleasant and I have passed your kind comments on to her.

The experiences you describe certainly did not live up to your expectation or, indeed, mine. There is no excuse for the lack of courtesy that you describe and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss the points raised, with you. Should you be amenable, please contact me directly at the hotel.

Kennebunk, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was our first trip to Ireland, so our travel agent recommended this hotel. We loved it! Even though we arrived earlier than expected, we were immediately escorted to our room. Due to issues at the airport, we were 1/2 an hour late for the massages we had booked at their spa, but Ursula was very gracious and understanding. The massages were fantastic after getting off a long flight, as was the facial. What a great introduction to Dublin!

Loved the accommodations, and like many other reviewers, the location. We enjoy walking and exploring, so this was perfect for us. Although we didn't spend a lot of time in our room or at the hotel, we do have to say the breakfast choices were good, the food was delicious, and all of the staff we interacted with were very nice and helpful. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking a garden which was very quiet for the 2 nights that we were there.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tammy C,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for your recommendation, following your recent visit to Ireland and Dublin. I an delighted to read you loved your stay. We will always do our best to accommodate early arriving guests.

I am really pleased you enjoyed your massage, breakfasts and you interactions with the team; I have passed your kind comments on everyone and in particular to Ursula. such feedback makes everyone's day!

Tammy C, we look forward to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam in the near future.