“Great Location...Really friendly service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Galway, Ireland
“Great Location...Really friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Always greet me with a warm steam cloth ...and fresh bottled water for my train trip on departure.
Friendly, helpful staff. Lovely rooms. And just on Grafton street

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Dear 30catherine,

Thank you for your repeated custom which is most appreciated and thank you also for favourably reviewing The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.
It is thrilling to note from your review that you truly appreciate our focus on detail as well as the friendliness of our dedicated team which distinguishes The Westbury Hotel as a true Dublin landmark. I hope that you continue to enjoy our perfumed hot towels on arrival, the complimentary bottle of mineral water on departure and everything else in between for a long time to come.
I would like to ensure that we continue to delight you on every occasion and urge you to contact me directly if there is anything I may be of assistance with in the future at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com

Thank you once again.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

Outstanding property in the heart of Dublin. The location right on Grafton Street is in the center of all the action (high end shopping, pubs, restaurants etc.). The rooms are large and spacious (not tiny like in some Europe hotels) - top notch, beds VERY comfortable. The service at The Westbury is spot on; they could not be any more accommodating. Excellent front door staff and Concierge will cater to your every need/whim. In addition, very attentive/detailed housekeeping staff. I could not be happier with this property and would highly recommend it to anyone!!! It’s a winner! Nearby restaurant recommendations would be:

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse And Grill
Trocadero Restaurant
One Pico

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank JeffW79
Dear JeffW79,

Thank you for reviewing The Westbury Hotel in such a positive light and for having chosen our hotel over others during your recent stay in Dublin. The terms "awesome" and "outstanding" which you use in your description of our property and the service our team provide are most appreciated indeed and must be two of the most covetted adjectives sought by hotels from customers' comments.
I am thrilled to read that you also found our beds comfortable, our room-size spacious and that our Doormen, Concierge and Housekeeping Staff really went the extra mile in ensuring you had a delightful stay.
Thank you once again for your kind comments and perhaps the next time you visit you might like to try our superb Wilde, The Restaurant which has just been awarded its second AA Rosette and for which we at The Westbury Hotel are extremely proud.

Thank you once again for your generosity.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stay at the Westbury whenever we're in Dublin and always enjoy their lovely comfortable rooms, super location off Grafton St and in the centre of everything plus their helpful, professional staff.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cariasia
Dear cariasia,

Thank you for your positive review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you also for your repeated custom.
It is truly encouraging to read that you come to stay at The Westbury Hotel whenever you visit Dublin. I am delighted to note that you enjoy staying with us for a number of reasons such as the fantastic location, the luxuriously appointed surroundings and our wonderful dedicated team.
I sincerely hope that you continue to enjoy our renowned establishment and I urge you to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist you with in the future at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel soon.

Thank you once again for having reviewed The Westbury Hotel in such a favourable manner.

Kind regards,

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

The hotel is in agreat location right in the centre of the Dublin. Close to shops and St Stephens Green which is great if you want to do a tour of the city on one of the buses. The best thing about this hotel are the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and we were allowed check in at 11.30am rather the usual 3pm. We were also spoilt as we got upgraded to a four poster studio suite. The suite was fab and a welcome treat.
Breakfast was great and included in my package. I would say that if breakfast was not included i would not eaten at the hotel as it was 25 euro.......a little exessive even for a full Irish breakfast in a 4 star hotel.
All round a great stay and i will return.
Afternoon tea was also fantastic at the hotel and i would highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear NandJ82,

Please permit me this opportunity to thank you for having stayed at The Westbury Hotel and for having taken the time to write a favourable review of our establishment on Tripadvisor.
Our location is certainly second to none being located right in the heart of vibrant Central Dublin and as you also highlighted, our team are some of the finest and most dedicated in their profession. It is a delight to note your positive remarks and read how much you enjoyed your experience of The Westbury Hotel. Our fabled Afternoon Tea served on The Gallery every day is indeed a must while in Dublin and once again I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed this special treat.
While check in time is from three o'clock in the afternoon, we at The Westbury Hotel do everything we can to provide our early-arrived guests with accommodation as soon as possible and I am most happy to note that you availed of your room much earlier than anticipated on this occasion and that we had the availability to provide you with an upgrade.
The Westbury Hotel is proud to be a five-star hotel and a member of The Leading Hotels Of The World. As such we stand by our pricing structure which we feel is reflective of the quality of our products and the service we provide, not to mention the luxurious surroundings and facilities available to our patrons. I am glad that you were impressed with our breakfast offering and that you enjoyed an inclusive package which may be booked directly through contacting the hotel or by booking online on TheDoyleCollection.com

Thank you once again for your patronage and for the kind review.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

I booked a Superior Room at the Westbury Hotel for one night, as a surprise for my husband's birthday. The hotel itself is quite beautiful (extremely posh elevators, a gorgeous lobby), and being located just off one of Dublin's main streets, is perfectly placed for everything one might need.

