“The only hotel I will ever stay at in Dublin”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #15 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Scotland
“The only hotel I will ever stay at in Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2010

7 couples arrived at The Fitzwilliam , for the first time, for a 2-night stay. We were all absolutely delighted with our trendy, clean and quiet rooms. A turndown service with chocolates was provided and the towels were always fresh. Lovely green apples provided on each floor. We ate in the Citron Restaurant at night and the food and service were excellent. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and our stay was really enjoyable. They also have a very good hairdressing facility which we used. I have stayed in a few different hotels in Dublin but would definitely use this one the next time I go. Perfectly positioned for all attractions and transport. We were delayed for one night because of the ash cloud and were told to stay in the same rooms for an extra night. When we couldn't find out the next day whether we were flying out they extended our checking out time until we were sorted. This was a fine example of a hotel and staff who actually cared about their customers. Very well done Fitzwilliam.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ginger005

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Turkish first
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

This hotel is in the nicest part of Dublin and is right in the middle of all the great shops, pubs and restaurants. It can seem a little pricey but when you stay there you see the value for money. Its great as a one or two night place to spoil yourself and unwind.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

My husband and the two other couples we were traveling with loved the Fitzwilliam. We really could not find one thing that we didn't like about this hotel. Everything was great!

Location: It is a one minute walk to Grafton Street (good shopping and pubs) and is across the street from a lovely park.

Service: Amazing...so helpful from arrival to depature. The rooms were clean and very spacious for Europe.

I always like to stay at different hotels but I can honestly say that if I ever go back to Dublin again I will definitely be staying at the Fitzwilliam.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

This hotel has everything you could hope for in a luxury hotel - location, ambience, friendliness of staff, beautiful and clean accommodations, amazing food. We had a once in a lifetime experience dining at Thorntons. Expensive yes. Worth it...Breakfast was included in the room rate and it was superb. Alone it would have been worth 25 to 30 Euros. Best deal in town. There is nothing stuffy about the hotel even though it is 5 star. It's fun and lively and bright. You can't beat the location. It is not inexpensive but worth every penny. I can't wait to return...This will be my permanent Dublin hotel if they will have me....American tourist.

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2010

From the minute the front door was opened for us by the Concierge, we were treated like VIP's. Even the receptionist took us to our room. The room was absolutely fantastic and always clean. Turn down service each evening was great. If we needed ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING, all we had to do was call Concierge and it was done immediately. One of the Concierge employees even went out and got a birthday cake for my husband and brought it up to the room on a tray with candles lit, plates, napkins, and a knife to cut the cake. Thanks, Victor, you're the BEST!! Also, thanks to Karl, Anthony and Tony as well as all the other Concierge employees who gave us such great help. The breakfast served each morning was scrumptious and service was impeccable ... thank you Diana for making breakfast so enjoyable. We loved our stay and would recommend it to others. Another plus about staying at the Fitzwilliam was their location to most of the things we wanted to see and do. Thanks so much for making our stay so enjoyable and thanks to Elena for making our reservation and giving us such a gorgeous room. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2010

This was a wonderful experience staying in a "Real" five star hotel.

1 Thank HendyScotland
Co Armagh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

We stayed for two nights as part of our wedding anniversary. The hotel staff upgraded our room for free given the occasion. The hotel is well situated in Dublin making all the sites and shopping easily accessible. All hotel staff where very friendly and I found no faults with the hotel or staff accept from one issue. On the first morning I found the Eastern European breakfast staff very unhelpful, ignorant and arrogant and was disappointed with their service. On this morning it was a buffet breakfast but I found the staff on duty didn't replenish foods used and I was forced to eat rather a lot of sausages and bread to the point I began to “oink”, all that was left, and I was terrified to speak with these staff members. I have travelled many countries and stayed in many hotels and this said it didn't take away from my stay and I would recommend this hotel, and most certainly consider staying again. The second morning was a lot better owing to a change in staff. Excellent hotel!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple