3,173 results
All reviewsgrafton streetcitron restaurantgreat locationst stephensconcierge staffstephen's greenfive star hotelturn down serviceexcellent hotelmini barcentral locationhotel bartrinity collegeirelandpatrickdoormanpubs
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just had a lovely three night stay and have to say that we were treated exceptionally well. The person who checked us in actually took us to our room and was most helpful showing us how everything worked. Location was excellent within walking distance of many good restaurants and the theatre. We would definitely return to this hotel when we're back in Dublin.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Lorraine S,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city and for your recommendation.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your three -night break so much and that you found the team most helpful. I have passed your kind comments on to all the team and in particular reception, as such feedback makes everyone's day.

Lorraine S, we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to The Fitzwilliam in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We usually have a pre dinner cocktail here and last night was no exception. Thankfully Peter was on duty as both himself and Alex make superb cocktails! They both provide excellent customer service and are truly excellent at their job! I usually opt for a Patron Margarita and my husband has a half and half manhattan on the rocks, no simple syrup or cheep booze here, pure alcohol. Totally recommend it for drinks!

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Molly11Dec

Dear Valhalla7273,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review Inn on the Green, following your most recent visit to the hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your pre-dinner cocktails; Peter and Alex certainly know how to make a good cocktail and they are always creating new ones. I have passed your kind comments on to both as such feedback makes everyone's day!

Valhalla7273, on behalf of all the team and in particular the bar team, we look forward to welcoming both of you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Had we paid half what we did I would probably have given the Fitzwilliam Hotel 5 stars but it is horrendously expensive for what we got. The location couldn't be better and we enjoyed our stay but for that price expected so much more. The room was small and the decor definitely not my taste (in fact I can't imagine it would be anyone's taste) and although the bed was very comfortable and the bedlinen quite sumptuous it was just a normal sized double bed - not acceptable in a five star hotel. The air conditioning didn't work and the bathroom flooded, both of which problems were fixed as soon as we reported them but surely someone should check these things before rooms are allocated. I was only able to find two power points in the room which was very inconvenient. The staff couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful and they do deserve 5 stars.

Dear SerenaaLondon,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the location and your stay at the hotel. I regret that the décor did not meet your personal taste.

We have several room types and sizes available and it is not clear from the review which room type you reserved. In tandem with the variety of room sizes available, we have a selection of queen and king sized beds. I am sorry that you experienced a couple of maintenance issues. Our team check rooms daily, prior to guest arrival; however occasionally faults can occur post inspection. In such circumstances our maintenance team is on hand to immediately rectify any fault that arises. We have a minimum of four available sockets in every guest bedroom and I regret that you could not locate them.

SerenaaLondon, I am delighted that you found the team very pleasant and helpful and I have passed your kind comments on to everyone. Should your travels bring you to Dublin we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

good, very central location with well appointed and stylish rooms. the bathrooms are particularly good. the hotel's greatest asset bar the above is it's staff. across the board they were superb - particular note of Viktor, one of the concierge team.
my only complaint was the breakfast - we went to this hotel having had two great visits to the Belfast version. in this latter Dublin instance, the vegetarian breakfast option had vanished and an additional payment was required for certain dishes. some of the ingredients also looked less than premium, and at odds with the premium price paid. if you want breakfast however it may be cheaper to purchase at check in rather than in advance - double check.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear hezz40,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really pleased to read you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and the comfort and facilities of the bedrooms and bathrooms.

I am delighted that you believe our greatest asset is the team that works here; I have passed your kind comments on to all the team and in particular Viktor.

I am sorry that our breakfast did not live up to your expectations. We have numerous vegetarian options available for breakfast and I regret that this was not clearly explained to you. In terms of value for money, it is always more competitive to purchase a bed & breakfast rate in advance of arrival, than pay separately for breakfast.

Hezz40, when your travels next bring you to Dublin we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights during a holiday in Dublin. The hotel is good; the location is excellent rooms are very nice though (the deluxe rooms which are more expensive) are quit they small so I can't imagine the size of the standard rooms. Service are good and friendly. The air-con, if you have to use it, and we had to due to the warm weather is very noisy and disturbing as it blows the air directly on the bed. This was the main disadvantage of the room and of the say.

Room Tip: don't stay there during warm weather. the air-con is a trouble

Dear RaniM59,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really pleased to read you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and found the rooms nice. I am sorry that the air-conditioning did not meet you needs in terms of position and noise. We have several room types and layouts available and we would be delighted to discuss the various options with you.

RaniM59, when your travels next bring you to Dublin we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.