Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin
US$155
Sandymount Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$173
Stauntons on the Green(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$207
  • Breakfast included
Cassidys Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$153
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$131
  • Restaurant
Grand Canal Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$206
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
4,647 results
All reviewslavery wingo'connell streettoddy's bartaxi ranklovely hotelcentral locationtemple barairport busstandard roomlovely roomfollowing morningtwin roomtrinity collegeeveshamfoyerirelandeuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The location of the hotel is great, just a short walk from town. The hotel offers parking although a little complicated of how to get from the car park to the hotel reception: take a lift to 2nd floor (only works if you have a key card or else's you get stuck in the lift) then take a right and then a left till you come to another lift where you go down to reception! The bar is good, good cocktails. The room however was a little disappointing, the door would knock with drafts, the overall condition of the room is a little run a down and very basic. The breakfast was very good. The hotel offers free WiFi which is rather slow.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seb W
AndrewWalker, Front Office Manager at Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Seb W

Thank you for your comments following your stay at The Gresham Hotel.

I agree the location of our hotel is amazing, however, due to being in the city centre, the car park is located behind the hotel. To access the hotel from the car park requires our guests to go up in an elevator, across the hotel and down another elevator as reception is at the front of the building. I am not sure who you reserved through, but our website and direct confirmations advise our guests to park in the layby at the front of The Gresham, check in and we can offer directions and access tickets to the car park. For security reasons, we do require the use of a bedroom key card to access the hotel from the car park.

I have sent you a message regarding the other factors in your review, concerning the room as I wish to investigate further.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed the bar and breakfast. WIFI can slow down if there is a lot of usage at that time and I do recommend any guests having difficulty to contact myself, or any of my colleagues to rectify, as a number of factors do affect WIFI, such as device, distance, interference etc.

We'll look forward to welcoming you back should you be returning to Dublin in the future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel on valentines day with my boyfriend and got a very cold welcome from the porter who looked us up and down, which made us feel very uncomfortable. The receptionist didn't exactly look thrilled to be working, and did not give us a nice, warm welcome! As I walked in the door the room was clean and tidy, quite small, and the first thing that is straight in your eye view was the bathroom...not the most pleasant of sights! The room was extremely dated! Old furniture and carpet and the bathroom could do with a refurb as it wasn't the cleanest looking, but I must say the bed was comfy! The TV seemed to have a mind of its own as half way through the night the TV turned on all by itself, not the best being woken up in the middle of the night! When we came in later on in the evening we were questioned by a member of staff who asked for our name, room number and room card for 'inspection'. I did not expect this at a four star hotel! The room walls were paper thin, as the couple next door and opposite us were extremely loud when going in to their rooms and we could hear their full conversation when they were even in their room. Needless to say the checkout experience wasn't the best either. I have stayed in four star hotels across the world and have never been more disappointed in a hotel experience. I have stayed in a three star hotel in Dublin before, and I would rate it higher. Very disappointing, especially on valentines day when it was meant to be a romantic getaway!

2  Thank Dm49w
AndrewWalker, Front Office Manager at Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Dm49w

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Gresham Hotel.

I do apologise for any inconvenience during your stay and I have sent you a message privately to obtain further information, so I may investigate.

Being a licensed premises and for the safety of our guests and staff, we do have to ensure any guests entering the hotel late at night are residents, so we do ask for the keycard and name to cross check.

When I do receive your information, I shall be delighted to provide you with a more thorough response.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is an historic hotel on Dublin's O'Connell Street, and although not associated with the grandeur it once was, it is still a very comfortable property in a central location.

We stayed in the Lavery wing, which is to be recommended as the rooms are somewhat upgraded.

We conceded to tradition and had afternoon tea in the lounge, which is an experience worth having (also surprisingly filling).

Overall a nice hotel, but of late provides nothing particularly unique in Dublin.

Room Tip: Lavery Rooms are nicer than standard.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobsTrip M

Dear Robs Trip M

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Gresham Hotel.

I do appreciate you taking the time and effort to offer your feedback and we are all delighted you had enjoyed your stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any future stays, where I will ensure you receive our best available room rates.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

To be honest I wasn't expecting to be allocated a great room as we had booked a special deal and were advised that the room would be at the back of the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised when our room turned out to be more than adequate with a fridge, wi fi, flat screen TV and safe. The room was of a good size and the bathroom was also of a good size and had a separate bath and shower. No complaints about the bed either.

Regardless of their role we found all the staff to be pleasant and helpful. We had no complaints about the food either. There was a good choice at breakfast and the fresh fruit and freshly squeezed orange juice were a nice touch.

We had heard that O'Connell Street had a problem with crime/drugs etc. When we were there the local Gardai were having a crackdown on these activities (Operation Spire) and we quite enjoyed the excitement of seeing police cars driving about with the sirens blaring!

All in all we enjoyed our stay and would have no hesitation in staying in the Gresham again.

Dear EnergeticSeniors

Thank you for taking the staff to post a review of your recent stay at The Gresham Hotel.

We are delighted to read you had enjoyed your stay. Regardless of the room type, or price paid, we do offer LCD TV's, safe and free WIFI in all rooms along with a host of other features and the standard rooms are from 18 square metres. Upgraded rooms are 33 square metres and we even have a 4 bedroom penthouse at 279 square metres!

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to The Gresham when you are next in Dublin and please do not hesitate to contact me, where I will ensure you receive our best room rates!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed for 2 nights on February 15th for a Valentines weekend away. This hotel is right in the middle of Dublin centre, minutes walk away from all the sights and Temple Bar. The hotel is very old but absoloutly beautiful! Staff are so friendly. The rooms were quite small, but had everything that you needed. The bed was comfy, shower was AMAZING!

Brekfast was included in the morning and on a Sunday it is open until 12pm, which is great! It was a bufffet with traditional irish food and also continetal brekfast. The staff here was great too and the food even better.

Overall a great stay. Beautiful looking hotel- great location.

Dear MSLLA

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Gresham Hotel.

I shall be delighted to share your comments with all our staff at the hotel and we do look forwarding to welcoming you back on your next Dublin visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself where I will ensure you receive our very best room rates.