Whilst the hotel room experience is very good - there are some very dissatisfying and disappointing elements that will stay with me, and outshine the quality of service and general amenities.
4 things annoyed me:
1. When I arrived into my room - I needed to borrow a charger for my iPhone - and whilst the concierge handled everything perfectly - there was no way I could keep my phone with me (very frustrating - as I was expecting a call which I need to take) - and therefore I had to leave my phone downstairs with the desk. I would suggest the hotel take some time to (a) increase budget on purchasing more phone charges in case of emergency for guests or (b) change the process on the limited amount they have - whereby a guest could leave €20 with the desk whilst they re-charge their phone for 30 minutes.
2. Breakfast was very disappointing. It looked good from afar - but turned out that everything was overcooked and dry
3. Upon check out (only!) I was advised via my bill that there was a €10 charge for parking my car in the hotel car park! I have never heard of this in my entire life - especially for a hotel who claims to have a high level of service. Not only that - but upon departure... it turns out that the overnight charge to the public is LESS THAN €10.
4. And the final gripe I would have unfortunately is that there is NO area in the hotel where smokers can enjoy their cigarette/cigar except for direction outside the entrance of the hotel - which is a very busy thoroughfare - and requires long trips from your hotel room, into the lift and through the lobby to undertake.
Outside of those items - the quality of the amenities and the service from staff was very good - but when paying a high price for a stay - that should be standard. The other items are what I am left putting me off staying in the Fitzwilliam again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fitzwilliam Hotel, Dublin’s most luxurious design hotel is located in the heart of the city. Experience the best of both worlds when staying at this chic haven, to one side the tranquility and calm of St Stephen’s Green and to the other, Grafton Street, Dublin’s finest shopping avenue.From its central location, in amongst this buzzing vibrant city it is an easy stroll to explore the leading cultural, historical and leisure attractions. Or just step out to the chic shopping, high energy bars, fine dining restaurants and chattering Cafes ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.