“first class hotel”

Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin
Ranked #56 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Stayed here for 2 separate nights as a stopover before flying to sicily on the 19.09.2012 and again on 24.09.2012 on the way home,and it exceeded my expectations. We flew into Dublin airort and caught the aircoach bus which drops you off right outside the hotel so location wise it was great and also good for getting around the city. Check in was efficient and friendly, the room was spacious and very clean, and the bed has to be one of the best that I have ever slept in ,2 very good nights sleep. We didnt have breakfast at the hotel. on checkout we asked if it was possible if we could get an upgrade as we were getting married in sicily and they said they would see what they could do, which was very generous and sure enough when we checked in for our second night we had a big room and they had left us 2 muffins on a plate which said congratulations which was a lovely touch. we ate in toddys bar in the hotel and the food was great and large portion sizes,and because the bar was busy and our wait would be more than 30 minutes they provided some lovely soda bread and butter! We also enjoyed afternoon tea which was amazing,the service was perfect, the food delicious and very reasonably priced, a lovely end to a great trip........ even if it was raining!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,532)

Reviewed 25 September 2012

If you like to be in the middle of things, this is the hotel for you. On one of Dublin's main streets, the hotel is a lovely 4 star--nice rooms, attractive lobby, and competent staff. But mainly, it is centrally located--near train and and the Dart stations. The Dart is a fast local train that takes you to several lovely seaside villages--all within 20-30 minutes from Dublin city center.The airport link bus, which is cheap, stops directly in front of the hotel and for the return to the airport picks up directly across the street from the hotel.

On the same block of the hotel stops about 15 different buses which take you all over the city and to nearly all of the main sightseeing places.. We bought an all day pass--about $4.50 per person and rode all around the city to several different sights.

Room Tip: We were in the newer section and called the hotel directly.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mickey75
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We travelled from Leeds am and Ryannair got us to Dublin quicker than it takes me to commute to Leeds. Stayed in the Gresham Hotel on O'Connoll street - fantastic hotel, friendly staff and really central. I recommend taking the open top bus to get your bearings. Everyone in Dublin makes your holiday cheerful and friendly - bus drivers, restaurant and bar staff. Temple bar is great - live music and River dance all great. Thank you ireland for a fun packed 4 days Jane and Dennis Idle Bradford

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Booked my mum and dad to stay here for the all Ireland. They loved it. I asked if it was possible to have an upgrade and they luckily for them they did. Stayed in one of the suites. They said the breakfast was lovely and the atmosphere in the hotel was brilliant.
Thank you very much staff of gresham particularly the check in staff who were so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I loved this hotel. It's historical but extremely well kept. Everything was so clean and neat. The food was wonderful and served in a timely fashion. It's centrally located and has a pub attached to it for an authentic Irish experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank steventiner
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed here a few times and always seem to end up with noisey room. and this time I asked for a quiet room which I didn't get. There is air con units And they buzz all night long. What annoyed me was I had asked for a quiet room. It was extremely busy on check out but I will be sending them a letter.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank siastra
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I always stay in The Gresham when in Dublin as I can be sure of a warm welcome and comfortable accommodation. On this occasion I was travelling alone and was upgraded to The Grace Kelly suite. This was a delightful and unexpected surprise - the suite itself was very spacious and beautiful but not overwhelming for a solo traveller and I could have quite happily have remained in my rooms for the duration of my stay. From the moment I arrived, staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were spotlessly clean at all times. As always I could sit in the bar or reception area on my own without feeling in any way conspicuous. All in all my stay was a treat from beginning to end and I look forward to the next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo