3,173 results
All reviewsgrafton streetcitron restaurantgreat locationst stephensconcierge staffstephen's greenfive star hotelturn down serviceexcellent hotelmini barcentral locationhotel bartrinity collegeirelandpatrickdoormanpubs
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Excellent in almost every respect. The porter knowing that our feet were killing us as we walked up Grafton street to the hotel very kindly walked to meet us to collect our suitcases …. how good is that??
Reception staff were amazing and unbelievably helpful.
We couldn't believe how quiet the hotel was for a central city centre hotel ….
The room service was excellent and very quick ..
The complimentary newspaper was much appreciated as were the apples in the corridors (useful when skipping breakfast)
The only down side was the poor quality hair dryer in the bedroom but was IMMEDIATELY replaced for a better powered one when we phoned down and the lighting was poor quality which because of the hotel being eco friendly didnt give out much light.
All in all I would highly recommend this fantastic contemporary hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Aisling O,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city and for your wonderful recommendation.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the quietness of the rooms and the complimentary amenities, from newspapers to apples!

We are constantly reviewing the new energy saving lighting options available and have noted your feedback regarding in-room lighting.

I am delighted to read the team took such good care of you and your friends and that you found them unbelievably helpful. I have passed your glowing feedback on to everyone and in particular the Concierge and Reception teams, as such feedback makes everyone's day.

Aisling O, when your travels next bring you to Dublin, we would look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Fitzwilliam!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

You can't beat the location of this hotel. It's right across the street from St. Steven's Green which is an amazing park. It's very close to Trinity College, Grafton Street, etc. The rooms were small but comfortable. The staff was great...they went out of their way to help us find places to eat and recommended some really charming pubs. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HeidiLoo

Dear HeidiLoo,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city and for your recommendation.

Our location certainly makes it very easy to explore all that the city has to offer. St. Stephen's Green is particularly wonderful at this time of year and it is great you had an opportunity to visit it.

We have several room type and sizes available, so when you are next planning a trip to Dublin please contact us directly and we would be delighted to go through the various options with you.

I am really pleased that the team went out of their way to assist you in recommendations for restaurants and pubs. I have passed you kind comments on to everyone as such feedback makes everyone's day.

HeidiLoo, when your travels next bring you to Dublin, we would look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Fitzwilliam!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

After traveling around Ireland all week by car, I decided to pick a luxury hotel for two nights in Dublin, no matter the cost. In other words, my goal was to splurge and not to look for a good bargain. Our suite was wonderful and very comfortable. The bath tub was huge. Sometimes it was hard to pull ourselves away because we just wanted to relax in our room. The hotel is in a great location and the staff was very helpful to a couple of neophytes. I felt safe and new we could find someone to help us if we ever had questions or needed advice. Our room was spacious but there was not view to speak of. I was able to ditch the rental car early and take a taxi to the airport.

Room Tip: Our suite had ample room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear GribblyS,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your last days in Ireland so much and that you felt you could ditch the rental car early and explore Dublin without it!

It is great that you found the team so helpful and that there was always someone available to assist you with your queries; I have passed you kind comments on to the team as such feedback makes everyone's day.

Gribbly S, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to welcome both of you back to the Fitzwilliam!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Starting with the positive - the location was simply amazing. Right in the heart of Dublin, walking distance to all the great places to visit. However, this is not a hotel I would stay at again. Nothing was terrible, but everything was less than satisfactory - the room was nice but small, the bathroom was clean but the faucet leaked, the in-room hot beverage was instant coffee and cheap teabags (beautiful cups and teapot, though), and the minibar malfunctioned. The worst part of the experience was being charged 10 Euros for one local phone call, which the check-out staff wasn't able to resolve. If this were a budget hotel, I would not have complained, but it was definitely not worth the luxury hotel rate we paid for.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yvonne L
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Yvonne L,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and thought your room was nice.

We have a number of different room categories and sizes; it is not immediately clear from the review which room type you reserved. I can only assume it was an entry level room, which would not have the same floor space as higher category rooms.

The in-room tea coffee facility is complimentary and should any guest prefer a loose leaf tea or freshly brewed coffee, we are only too delighted to deliver it to the room.

I regret that the faucet was leaking in your room as all rooms are inspected on a daily basis to ensure they are fault free. I have also noted your feedback regarding your telephone call. Should you wish to discuss your review in more detail, please contact me directly at the hotel and I shall be delighted to take your call.

Yvonne L, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel right beside the main shopping area in Dublin (Grafton St. etc.) and also many attractions. Staff really friendly and helpful. Lovely atmosphere in the lobby. Room was not as spacious as I would have thought but plenty for 2 people. I liked the seated area beside the window. Bathroom lovely and clean though I noticed quite a bad crack in a tile which took away from the presentation. Didn't have breakfast included which was fine since there are many beautiful places for breakfast nearby. Parking facilities and price was superb. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Alpini,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

I am delighted you found the team friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed the comfort and décor of the hotel.

Our on-site car park does provide excellent value for anyone arriving to the hotel by car and I am pleased that you availed of that facility.

Alpini, when your travels bring you to Dublin again, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Fitzwilliam.