3,232 results
All reviews grafton street citron restaurant great location st stephens concierge staff stephen's green five star hotel turn down service excellent hotel mini bar central location hotel bar trinity college ireland patrick doorman pubs
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Had we paid half what we did I would probably have given the Fitzwilliam Hotel 5 stars but it is horrendously expensive for what we got. The location couldn't be better and we enjoyed our stay but for that price expected so much more. The room was small and the decor definitely not my taste (in fact I can't imagine it would be anyone's taste) and although the bed was very comfortable and the bedlinen quite sumptuous it was just a normal sized double bed - not acceptable in a five star hotel. The air conditioning didn't work and the bathroom flooded, both of which problems were fixed as soon as we reported them but surely someone should check these things before rooms are allocated. I was only able to find two power points in the room which was very inconvenient. The staff couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful and they do deserve 5 stars.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear SerenaaLondon,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the location and your stay at the hotel. I regret that the décor did not meet your personal taste.

We have several room types and sizes available and it is not clear from the review which room type you reserved. In tandem with the variety of room sizes available, we have a selection of queen and king sized beds. I am sorry that you experienced a couple of maintenance issues. Our team check rooms daily, prior to guest arrival; however occasionally faults can occur post inspection. In such circumstances our maintenance team is on hand to immediately rectify any fault that arises. We have a minimum of four available sockets in every guest bedroom and I regret that you could not locate them.

SerenaaLondon, I am delighted that you found the team very pleasant and helpful and I have passed your kind comments on to everyone. Should your travels bring you to Dublin we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

good, very central location with well appointed and stylish rooms. the bathrooms are particularly good. the hotel's greatest asset bar the above is it's staff. across the board they were superb - particular note of Viktor, one of the concierge team.
my only complaint was the breakfast - we went to this hotel having had two great visits to the Belfast version. in this latter Dublin instance, the vegetarian breakfast option had vanished and an additional payment was required for certain dishes. some of the ingredients also looked less than premium, and at odds with the premium price paid. if you want breakfast however it may be cheaper to purchase at check in rather than in advance - double check.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear hezz40,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really pleased to read you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and the comfort and facilities of the bedrooms and bathrooms.

I am delighted that you believe our greatest asset is the team that works here; I have passed your kind comments on to all the team and in particular Viktor.

I am sorry that our breakfast did not live up to your expectations. We have numerous vegetarian options available for breakfast and I regret that this was not clearly explained to you. In terms of value for money, it is always more competitive to purchase a bed & breakfast rate in advance of arrival, than pay separately for breakfast.

Hezz40, when your travels next bring you to Dublin we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights during a holiday in Dublin. The hotel is good; the location is excellent rooms are very nice though (the deluxe rooms which are more expensive) are quit they small so I can't imagine the size of the standard rooms. Service are good and friendly. The air-con, if you have to use it, and we had to due to the warm weather is very noisy and disturbing as it blows the air directly on the bed. This was the main disadvantage of the room and of the say.

Room Tip: don't stay there during warm weather. the air-con is a trouble

Dear RaniM59,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really pleased to read you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and found the rooms nice. I am sorry that the air-conditioning did not meet you needs in terms of position and noise. We have several room types and layouts available and we would be delighted to discuss the various options with you.

RaniM59, when your travels next bring you to Dublin we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

It is very rare in this day and age to walk in a Hotel you stayed at one time and be received like family. This Hotel not only cares about the details of making a stay comfortable with great beds , perfect location, and beautiful design, they are focused on the core value that most of us seek when traveling which is the human kindness experience. My daughter goes to College in Dublin and when traveling there she meets me at the Hotel. I found her embraced in a conversation with the concierge who help plan our time together with thoughtful restaurant choices for her to enjoy as a student as well as those restaurants to enjoy with me while visiting . I had not stayed at this Hotel since October of last year but was greeted by name by all those who work there. Followed by, "How is your daughter enjoying school here?" Well, we had drinks in their lovely bar after a wonderful dinner that they recommended at Il Volete in Temple bar , and we love the little coffee bar next door called the bald barista where the cashier gave my daughter a gift card for her birthday. I missed my wake up call on my departure day and they sent someone up to knock on my door to make sure I was up. The details of the room are great , comfortable sheets , nice showers . I had brunch on Sunday at the Hotel and the design of the mezzanine dining area is beautiful with perfect attention to the guests dining . I can not say enough about how welcoming and nice this Hotel is. Highly recommend it. One small detail is that the bathroom shower is in a very comfortable bathtub that I would not suggest for someone like my parents(83 years old) as the depth could present a relatively high slip risk for someone . Outside of this...perfect!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Alfiebakery,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your most recent visit and for your recommendation. I hope your daughter has completed her exams and that she is enjoying the summer. I am really delighted that you and your daughter feel so welcome and at home in the hotel - that is the sole aim of all the team working here.

I have taken the liberty of passing your kind comments on to everyone, as such warm and kind feedback makes everyone's day!

Alfiebakery, when your travels bring you back to Dublin, or indeed your daughter's college term re-commences, we look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We booked the Fitzwilliam Hotel in Dublin due to its location and as we had stayed in Belfast Fitzwilliam Hotel and had loved their breakfast options. We were escorted to our room by the gentleman at reception but at the rip old age of 40 I believe my husband and I could have made the trip alone! But my biggest grievance would be breakfast -€22 5star hotel - so once I order scrambled eggs I expect to have the chief crack the eggs on receiving the order - but no I believe these eggs were cook earlier that morning - my husband also ordered porridge and a full irish - they both came together -he had ordered a poached egg but it came hard - obviously made at the same time as my eggs!!! I also ordered French toast which had a €5 supplement - is this additional cost due to it being made fresh! The hotel is comfortable but really nothing special but the food really let it down - more of a 3star!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Deirdre W,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Our standard is to show all our guests to their room and explain the in room facilities, regardless of age; however if a guest does not wish to avail of this service they are more welcome to decline the offer.

All eggs are cooked to order and I apologise that the quality of the dishes ordered did not live up to your or my expectations. The feedback regarding timing of food delivery to the table has been noted and addressed.

Deirdre W, when your travels next bring you to Dublin, we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome both of you back to the Fitzwilliam.