“A taste of luxury and quality with friendly proffessional staff”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #16 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 10 February 2011

We spent a night in the FitzWilliam Hotel as a treat. The reason that I had chosen it was due to a recommendation by a friend, and due to a competitive price despite its 5 star rating. Its central location was terrific, our lovely room was overlooking St Stephens Green. The food was absolutely delicious, some of the best food I have ever tasted in Ireland. My highest praise is for the staff, they were so warm and friendly whilst being professional and discreet. We had a marvelous Irish waitress in the dining room, who told us she was from Galway, who made our meal so special with her warmth and cheerfulness. She was a little gem! The only thing better than the dinner was the breakfast, fantastic. I highly recommend the hotel for the style, luxury and quality of food, service and affordability. Great value for money, a real treat !!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,827)

Reviewed 8 February 2011

I picked this hotel because of the reviews on here & because of it's great location. I wasn't disappointed! The location is superb, on St Stephen's Green you are centrally located for shops, bars & restaurants, all within walking distance. Staff were friendly & helpful. My one complaint is that there was a peculiar smell on our floor, not sure what it was, but couldn't smell it in our room.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 8 February 2011

so the first room i go to the TV doesnt work and the wifi doesnt connect me, Get changed to a new room - and the TV doesnt work and the Wifi doesnt connect me - get the drift - Then the door falls off the mini bar, room looks ok albeit a bit small but the electrics are dodgy - light keeps flickering an and off, too tired to try and ring down to get someone to fix it,
go to bar and gin and toninc is warm, and expensive, and the bar food - dont bother- watery steak like it had been stewed. I just dont understand why people pay to stay here - because probably they are like me and the company does. Staff are ok - but all European - you know what i mean - no one really speaks english,. OK up to a point, Then the breakfast arrives 20 minutes late in my room - so have to rush before a meeting,

I wouldnt bother staying here if it was my own money., Rip off Britain - woops sorry Ireland, .

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jonathon h
CorahCaples, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2011

Dear jcqhill,

Thank you for posting your review during your stay at the hotel. Having investigated the matter I have determined that there was a poor picture quality in your first room; however the wifi and wired connections were and are, in full working order. The Manager on Duty, who came to your assistance, actually demonstrated on your own laptop how to use the system. Due to the picture quality, he immediately moved you to another room, where all fixtures and fittings were in perfect working order. We maintain the hotel to a very high standard and this includes all lights and electrics. If fact we have re-inspected your room to ensure that lights, electrics and wifi are in perfect working order – they are.

I further understand that the same Manager on Duty assisted you in the use of your United Kingdom mobile and explained that for Irish telecom users, you need to provide them with the UK prefix of “+44”, so that they can contact you during your stay in Dublin as the UK and Republic of Ireland are two separate countries with independent dialing codes.

All our gin and tonics are served with plenty of ice, unless otherwise requested by our customers. I understand from my bar team, that they checked on your meal and you indicated that everything was ok and that you completely finished your meal. Clearly it wasn’t and had you informed the team of your dissatisfaction, they would have more than happily offered you an alternative.

We have a mix of nationalities working in the hotel and all have proficient levels of spoken English. In fact, the Duty Manager that assisted you is from Dublin and like most Irish people, English is his first language and Gaelic is his second language.

As a gesture of goodwill, we have already placed a bottle of your preferred wine in your room and also two complimentary drinks vouchers. I sincerely hope you enjoy the remainder of your stay at The Fitzwilliam Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin and Ireland in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Corah Caples
Resident Manager

Reviewed 6 February 2011

Beautiful Hotel, Right on Stephen's Green. Right near the main shopping area. Christmas lights abounded. It ended up perfectly as we were there for lots of snow.. got to walk around the Green in that perfect early morning still of fresh snow. Cool little bar area.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2011

fantastic hotel, great amenities not to mention the perfect central location. the staff was welcoming, very helpful and made us feel right at home. favorite hotel in dublin

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 3 February 2011

I stayed here for my new years eve with my young child and boyfriend. We stayed in a "average room" but there was "average" about it, the style was modern and flawless. on our first night we arrived late, so we ordered room service. The portions were perfect amount, and they had no problem for me to offer off menu for my young son. The young man who served it to our room as a sweetheart who made me and my boyfriend feel in great hands. For our new years eve celebration we went to the restaurant for your meal. It was FABULOUS! At first the service as scattery when a young (Polish? or Russian?) man was rushed about as it was very busy but by the starters a Irish girl came and stayed as our waitress, and from then there was no such thing as no! our glasses were never empty and our bellys were kept full. My son became a huge fan of hers when she showed him a magic trick, and some how got him to eat his potatoes..I don't know how she did it but what i do know is that this hotel has amazing five star service.. I would recommend it to the Queen! I'll be back !

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2011

On arrival at the Fitzwilliam Hotel, Dublin we were very warmly greated. The checkin receptionist took us up to our room, which had a lovely four poster bed with a little balcony overlooking St Stephens Green.
Chocolate covered Strawberrys were also left in our room and a birthday wish from the manager.
The dinner in the restaurant was lovely and over looked reception area. The bar was lively with great service.
Breakfasts were fantastic, so much choice.
The only recommendation I would give to the hotel would be for some biscuits to be available to have with coffee/tea in room.
Could here music coming from the niteclub next door, but soon fell asleep so not too annoying.
Cant wait to go back.