“Great Location”

Ranked #15 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Location”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

You can't beat the location of this hotel. It's right across the street from St. Steven's Green which is an amazing park. It's very close to Trinity College, Grafton Street, etc. The rooms were small but comfortable. The staff was great...they went out of their way to help us find places to eat and recommended some really charming pubs. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HeidiLoo
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear HeidiLoo,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Our location certainly makes it very easy to explore all that the city has to offer. St. Stephen's Green is particularly wonderful at this time of year and it is great you had an opportunity to visit it.

We have several room type and sizes available, so when you are next planning a trip to Dublin please contact us directly and we would be delighted to go through the various options with you.

I am really pleased that the team went out of their way to assist you in recommendations for restaurants and pubs. I have passed you kind comments on to everyone as such feedback makes everyone's day.

HeidiLoo, when your travels next bring you to Dublin, we would look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Fitzwilliam!

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Turkish first
Grand Rapids
Reviewed 14 June 2014

After traveling around Ireland all week by car, I decided to pick a luxury hotel for two nights in Dublin, no matter the cost. In other words, my goal was to splurge and not to look for a good bargain. Our suite was wonderful and very comfortable. The bath tub was huge. Sometimes it was hard to pull ourselves away because we just wanted to relax in our room. The hotel is in a great location and the staff was very helpful to a couple of neophytes. I felt safe and new we could find someone to help us if we ever had questions or needed advice. Our room was spacious but there was not view to speak of. I was able to ditch the rental car early and take a taxi to the airport.

Room Tip: Our suite had ample room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear GribblyS,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your last days in Ireland so much and that you felt you could ditch the rental car early and explore Dublin without it!

It is great that you found the team so helpful and that there was always someone available to assist you with your queries; I have passed you kind comments on to the team as such feedback makes everyone's day.

Gribbly S, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to welcome both of you back to the Fitzwilliam!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Starting with the positive - the location was simply amazing. Right in the heart of Dublin, walking distance to all the great places to visit. However, this is not a hotel I would stay at again. Nothing was terrible, but everything was less than satisfactory - the room was nice but small, the bathroom was clean but the faucet leaked, the in-room hot beverage was instant coffee and cheap teabags (beautiful cups and teapot, though), and the minibar malfunctioned. The worst part of the experience was being charged 10 Euros for one local phone call, which the check-out staff wasn't able to resolve. If this were a budget hotel, I would not have complained, but it was definitely not worth the luxury hotel rate we paid for.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Yvonne L
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Yvonne L,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and thought your room was nice.

We have a number of different room categories and sizes; it is not immediately clear from the review which room type you reserved. I can only assume it was an entry level room, which would not have the same floor space as higher category rooms.

The in-room tea coffee facility is complimentary and should any guest prefer a loose leaf tea or freshly brewed coffee, we are only too delighted to deliver it to the room.

I regret that the faucet was leaking in your room as all rooms are inspected on a daily basis to ensure they are fault free. I have also noted your feedback regarding your telephone call. Should you wish to discuss your review in more detail, please contact me directly at the hotel and I shall be delighted to take your call.

Yvonne L, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel right beside the main shopping area in Dublin (Grafton St. etc.) and also many attractions. Staff really friendly and helpful. Lovely atmosphere in the lobby. Room was not as spacious as I would have thought but plenty for 2 people. I liked the seated area beside the window. Bathroom lovely and clean though I noticed quite a bad crack in a tile which took away from the presentation. Didn't have breakfast included which was fine since there are many beautiful places for breakfast nearby. Parking facilities and price was superb. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Alpini,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

I am delighted you found the team friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed the comfort and décor of the hotel.

Our on-site car park does provide excellent value for anyone arriving to the hotel by car and I am pleased that you availed of that facility.

Alpini, when your travels bring you to Dublin again, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Fitzwilliam.

hollywood, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great hotel and location. We were in walking distance to many attractions, and the location is safe. Service was outstanding and our plan included breakfast which offered many options and was delicious. Someday we plan to return

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jeanine F,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city and for your recommendation. I am delighted you found the service outstanding and that you enjoyed the extensive range on offer for breakfast.

Jeanine F, when your travels bring you to Dublin again, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Fitzwilliam.

Woburn Sands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Would not say there was anything particular good or bad about the Fitzwilliam. It was just pretty averagely nice! Staff friendly, rooms clean, breakfast ok. I had a problem with the shower temperature which was a tad annoying - mentioned it to the check out staff who were very understanding.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear randj06,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am pleased to read you found the team friendly, rooms clean and that you enjoyed your breakfast.

I am sorry that you had a difficulty with your shower temperature and I thank you for informing us of that matter, so that we could immediately resolve it.

randj06, should you travels bring you to Dublin again, we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Diemtigen
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was three days / three nights in this hotel. First the positive aspectes: I have rarely encountered such friendly, helpful staff at the concierge desk or at the front desk of a hotel. The people there deserve an Oscar. The room was large and spacious, the bathroom as well. The central situation of the hotel may also be mentioned on the positive side.
Unfortunately, I cannot say same for the infrastructure. I did not get the quiet room with "panoramic views of the courtyard" as ordered and promised. Despite the thick double-window the noise of the street musicians could be heard. As a bonus, I could hear all night an irritating sound that I believed to come from the engine room next to it. The breakfast buffet is approximately equal to that in a three, maximum four-star hotel. The TV probably came from the nineties, foreign language programs unavailable. Unfortunately, I also had bad luck with the free Wi-Fi offered: it worked simply not in spite of the amiable and energetic help of the staff from the concierge desk and the reception. The Gym consists of three units, one of which did not work, and a pair of dumbbells. Reading at night in bed was impossible; the lamps spread an extremely dim light. Under these conditions no longer disturbed the rather uncomfortable seating.

Room Tip: If you cannot stand the coulour purple, book elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear meisen45,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted to read you have rarely encountered such a friendly and helpful Reception or Concierge team.

I was equally pleased to read you enjoyed the spaciousness of your room and bathroom.

I am sorry that you did not receive a courtyard room as requested; I cannot determine from the review whether or not you made any of the team aware; as they would have immediately moved you to a courtyard garden room.

I have noted the comments regarding breakfast, tv and wifi, fitness room and lighting levels in the room. It is not clear from your feedback, whether or not you alerted any of the team to your need for stronger lighting - as they would have immediately provided you with an additional lamp.

meisen45, I trust your onward journey was a safe one and we thank you for your feedback.