“Off to Dublin”

Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin
Ranked #57 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This Hotel is well placed and gives great access to all of the cities attractions. The Hotel bar and lounges are very plush and relaxing. I stayed in the fifth floor and the room was ok. Small and a little dated. I was not there to sit in my room however. It was a family get together and I have some musts for vsistors.

1. Go to Jonnie Foxes. Bus picks you up outside the hotel (10 euro) return, Best night out in Dublin. Great meal and Great Show.

2.Go to the Italian Corner over the penny bridge. (Best Italian Meal I have ever had)

The tour buses sit outside the Gresham so you cannot go wrong.

Thanks to Charlie and Eugene who were staff at the Hotel. Great advice on where to eat,drink and pray!!.

Room Tip: Fifth floor is the best location.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,462)

Reviewed 5 November 2012

From checkin to checkout this hotel is excellent. We had a fabulous big room with double and single beds plus sitting area. Staff were all very efficient and friendly. Good buzz in Toddys bar.
Will definately stay again

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Already one month ago and had forgotten to write a review. This indicates the hotel: it is OK, but not great; it is easy to forget. I remember the staff being very friendly and the breakfast being very good. For the rest the place is a bit run down although it has most of the basics. Don't expect luxuries, although the location is reasonably ok.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Super location. Right in the middle of things. Great welcome. Super staff. We didn't have a main meal, but the sandwiches, soups etc we did have were fresh and tasty.We've only visited twice, but we'll be back. No comment re pool or spa as we didn't frequent!

Reviewed 2 November 2012

We arrived at what we thought was a 4* hotel. Reception was good, checking in simple.. All that changed when arrived at our room( Room 111 ). The panel was falling off the bath, the room was small and dated.. I complained to reception, and we were upgraded to a deluxe room. This was very nice, airy and on the new side of the hotel.. (Room 560) no extra charge..
Staff were hit and miss, some ok, some not so ok!
In my honest opinion, do not stay here if you are after a 4* hotel.. Stay at the Westbury !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Only stay in a room on the 5th floor, the rest are dated....
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I really enjoyed my 2 night stay at the Gresham hotel.

I arrived a couple of hours before check-in and they explained that they had been really busy the night before and didn't have any rooms ready but that the concierge would take care of my luggage. Then the receptionist saw that I was from Canada and asked me if I had travelled that day and I said I'd been travelling for 24 hours! Immediately one of the other receptionists got on the phone to housekeeping and they located me an upgraded room that was ready. The first receptionist then promptly got back onto housekeeping and got them to 'VIP' the room.

I checked in 2 hours early and enjoyed the extras that the receptionist had arranged for me, like a bathrobe, slippers, chocolates and sparkling water. I was so extremely tired and so very grateful for their thoughtfulness and was able to get into the room and get some rest so that I could then enjoy the rest of the day in Dublin.

I don't think you could wish for a more conveniently located hotel for everything in Dublin. I loved being able to pop out for shopping, etc.

The hotel and room was great and I loved dining in the Bistro.

After checking out I found a minor error with my bill which they immediately rectified when I e-mailled.

I enjoyed the Gresham and thanks particularly receptionists for your thoughtfulness!!

Room Tip: Upgrade and back of hotel was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Three days at the Dublin Gresham from where we managed a game of golf, a night at the theatre and a day's shopping and sightseeing was as good as it gets.
The food was great, the room was clean and bright, the bed and linen had quality and choice, the staff were efficient and friendly and the central location of the hotel made travelling easy.
Despite the recession the Hotel offered good value for money without cutting corners.
On our next trip to Ireland we shall return to the Gresham for another helping of the good life.
John & Anne Walshe
A Hampshire Couple

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking OConnell Street combine interest and peace.