“Outstanding Service”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #16 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 24 July 2014

great location in the middle of the city within minutes to the busy streets but away from the noisy parts (if one wants to be) & the service of the hotel staff could not be better. we had a fantastic weekend in Dublin & thanks to the Concierge team one of the best dinners in years! looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Hirohito I
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Hirohito I,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your visit to the city and for your recommendation. I am delighted you had a fantastic weekend and that the service you received could not have been better.

I am so pleased tor read you had one of the best dinners in years, following a recommendation from the Concierge team! I have passed your kind comments on to them.

Hirohito I, when your travels bring you to Dublin again, we look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,825)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a very nice and extremely beautiful hotel and the location can’t be beat. I took the bus from Dublin Airport, and I got of at Trinity College. It was about a ten-minute walk down Grafton Street south towards St. Stephen’s Square, and because it was a nice day everyone was out on the streets. I passed many shops and restaurants along the way, so I knew I had places to go that were nearby.

The lobby of the hotel is beautiful. There was a nice roaring fire with comfortable couches in the front, the concierge desk by the elevators, and the front desk back by the bar. The hotel staff was extremely friendly. The doormen always smiled and said hello when I walked in and out of the hotel, and the front desk staff always went above and beyond. I asked for dinner recommendations for later that night, and they were able to get us one at a very nice restaurant at a reasonable time.

The rooms are decorated very nicely. We had a nice view of St. Stephen’s Square with large windows. There were purple accents everywhere, which made the room modern, yet classic. The bed was comfortable, there was a small sitting area next to the desk, there was music playing when we walked in, and the bathroom had a green tub in it. My only complaint is that the shower was a bit small to move around, but the toiletries were amazing.

We had drinks at the bar before dinnertime, and the bartender was very friendly. Of course we had beers, but there were a lot to choose from. Later on in the evening, around 1:00AM, the bar was still open, even though there were two other people there. He gladly served us and chatted. We decided to move by the fireplaces and sit on the couches by the fire, which was very comfortable. It was a bit annoying that the front doors were locked and the only way to get in was to ring the doorbell. But at least we know the place is secure.

Overall, the hotel had a friendly staff and great location. We definitely recommend staying here during your next trip to Dublin.

1  Thank BoysInNY

Dear BoyslnNY,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your visit to the city and for your recommendation. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Our central location certainly makes exploring all that the city has to offer exceptionally easy. I was equally pleased to read you enjoyed the comfort and décor of your room overlooking St. Stephen's Green.

It is great to read you found the team extremely friendly and attentive. I am delighted that you enjoyed the bar tending service you received before and after dinner. I have passed your kind comments on to all the team, in particular the Reception and Concierge teams, as such feedback makes everyone's day.

The safety and security of all our guests is of the utmost importance to us and accordingly we lock our front doors at night to ensure only hotel guests enter the hotel. Thank you for appreciating and understanding this measure.

BoyslnNY, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we look forward to welcoming both of you and your friends back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Rooms are decent & comfortable. Nice as long as you don't look too close. If you do happen to look close, you will notice shoddy workmanship. As if the contractor got tired 3/4 of the way through installing the ___________ and just slapped the rest together as quickly as possible. I noticed this a lot in Dublin, so maybe that's just the norm. Wifi is spotty, at least in the back of the hotel. Our view was a small garden area and offices across from us, the occupants of which could see into our room.

If you can afford it, and don't mind street noise, I would strongly recommend a room facing St. Stephen's Green. The park and street are bustling with activity and would make for excellent people watching from your room.

Room Tip: If you want quiet seclusion and don't mind having no view, get a room in the back. I wish I coul...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear PushWallace,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your visit to the city in May. I am pleased to note that you found the rooms decent and comfortable. I am sorry if the workmanship did not meet your expectations and would appreciate more specific detail so that we can fully address your feedback.

Our wifi is provided by a 3rd party and on the rare occasion that a guest encounters any difficulty logging in etc., our service provider is available to resolve the matter.

Our bedrooms overlook St. Stephen's Green or our courtyard garden. The offices that are located on the opposite side of the courtyard garden, are designed in such a manner that the occupants of same cannot see into guest bedrooms; I apologise that this was not made sufficiently clear to you.

PushWallace, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we would welcome the opportunity to welcome you and your friends back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here while in Dublin and found the location to be excellent, a very short walk to Grafton Street. All staff were courteous and friendly and the rooms were excellent. Car parking was extra though we were able to leave the car in the space late into the next day which was much appreciated.

I normally like to read the paper and lounge in the lobby or bar area but found them to be without atmosphere and the bar area was quite dark, even during the day.

We did enjoy our stay however.

1  Thank Shane M

Dear Mullanproperty_N...

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really pleased you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and its' proximity to Grafton street.

I am sorry that the bar and lobby areas did not meet your preference on atmosphere and that the bar did not meet your lighting expectations.

It is wonderful that you found the team courteous and friendly and I have passed you kind comments on to the team as such feedback makes everyone's day.

Mullanproperty_N..., when your travels next bring you to Dublin we would welcome the opportunity to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife & I were in Ireland for 12 days, & stayed in 5 different hotels. The Fitzwilliam was the last place we stayed in on our final night in Ireland. From the time we pulled up in our rental car, we were warmly greeted by a doorman who helped me relax after our harrowing drive from Waterford! The check in process was easy, & our room, 526 was wonderful: modern furnishings, comfortable bed, clean bathroom, & a nice view of the back courtyard which also faced an office building which was pretty cool architecturally. The hotel location is just excellent, as straight out the front door is St. Stephens Green, & if you go left out of the hotel, you hit Grafton Street with all the shops, restaurants, street performers, & so on. Also, if you walk on Grafton St, you are minutes away from Trinity College, Temple Bar, etc. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, & would w/o a doubt book here when we return to Dublin. We recommend it!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear LanD315,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really delighted that you loved the accommodation, location and service you received from the team.

LanD315, I have passed your kind comments on to all the team, as such feedback makes everyone's day! Should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Fantastic hotel..Could not get anythink better. Rooms out of this world....Staff more than helpfull. In great location, close to the most wonderfull bars. Would recommend to all. Will definitely vist this hotel again. Just love Dublin......

1  Thank 884Julie1165

Dear 884Julie1165,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really pleased to read you enjoyed your stay so much. Our location makes it very easy to explore all that the city has to offer.

I am delighted that you found the service friendly, efficient and professional; I have passed your kind comments on to all the team as such feedback makes everyone's day!

884Julie1165, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you both back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

From the moment we arrived till the moment we left we had first class treatment. The lovely lady who showed us to our room gave us complimentary cocktails as it was our anniversary. Room service was unbelievably fast. The service in the bar was of a high standard and the food we had in the bar was very tasty. Our car was looked after so there was no worry of having to pay a high price for parking in Dublin.
When we arrived back to our hotel that night, there was an Easter egg on our bed along with 2 chocolates and a note wishes us a "Happy Easter" from all at the Fitzwilliam hotel. We had a very pleasant experience that was created by the efficient staff.
We would recommend the Fitzwilliam Hotel to anyone who is visiting Dublin.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Ejane27,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am really delighted that you found the service you received so friendly and efficient.

Ejane27, I have passed your kind comments on to all the team, as such feedback makes everyone's day! Should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Fitzwilliam.