“The Gresham”

Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin
Ranked #54 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic 3 night stay here while visiting Dublin. Excellent location jumped straight off the bus outside the hotel. Very grand and impressive looking hotel, arrived around 8 am not expecting to be able to check until 2pm as stated on the booking, but was impressed that by 9am we could.
Big spacious room with queen sized bed and a large bathroom.
Breakfast was also of a good standard with loads of choice of hot and cold items.
Really would recommend

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank banksie1974
AndrewWalker, Front Office Manager at Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Banksie1974

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Gresham.

We are all delighted you had enjoyed your stay and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me where I will ensure you receive our very best rates and complimentary upgrade.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our flight arrived into Dublin an hour and a half early (4:30am!) and we arrived at the Gresham around 7am. The amazing staff let us check in and we thankfully crashed into our beds. The room was clean, nicely sized and the location of the hotel is perfect.

Dear Rebecca L

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Couldnt fault the staff the food or the quality of the room. We stayed for two nights and was right in the middle of the city centre which made it easy to get to shops restaurant etc. the sightseeing tours are right outside the gresham which is great for tourists. Will definitely be back again in the future

1  Thank Larry F

Dear Larry F

Reviewed 13 August 2014

From arrival to departure my wife and I were made to feel part of the whole Dublin experience. Staff were very helpful and friendly offering advice and directions and information. Room was immaculate and service first class- we will be staying again very soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Francis C

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I loved this hotel and was sorry I was staying just one night, especially as the bed was so beautifully comfortable!
I enjoyed my room overlooking O'Connell St., as requested, and it is great to walk out the door into the heart of Dublin. My room had everything necessary - I liked the tea-making facilities and the thoughtfully placed reading light.
The staff members I met were friendly and efficient, but not obsequious. Ideal!
A good meal in the Writers' Lounge was made more enjoyable by a great waiter from Kerry.
A little more awareness of us vegetarians would be good - e.g. more vegetarian options and a vegetarian cheese used instead of Parmesan in a meatless dish which they are likely to choose.

I like the hotel's associations with Joyce ("The Dead") and more recently with Leonard Cohen - I can see why he stayed here each time he was in Dublin.
This hotel has charm and atmosphere and I hope to return some day.

Room Tip: Rooms in front have a great view of O'Connell St. Rooms at the back are probably quieter if you...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Catherine S
AndrewWalker, Front Office Manager at Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Catherine S

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at the Gresham Hotel, which was an ideal location for exploring all Dublin has to offer and for being within walking distance of a great choice of restaurants. We had a large modern, comfortable bedroom and all the staff were excellent. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewWalker, Front Office Manager at Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear thehappy2Js

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I’m often reminded when booking city trips of the great value on offer at the Gresham Hotel, given the 4 star accommodation, amazing location and top class service provided. It really is a must to check out if you’re planning a trip to Dublin.

Dear MarieW04