“Amazing.”

Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin
Ranked #56 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Loved staying here. Ever since I booked it I was excited. Beautiful hotel, staff are so helpful and friendly, room was lovely and spotless and the location of the hotel couldn't be any better. Great place.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Lauren Maguire
AndrewWalker, Front Office Manager at Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Lauren Maguire
hank you for taking the time to review The Gresham Hotel.

All my colleagues at The Gresham thank you for your kinds words and we do hope to welcome you back to The Gresham again in the future.

Please let me know if you will be staying again, so I may ensure you eclipse our best available room rates.

aw@thegresham.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,496)

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Gresham Hotel at the beginning of June as a special treat. The hotel was fabulous with very well trained staff they were always available for service but never over intrusive. The spacious lobby and bar areas were great to relax and have a chat. The hotel is within walling distance to most attractions but there is a taxi rank just outside

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear tweetypix

Thank you for writing your review following your stay at the Gresham Hotel.

I do thank you for your kinds words and I am delighted to, pass your comments onto our staff.

We do hope to welcome you back to The Gresham once again and please do not hesitate to contact myself where I may ensure you receive our most competitive room rates.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have stayed in most of the grand hotels in Dublin, I often come back to the Gresham. It is very good for value for money, considering its location, size of rooms, etc. I feel that customer service can certainly be improved though, had quite a few incidents that were resolved but not very efficiently. The breakfast is more than satisfactory it can get busy on the weekends and the service is lacking, they all seem to be moving around but the tables never seem to be cleared, all the left over still on tables isn't conducive to a enjoyable start to the day. Overall this is still a good value hotel, but does need improvement with customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian S

Dear Ian S

Thank you for your review for The Gresham Hotel.

I am please to read you found the hotel represented good value for money, excellent location and our facilities.

I have taken you points on board regarding breakfast. As we are one of the only hotels in Dublin to offer breakfast until 12 noon on the weekends, he do find it gets very busy from 10am onwards. On weekends, we have welcome letters available at reception, ag check in, to notify our guests of the various facilities available, but also to advise of the breakfast times and how it can get busy at this time.

I do thank you for your comments once more and we shall be delighted to welcome you back to The Gresham on any future occasions you are in Dublin.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself, where I may ensure your receive our most competitive room rates.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
AndrewWalker, Front Office Manager at Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed June bank holiday Monday for one night. Despite informing lady at check-in it was first time at hotel was not directed which lift to use and ended up dragging suitcase long way round corridors to room.

Room reasonably comfortable and clean but air conditioning not working and badly missed.

Overall good enough stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Helen2345

Thank you for your review for The Gresham Hotel.

I do apologise if you were not directed to the elevator. This is something I shall investigate internally, however, in a hotel of 300 rooms, there would be a walk to some rooms and the corridors can be long.

Without knowing which room you had stayed in, as tripadvisor do not verify the reviews, I am unsure of the air conditioning. Perhaps a room was booked without air conditioning, which would explain why it was not available. Our staff could also have investigated this, should we have been made aware.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here two weekends in a row. Dublin was very busy, but our rooms, located in the rear of the hotel, were nice and quiet. Staff at front desk and in dining room were courteous and helpful. Easy location to get buses and cabs, and a short walk to the major sites in town. Would recommend to friends.

Room Tip: quieter in rear of hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M B

Dear M B

Many thanks for your review of The Gresham Hotel.

I am delighted to read you had enjoyed both your stays and we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Please let me know of any return visits and I will ensue you receive our most competitive rates and complimentary upgrade.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed here on business and my room was spacious with a very comfortable bed. The only downside was that I got very little sleep due to the street noise, refuse collection early in the morning etc. The bathroom was fine and products are supplied, the shower was good with plenty of hot water. I am not a big breakfast person myself but there seemed to be a good selection of food but I only had the coffee which was fine. In terms of location it's not the best part of town by all accounts but I felt safe enough - note you have to show your room key when entering the hotel at night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Fourtyke

Thank you for taking the time to review The Gresham Hotel.

I do appreciate your comments and I am delighted you were pleased with the hotel.

As with many city centre hotels, there may be external noises which are beyond our control. I will be delighted to arrange a quiet room for you on any future occasions.