“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Malibu, California
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This hotel has the beauty of a modern hotel mixed with the kindness and generous spirit that is classically Irish. If you are staying in Dublin, for location, comfort, 5 star service and genuine graciousness, this is your hotel. Cheers.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Dear BRNR,

Thank you for having graced our hotel with your much-valued custom and thank you also for having taken the time to write a positive review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.
The charming description you composed in your review is not only appreciated by everyone here but rivals some of the most keenly worded promotional literature ever dreamt of by anyone in business! Thank you most kindly for this cherished praise which is as memorable to me as your recent stay at The Westbury Hotel is to you.
I genuinely hope that I shall have the honour of welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel at some stage in the not too distant future.

Joseph Downing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Very nice hotel and lovely friendly staff - one thing is the breakfast wasnt very big considering the price of the room > also, if you want a nice view you have to ask in advance - we were facing a brick wall but other than that nice place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear USA_tigers,

Thank you for having stayed in The Westbury Hotel and for having taken the time to write a positive review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.
Your comments are extremely important to us and I am delighted to note that you enjoyed our hotel's second-to-none location, superbly dedicated staff and beautifully appointed accommodation.
I am disappointed to read that you found our light breakfast option insufficient and the view from your room less than that expected on this occasion. I am most sorry that I did not have the opportunity of setting this right prior to your departure and I hope that I shall have the opportunity of ensuring an absolutely perfect stay in the near future. I urge you to contact me directly at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com if there is anything I can assist you with pending your return to our establishment.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your positive review and much appreciated custom.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed here for three nights in early May after our trans-Atlantic flight. The hotel was excellent, the room relatively spacious and attractive, the service extremely good. The hotel is steps away from Grafton Street and all the major tourist sights, so it is very convenient. We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

Dear carkeepark,

Thank you for your much-valued custom and for your cherished positive review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.
It is an absolute pleasure to read that you found our hotel to be excellent during your recent stay and I hope that we shall form part of your fondest memories of Dublin.
I hope that I shall have the honour of personally welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel in the near future.
Thank you once more for your encouraging comments and valuable custom.

Kind regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Ideally situated just off Grafton st , making it ideal to explore Dublin. Rooms very luxurious, we had a junior suite and it was very well appointed. All the staff were very friendly and attentive. A real treat was afternoon tea which was delicious and reasonably priced for a 5 star hotel. Would definitely recommend .

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Buchanan 1,

A most sincere thank you for reviewing The Westbury Hotel so favourably and for having chosen to spend time with us during your recent sejourn in Dublin.
I am truly honoured that you recommend The Westbury Hotel as an excellent destination and that our dedicated team succeeded in making your stay memorable for all the right reasons.
Thank you also for having indulged in our legendary Afternoon Tea on The Gallery. It is once again most encouraging to receive such compliments as yours in reference to your experience and to the value for money considering the standards maintained.
It is indeed a pleasure for me to respond to your lovely comments and I hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in person next time.

Thank you once again for your comments and custom.

Mumbai
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We were in Dublin for a 3 night break. Stayed at Westbury. Very well located. Withing walking distance of most sights that matter to a Dublin toursit. Helpful set of Concierge's. We were booked in what was described as "Studio Suite 1 Four Poster Bed". Very nice and very spacious. A good hotel with an unbeatable location makes this the `go to' hotel in Dublin.

Dear Stonethrower1,

Thank you for having posted such a kind review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and for having selected our establishment while spending time in Dublin.
It is truly delightful to read that you recommend The Westbury Hotel as "the go-to hotel in Dublin." I cannot think of a greater compliment and it is most encouraging for our dedicated team, myself included to learn of your satisfaction. I am delighted that your accommodation in one of our Studio Four Poster Suites was to your liking and I hope that you will return soon to enjoy our superbly central location and our dedicated team's attention to your needs.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

My husband and I stayed last Sunday and Monday night. Having arrived later than expected, we needed a quick shower before leaving for a bite to eat and on to the O2. Unfortunately our shower did not work. When notified, the very efficient staff and management dealt with this by firstly trying to fix it, and when this didn't work we arrived back from our night out to a suite and all of our things neatly arranged, a bottle of wine, chocolate dessert and a note of apology from Manager on Duty Joseph. To make this pleasant surprise even nicer, a manager whom we passed on the way up to our new room followed us down and identified us correctly by name, shook our hands, and apologised in person and presented us with a box of Butlers chocolates and spa products. I believe that this again was Joseph.

I would like to commend Joseph, the concierge and front desk team for there quick and efficient handling. Things happen, and inevitably will go wrong, especially in an establishment that is open and in use 24/7, however, how the team deal with it is very important and this is a hotel with a team I would be confident in. This review could have gone an entirely different way. Well done to all the friendly, helpful and courteous staff. Looking forward to seeing you all again.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Barolo3878
Dear Barolo 3878,

Thank you for your most kind recent review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for having chosen our wonderful property as your base while enjoying the delights of Dublin's vibrant nightlife.
I am delighted to read that the issue you experienced with the shower in your bathroom was surpassed by our swift action and that despite the initial setback, you had a most enjoyable experience of The Westbury Hotel. I must also add that I am honoured and flattered by your glowing praise in your review and it is comments such as yours which really instill one with passion for providing the very best in hospitality.
I sincerely hope that I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel in the near future. If there is anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me directly at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you once again for the most encouraging review.

Dublin
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Great Hotel & Great Staff,So close to all attractions.Rooms are very spacious and comfort is well worth cost.Stayed here for a night,Real Nice Experince

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Dear SaggiArcherDublin,

Thank you for your much appreciated custom and for your kind review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor. "Great hotel, Great staff" as well as "Real nice experience" are perhaps the most thrilling words of encouragement any hotel could aspire to.
Your comments are most appreciated by all of our dedicated team who I hope will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.