“A tired, noisy room in great location”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #16 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I heard many good things but finding ourselves in a small room on the 6th floor , which has no lift access, made me feel like a second class customer. The furniture needs updating and having curtains that fit would be good. Decisive reception staff who know the locality would help. Overall a disappointment for the money

• Stayed: June 2014
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Jobojek,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to Dublin. I regret that your stay did not live up to your expectations. Our 6th floor is a semi-private floor and hence the access via a short staircase; our intention would never be to make any guest feel like a second class customer.

I have noted your feedback regarding the furniture and curtains. I would greatly appreciate more detail on "decisive reception staff", so that I can effectively address your comments. If you could contact me directly at the hotel, I would greatly appreciate it.

Jobojek, I look forward to hearing from you.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,829)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is my second trip to Dublin, and the second hotel I have stayed in -- and it will be the ONLY hotel I choose in the future. Quality of the hotel, rooms, food, wireless, and service are all top notch. However, I cannot overemphasize the excellent and friendly service we received from all employees which was outstanding and sometimes unexpected! A doorman even asked to take our garbage for us as we were entering the hotel one day after touring! Every server in the restaurant and room service was friendly, and we especially loved the superb helpfulness and friendliness from the concierges. We did have a question about were to get water as the hotel does not provide an in-house store to buy water or incidentals; however, a bottle of free water is available every day and hotel is close to many other shops and venues. Speaking of location -- we were especially pleased with how close we were to many of the sights and how it was not on a busy congested traffic street. I rate the hotel 5 stars and would come back tomorrow if I could!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Teacher7-Sue,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to Dublin and for your recommendation. I am really pleased to read you enjoyed the quality of the hotel, rooms and service.

I am delighted that you found the service friendly, excellent and unexpected! I have passed your kind feedback on to all the team and in particular the concierge team, as such feedback makes everyone's day.

Teracher7-Sue, we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to The Fitzwilliam in the very near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had a meal last week at the Citron Restaurant. It was the first day of the summer menu. We had been here before, so we had high expectations. It definitely did not disappoint. It was obvious that a lot of work had gone into each of the dishes...
Crab for starter, Duck for mains and Chocolate pannacotta for dessert.
Each one was really delicious and a lovely combination of tastes and flavours. The staff were efficient and friendly. If you manage to get one of the vouchers that come online now and again , you will get excellent value for money. An excellent meal !!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moloney_liz
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Ms Moloney

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review Citron following your recent visit to the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal and our new summer menu. I was equally pleased to read you found the restaurant team friendly and efficient. I have passed your kind comments on to the restaurant and kitchen teams, as such feedback makes everyone's day!

Ms Moloney, we look forward to welcoming you back to Citron in the very near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here on business, really elegant Hotel. Rooms are well equipped for a business traveler & spacious considering city location. Hotel is very well positioned / located. Food was good although breakfast was very 'basic' and for the price & 5 star rating you would expect a bit more

Only grumble was trying to check out , long ques , 2 desk clerks and staff milling around rtaher than helping customers pay & get going

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Richard G,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted you enjoyed the spaciousness of the room and the location of the hotel. I regret that the breakfast offering did not meet your expectations; we have a full cold buffet and an a la carte hot breakfast menu. We constantly review our menus and all suggestions are most welcome.

We provide an express check-out facility for all guests and in particular our business travellers; this eliminates any queuing at peak times for guests wishing to depart quickly. I am sorry that, on this occasion, your departure was delayed.

Richard G, when your travels next bring you to Dublin we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just had a lovely three night stay and have to say that we were treated exceptionally well. The person who checked us in actually took us to our room and was most helpful showing us how everything worked. Location was excellent within walking distance of many good restaurants and the theatre. We would definitely return to this hotel when we're back in Dublin.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Lorraine S,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city and for your recommendation.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your three -night break so much and that you found the team most helpful. I have passed your kind comments on to all the team and in particular reception, as such feedback makes everyone's day.

Lorraine S, we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to The Fitzwilliam in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We usually have a pre dinner cocktail here and last night was no exception. Thankfully Peter was on duty as both himself and Alex make superb cocktails! They both provide excellent customer service and are truly excellent at their job! I usually opt for a Patron Margarita and my husband has a half and half manhattan on the rocks, no simple syrup or cheep booze here, pure alcohol. Totally recommend it for drinks!

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Molly11Dec

Dear Valhalla7273,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review Inn on the Green, following your most recent visit to the hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your pre-dinner cocktails; Peter and Alex certainly know how to make a good cocktail and they are always creating new ones. I have passed your kind comments on to both as such feedback makes everyone's day!

Valhalla7273, on behalf of all the team and in particular the bar team, we look forward to welcoming both of you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Had we paid half what we did I would probably have given the Fitzwilliam Hotel 5 stars but it is horrendously expensive for what we got. The location couldn't be better and we enjoyed our stay but for that price expected so much more. The room was small and the decor definitely not my taste (in fact I can't imagine it would be anyone's taste) and although the bed was very comfortable and the bedlinen quite sumptuous it was just a normal sized double bed - not acceptable in a five star hotel. The air conditioning didn't work and the bathroom flooded, both of which problems were fixed as soon as we reported them but surely someone should check these things before rooms are allocated. I was only able to find two power points in the room which was very inconvenient. The staff couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful and they do deserve 5 stars.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SerenaaLondon,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the location and your stay at the hotel. I regret that the décor did not meet your personal taste.

We have several room types and sizes available and it is not clear from the review which room type you reserved. In tandem with the variety of room sizes available, we have a selection of queen and king sized beds. I am sorry that you experienced a couple of maintenance issues. Our team check rooms daily, prior to guest arrival; however occasionally faults can occur post inspection. In such circumstances our maintenance team is on hand to immediately rectify any fault that arises. We have a minimum of four available sockets in every guest bedroom and I regret that you could not locate them.

SerenaaLondon, I am delighted that you found the team very pleasant and helpful and I have passed your kind comments on to everyone. Should your travels bring you to Dublin we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.