From start to finish, the staff was faultless - helpful, polite, efficient. The room was much larger than I expected, with a queen bed, desk, seating area and plenty of storage space. The room was bright and airy, and quite modern (unlike some luxury hotels that are full of furniture and rather dark). The bed was wonderfully comfortable, the bathroom very smart, and the temperature of the room perfect. Among the amenities, there was a Nespresso coffee machine (which made surprisingly delicious coffee), heavy bathrobes, Aromatherapy Associates toiletries, and even weighing scales in the bathroom! Everything in the room was of very high quality.

We were on the fifth floor and had a great view along Harry Street and across as far as St. Ann's Church on Dawson Street. We didn't notice a great deal of noise from outside, despite the number of bars and restaurants nearby.

As I mentioned, I booked the room for my husband's birthday - a couple of hours after we checked in, a member of staff appeared at the door with a cupcake on a plate decorated with a personal message written in chocolate, a candle with a box of matches, and a card for my husband. It was a very nice touch (and my husband really enjoyed the cupcake!).

Room Tip: The lifts do seem to take ages to arrive so if you're on a low floor, take the stairs.
2 Thank ABookishBeaker
Dear Keeley_Mansfield,

Thank you for your favourable review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and for your much-valued custom.
I am thrilled to read that you and your husband had a most enjoyable stay with us on what was a special occasion and that you were surprised and delighted by our excellent team and truly wonderful surroundings.
It is most encouraging to note that our efforts to deliver a memorable luxury experience to our guests is being achieved and I hope that I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel in the near future.
Thank you once again for your kind comments and your custom.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

The best feature of the hotel is its location: right in the middle where the action is. It is certainly a good hotel. But we found it a little bit particular that the hotel is member of The Leading Hotels of the World given the fact that the bathrooms are quite small, that the toilet seat is hurting your legs the roomservice quite slow and the absence of a walk-in shower On the other hand the heatingsystem was working perfectly.
The reception at the frontdesk was more sufficient and adequate than hearty and welcoming. The overall idea is that it is a good hotel perfectly located.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank robnl
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear robnl,

Thank you for having chosen The Westbury Hotel as your base while visiting Dublin and for having taken the time to write your review of our establishment on Tripadvisor.
The Westbury Hotel's location is indeed second to none being located right in the heart of Dublin's vibrant social, cultural and commercial centre. Everything of interest is truly close at hand ranging from the magnificent St. Stephen's Green park to Dublin's museums, from the finest department stores and other shopping outlets to its theatres and legendary pubs.
I am concerned to note from your review that you were not surprised and delighted with your room on this occasion and I regret not having been given the opportunity to resolve this matter to your satisfaction prior to your departure from The Westbury Hotel.
I would very much like to hear from you to discuss your experience and urge you to contact me directly at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com at your earliest convenience.
The Westbury Hotel is proudly a member of The Leading Hotels Of The World and has recently been refurbished to the very highest standards.
I would like to thank you once again for your comments and your custom and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel in the near future.

New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We arrived on an early morning flight and took the shuttle bus into the city (very impressed that the shuttle had free wifi) The bus dropped us at the bottom of Grafton street and it was only 2 minutes walk up to the hotel. Great welcome & speedy check in had us swiftly transported into a well appointed room. Comfortable beds, Nespresso coffee and free wifi!

The hotel is close to great shops, Trinity college and the Hop on bus that is a great way to get a snapshot of Dublin & experience Guinness and Jameson whiskey.

I always judge the standard of customer service on how an establishment responds when things go wrong & the Westbury could write the book! There was a malfunction with the safe in our room and their customer recovery was exceptional.

They serve a great breakfast - get a table by the window & watch Dublin wake up.

All staff were courteous and friendly throughout our stay & this is a hotel that I would love to return to.

Dear Zamgal,

Thank you firstly for having stayed with us and secondly for having reviewed The Westbury Hotel in such a favourable manner on Tripadvisor. Your comments are greatly appreciated by all of our team who are dedicated to ensuring that all of our patrons thoroughly enjoy the hotel's wonderfully appointed amenities and who strive to assist in every possible way.
Reading your comments of "Fantastic Customer Service" is profoundly satisfying and encouraging and does great justice to our superb team and recently refurbished hotel. It is also delightful to note that you appreciated the finer points such as the complimentary wifi provided throughout the premises and the wonderful Nespresso machines in our guests' bedrooms which are restocked complimentarily upon request.
It is additionally nice to read that the issue with your in-room safe was resolved beyond your expectations and thank you also for mentioning this detail.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,