“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Cork, Ireland
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

On arrival we were greeted by a friendly member of staff who spoke about a concert we were attending to me little things like that mean a lot. The hotel was stunning and central to bars an restraunts, the room was simple but beautiful, checkout time is at 12 which is perfect as it gives u the time to have a shower get breakfast etc. I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody visiting dublin as the price was extremely reasonable, the location was perfect and the hotel itself was beautiful. Next time I go to dublin I will be booking again.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (815)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We have stayed in the Gresham before, and keep returning because it fits in exactly with the interests my wife and I have when we come to visit Dublin. I have a particular interest in Joyce and in the early years of the 20th Century. Most of the places I love are within easy walking distance. My wife loves to potter about, and there is no better base for pottering than the Writers' Lounge in the Gresham. Here the staff are friendly without being forward and are anxious to ensure that the visitor - no better place to relax between expeditions. The rooms are comfortable and have everything you might want.(except, sometimes, for a view). Breakfast was delicious. We did not have a meal in the hotel on this visit, but we have had in the past and have enjoyed our meals very much. For anyone interested in malt whisky (or whiskey), Toddy's Bar is a must. From the check-in staff to the porter as we left, we couldn't have been looked after by a frriendlier group of people.

1 Thank Kevin J
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

The location of the hotel is perfect right in the centre of the city.
Stunning hotel with everything on your door step. the staff are exceptional, very helpfully and pleasant . The food and service in the restaurant is excellent. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. It is a pleasure staying in such beautifully surroundings.

Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and I enjoyed very much our stay in the Gresham. From start to finish the staff at reception, dining and room were very welcoming and friendly. Ideally situated to shops, bars, restaurants and entertainment areas. We had a lovely room and we look forward to coming back to the Gresham in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

This is the second time I have visited Dublin but the first at this hotel and it's somewhere I would return to.
It's an ideal location on the main road with a bus stop right outside. As busy as the street is the noise does not filter into the hotel, which is nice.
There is a tourist office within meters of the hotel, and several places to eat nearby.
We arrived at the hotel very early in the morning, the staff were brilliant in helping, they kept our luggage without us having to check in. It meant that I could head out without carrying everything with me.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable, what more could you want.
We stayed on a B&B basis, which I would highly recommend, it's definitely value for money and caters for all diets and all ages. I don't think I have yet discovered a hotel that offers so much choice for breakfast alone. The staff that work there are really friendly and are always happy to help.
The building itself is beautifully decorated and very well maintained giving it a very grand feel

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

This hotel is one of the oldest hotels in Dublin . The stately building in the center of Dublin still exudes a certain class. Friendly staff at the front desk , but in the bar or lounge you have to wait a long time before you can get a drink. During the busy periods there is not enough staff available to serve you .
But most important : watch out for thieves ...... One evening we were sitting in the salon/bar when suddenly an older and rather messy lady sat down next to us. We found this woman rather mysterious and suspicious. Suddenly she placed her handbag right next to my wife 's handbag . After a few moments she left again, and she took her handbag together with my wife 's handbag .
She tried to walk out immediately, but fortunately one of the waiters had seen this and he could stop her , and he could give us back my wife's handbag. Everything went very fast that we did not really realize immediately what had happened .
So beware if you sit in the lounge / bar for the thieves ! !

Furthermore, this hotel was O.K. Renovation would perhaps be necessary

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank peters188644
Western Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

The Gresham is a beautiful old building with a grand foyer and lobby. My room, 308 was facing out onto O'Connoll st and had a great view. The room had plenty of space and the bathroom was spacious and modern. My only regret was the furniture was flat pack and not at all fitting of a grand old hotel. I had room service which was adequate and hot. Close to everything.

• Stayed January 2014