Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin
US$187
US$155
Sandymount Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$173
Stauntons on the Green(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$207
  • Breakfast included
Cassidys Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$153
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$131
  • Restaurant
Grand Canal Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$213
US$207
  • Room Service
4,647 results
All reviewslavery wingo'connell streettoddy's bartaxi ranklovely hotelcentral locationtemple barairport busstandard roomlovely roomfollowing morningtwin roomtrinity collegeeveshamfoyerirelandeuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2014

First visit to staying in Dublin and was very pleased we chose The Gresham Hotel.Great location, the room was very clean and spacious. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely go back.Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here for one night. The room was spotlessly clean and staff on the front desk pleasant. Bathroom facilities were excellent too. The bed was very uncomfortable due to the lumps in the mattress and my husband and I had a poor nights sleep as a result. Styling my hair was difficult in the dimly lit room, the space was more than adequate with a huge mirror above the desk/dressing table, but it had no lighting around it. The iron spewed water all over my white cotton blouse no matter what setting it was on. Breakfast was very disappointing with
disinterested staff and cold food. There wasn't any bacon left and when I requested some the young lady made no effort to comply, while I waited the rest of the food on my plate went cold. It's a good thing I don't mind scrambled egg as the fried eggs didn't appear either. I'd almost eaten this awful breakfast by the time my pot of tea arrived. I felt like I was sitting in a busy works canteen, a horrible start to the day. We certainly won't stay there again.

Stayed: April 2014
AndrewWalker, Front Office Manager at Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Rebecca186336

Thank you for your even following your stay at The Gresham Hotel.

I do apologise for the issues you had encountered, however, I shall be delighted to discuss these matters with you and I can be contacted at aw@thegresham.com.

Yours Sincerely
Andrew Walker
Front Office Manager
aw@thegresham.com

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We loved our stay at the Gresham , the location is great minutes walk from main attractions, staff extremely helpful, nice rooms, very good breakfast. Parking space needs improvement, was a bit dumpy and not easy to access.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Busy, traditional hotel centrally located on O'Connell Street. Good sized room, clean and tidy. Clean functional bathroom. Friendly, helpful staff. Good hotel facilities and a car park. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CPhillipson
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights last week with 2 other couples. Our rooms had been booked well in advance on Booking.com and we had reserved deluxe doubles, with large double beds (min 151cm). On arrival on the Thursday evening ourselves and one other couple were informed that these rooms were not available and that we had been given rooms with 2 double beds. We were told that to get a bigger bed we had to have a suite. The third couple were told that there was no room available at all but were - eventually - upgraded to a suite. When we got to our rooms we realised that they contained 2 four foot beds, not doubles. It was late & having been told that our room as booked did not actually exist we decided that we had to accept what we had been given. On going down for breakfast the following morning we were told that there was a hot or cold buffet. I asked at the hot counter if there was any fish available and was told no, by serving and kitchen staff. Breakfast services was not very good, probably because of understaffing, and the same thing happened the following morning. We were paying over €200 a night for this & were very dissapointed. I had not personally booked the rooms but checked the description on Booking.com and asked to talk to the duty manager on the Sunday morning before we checked out, to tell him we had been unhappy with the rooms but mainly to point out that the room description on Booking.com was incorrect. He listened to what I had to say & asked why we had not asked to change rooms. I told him that we had been told that a deluxe double with a large bed did not exist so we hadn't seen the point. He also said that the information on the website was 'just advertising'. This is the informatiom available to choose your room by!! After talking to the receptionist who had checked us in he said that the receptionist had been mistaken, did not know the size of the beds available, and had given us a twin instead of a double. He then offered to deduct a bar charge from our bill and told me to go & enjoy my breakfast. I told him that I had not so far enjoyed my breakfast because the choice was so limited, told him what had happened when I asked for fish and he went to talk to the head waiter. He came back with a menu, listing omelettes, fish and eggs benedict. We had never been offered it and had seen no one else offered it either. There were none obvious in the dining room. There is a menu at the door but it it generally so crowed it would be easy to miss it as we did and it certainly was not being offered at the table. I got fish for breakfast that morning and 1 nights' room charge and parking deducted from the bill as did our friends. It was too late though. Are we really to believe that the reception staff do not know what the different room grades offer or had they overbooked and said we would have 2 double beds thinking we wouldn't notice? Why would you ask to have your room changed if you have been told that what you booked does not exist? None of us had any doubt that the breakfast menu was deliberately not being offered. Why was there no fish available on the Friday morning but it appeared on the Sunday after a manager asked about it? The whole thing was a fiasco. I have stayed in Premier Inns offering a better breakfast. The hotel was full of bus tours so I can only suspect that they only want to do a buffet breakfast to keep the workload and staffing levels down. This is listed as a 4 star hotel the service we received was 2 star and we were treated like idiots. In Cork we stayed at the 5 star Hayfield Manor. Chalk & cheese and the Gresham was not the cheese! Rarely been so disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends