Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
2,972 results
All reviewsgrafton streetcitron restaurantgreat locationst stephensconcierge stafffive star hotelstephen's greenturn down serviceexcellent hotelmini barcentral locationhotel bartrinity collegethorntonsirelandpatrickdoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Nice hotel in a great location. Staff across the board provided excellent service and attention. Being in a new city for a short time the concierge desk could not have been more helpful in providing information and making arrangements.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Peter V,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. It is great to read you enjoyed the central location of the hotel.

I am delighted that all the staff you encountered provided excellent service and attention, in particular the concierge team. I have passed you kind comments on to everyone, as such positive feedback makes all our efforts so worthwhile.

Peter V, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

What a great way to start and finish our vacation in beautiful Ireland. After literally driving the wild atlantic we came back tired yet looking forward "to coming home", Joanna at the reception remembered us from our first day of our vacation- her warmth and help was just fantastic! The hotel rooms AND bathrooms are stylish with a zest in them that makes even the wet weather outside insignificant. The hotel is so centrally located we just had the best time jumping in and out of the city.
This is the place to be if you are staying in Dublin.. Great job !

Room Tip: we had rooms facing a courtyard and they were great.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Brendann20,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your most recent visit to the city and for your recommendation. I am so delighted that you felt we were your "home from home" ; that is the highest compliment we could wish for. It is great you had a warm welcome back from Joanna. I have passed you kind comments on to all the team ,as such positive feedback makes all our efforts so worthwhile.

Brendann20, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed 3 nights and enjoyed our stay very much. The staff was very friendly, especially the concierges. They made us two "ladies" feel welcome and cared for!
The room was very nice, and clean, with comfortable beds and a very nice bathroom. The restaurant had very good food and the waiters were friendly and polite.
The hotel is ideally located for a stay in the city. I can recomend it for anyone staying in Dublin.

Dear Magdalena N,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city and for your recommendation. I am delighted that both of you felt welcome and cared for - that is our goal for every guest staying with us.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed the comfort and facilities of your room and bathroom and that you enjoyed the food in the restaurant. I have passed your kind comments on to all the team, as such feedback makes everyone's efforts so worthwhile.

Magdalena N, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

After a wonderful several days on the West Coast in another 5-star hotel, we found this hotel to be well located and pretty. However, we were disappointed in the service from our first encounter at the front desk to our last meal at their restaurant, Thornton's. The woman at the front desk was robotic and didn't smile once even as she showed us to our room. It was more like showing up for the first day of school than checking into a nice hotel. Then in the first few hours that we were in our room, we had three phone calls and several knocks on our door as we tried to sleep. We were informed that our reservation came with tea - but they could only accommodate us later than what we could do, so we missed that. Our room had a broken hot water faucet, which would not turn off and was starting to overflow, I called the front desk and the woman didn't know what I was talking about because she didn't know the word for "faucet." Her solution was to have service call me back. Not exactly able to deal with urgent situations. When we went down for breakfast, all the open tables for two needed to be bussed, so this guy's solution was to show us to a round table for six. Again, not a good problem solver. Even the waiter at their famous restaurant, Thornton's was stiff and undertrained. When I asked for his opinions on two desserts, he said to me, "Well, what are you in the mood for?? I don't want to tell you what to get." What is this? A teenager working at a chain restaurant or an upscale restaurant in an upscale hotel? All to say, we were not impressed with the service during our stay here.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunflowers445

Dear Sunflowers445,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations, or indeed mine. Friendly and helpful service is one of the cornerstones which The Fitzwilliam is renowned for; this is why I truly regret that this was not your experience.

I appreciate that you spent time with the manager on duty, prior to departure, to feedback in detail. Should you wish to discuss the matter further, I would be delighted to speak with you. I can be reached directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The Fitzwilliam Hotel was part of a package we booked with Costco and we are so happy we chose the hotel over the other options. The hotel was absolutely beautiful and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a beautiful room that looked out to the main street. The location was wonderful and close to everything we needed. Very easy to get around. We booked the hop on hop off bus tour online before going to Dublin, next time we would just wait and do it from hotel. The concierge (along withers of staff) were very helpful. We got an excellent recommendation for dinner the first night and then they were always willing to help with other questions we had. We wanted to do the Guinness tour and the concierge did that for us at the hotel and printed out our tickets. The breakfast at hotel was great. The presentation was super nice. Breakfast consisted of the usual hot and cold items, eggs, Danish, fruit, juices, coffees, tea, juices, cereals, etc. You could get omelets as well along with bacon, sausage and other meats. The morning we left was prior to breakfast and they packed us to go bags with fruit, Danish and water. Nice touch! The hotel is close to all the shopping area--perfect location! I would recommend this to anyone visiting Dublin.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear MVBonilla,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city and for your wonderful recommendation. We are so pleased you chose to say with us and that you enjoyed your stay so much.

Our location certainly makes exploring all that the city has to offer exceptionally easy and I am pleased to read you enjoyed our central location.

We believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it is great that you enjoyed the range and quality of items available.

I am delighted you found the team very friendly and helpful, in particular the Concierge team. I have passed your kind comments on to everyone, as such feedback makes everyone's efforts so worthwhile.

MVBonilla, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Fitzwilliam.