“Quality Stay at a Quality Hotel”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #17 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Stayed in The Fitzwilliam earlier this week and really enjoyed it,Location is second to none.Decor is very contemporary. My room overlooked the Park out front which was a beautiful view in such a central location,Room had everything.Had a meal in The citron restaurant in the hotel,Special thanks to John and Eibh(Eve) who provided excellent service.Special mention to Aiden at front desk and Kamila in the bar.Thanks also to Will in reservations who helped me with my booking.Highly recommend this hotel and will be back

There are newer reviews for Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

Reviewed 26 February 2011

Great hotel--we never needed a taxi anywhere.
Try Peploe's for dinner on St Stephen's Green--- the food was truly amazing. Even busy on a Sunday night--but make sure to make a reservation.

1  Thank Gillian79
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Just stayed 2 nights here (Fri Sat)while attending a conference elsewhere. Not impressed at all. I have stayed in 2 five star hotels in recent months in London and Nice and the Fitzwiiliam has a lot to learn in comparison to these hotels.

I don't know whether it was because I was a solo female traveller or because I look young for my age ( I'm 29) but the attitude of some of the staff was totally unacceptable. At check-in I didn't get a "hello" or "welcome" from the German? receptionist, something common courtesy would usually dictate hotel staff do as routine. Her manner was off-hand and unprofessional in my opinion. I had to ask where the lift was, I had to ask when and where breakfast was served and she didn't ask me if I wanted help with my luggage. I was also not shown to my room by any staff member even though I later heard a couple in the hallway being accompanied to their room. This is basic, BASIC customer service that other 5 star hotels provide to ALL their guests .

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable but everything about this establishment is underwhelming. There are no luxurious touches,nothing to make me want to return.The decor of the room was standard, bland hotel fare.

Breakfast was fine, again nothing to denote a five star status.

On checkout, I wasn't asked how my stay was just to nicely round off the general attitude.

The location here is the main advantage. It is situated right at the top of Grafton Street and St. Stephen's Green so a good base. Apart from that I can't say it is a special hotel in any sense.

I hate knocking Irish tourism as I'm Irish myself but this hotel is miles behind the European competition. There is no effort being made here,the location seems to be relied on to ensure business but after that nothing sparkles, nothing made me feel valued as a customer. I won't be back and in this current climate I would recommend you stay somewhere else where your custom may be appreciated.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Irishbrightsmile
CorahCaples, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2011

Dear Irishbrightsmile,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, following your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the location and found the room clean and comfortable. Décor is very much personal taste and I regret that you found the vibrant colours of the carpets and furnishings bland.

The standard of check-in for very guest, regardless of age or gender, is to warmly, welcome them to the hotel and having completed check-in, to escort the guest to the room. During this journey, the Receptionist imparts information regarding the location of the facilities (food, beverage and otherwise) and timings of breakfast etc. Equally upon check-out, one of the standard questions asked is “did you enjoy your stay?” Irishbrighsmile, clearly this did not happen on your arrival, check-in and check-out from the hotel. Clearly, as a result of your experience you did not feel valued. Please accept my unreserved apology for this unforgivable lapse in our, normally, high standards.

All of the team is here for one purpose and that is to take care of all our customers so that they have a really enjoyable stay and return to us time and again. We actively ask our customers to rate our service and to provide suggestions that would make their stay even more enjoyable.

Irishbrightsmile, should business or pleasure bring you back to Dublin in the future we would truly appreciate the opportunity to warmly, welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Corah Caples
Resident Manager

Reviewed 19 February 2011

Great boutique hotel located right on Stephen's Green and adjacent to Grafton St. and the Stephen's Green Shopping Center. Harry's Bar just around the corner is a great place for a cocktail or a pint.

Dear agillespie81,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I was delighted to read you enjoyed the decor and the location of the hotel. We certainly are in the heart of Dublin city, which allows you to walk, with ease, around the city centre.

Agillespie, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam in the future.

With kind regards,

Corah Caples
Resident Manager

Reviewed 18 February 2011

At first we were a little disappointed with the understated appearence of the entrance, but we were so wrong, bacause this hotel is really great! The cozy room (be sure to get 2 twin beds as the 1 double is the American Full size bed) , the modern decoration, the polite reception staff, the breakfast, etc.,everything contributed for us to really enjoy our stay, but above all was the location: Just perfect! Walking distance to all we wanted to see, and surrounded by excellent restaurants recommended by the knowledgeable concierges! I will surely recommend The Fitzwilliam to all my friends who are travelling to Dublin.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Having never been to Ireland before we were relieved to arrive at the Fitzwilliam to be greeted by the wonderful concierge team. Lead by Robert, the team provided myself and my family with a comprehensive guide to not only Dublin itself but local day trips to near by locations like Wicklow and Hoath that were amazing. The local knowledge sure made our trip and the personalised service was much appreciated! The Fitzwilliam is well appointed and well worth the money for the service alone.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2011

We stayed at the Fitzwilliam on Valentine's night and pre-booked via the hotel's website. Pre-booking our evening meal was excellent value, although there did seem to be a glitch with the online booking that the professional staff quickly overcame.

Also despite the fact the menu for the evening meal was fixed, the staff happily arranged for a cheese board instead of the listed puddings.

The hotel seems a little more tired than its sister hotel in Belfast. However, we had one of the rooms overlooking St Stephen's Green and the view and small balcony were beautiful. I do think the rooms vary in size quite a bit, so if you are given one of the smaller rooms it would be worth asking if there is anything else available.

The location is perfect, central, but away from the hens and stags in temple bar. The hotel staff were unbelievably helpful, an extended check out, arranged at the last minute, and was free of charge and no problem to them.

Brilliant Valentine's break.