“A very nice hotel”

Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Cologne Germany
“A very nice hotel”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Last week our Association had its Annual general Meeting at the hotel.
The Westbury felt more like a private hotel and the service was impeccable and the general standards of the hotel outstanding.
The two meeting rooms we reserved one for the Board 10 persons and the other for the members 30 were perfect for our needs.
All the Irish people we met were most helpful and our members felt that Dublin and the Westbury hotel was the perfect venue for our meeting.
John W. Herbert
General Secretary
EDRA

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Dear johnHCologneGermany,

Thank you for recommending The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for having used our hotel facilities including our wonderful conference area.

It is truly delightful to read your kind review and everyone here greatly appreciates your positive review.
I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel in the near future.

Thank you once again for your most favourable review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Lodi, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Great service with friendly helpful staff. The room was comfy and very clean. Go out the front door and start shopping on Grafton St. It's all good!!! We needed some help navigating the remainder of our trip in Ireland as we had decided to give the car back. The gentleman at the consierge, Edward, was so helpful and got us the best means of transportation to each of our next stops. He was a God send for us!! Thanks Edward!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear LaurieR,

Thank you for your most kind review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for being one of our cherished customers.

Everyone here on the team including and especially Edward on Concierge is truly delighted by your delightful comments.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel in the not too distant future.

Thank you once again for recommending The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This is a lovely hotel. The rooms are what one would expect at a 5 star. Indeed, it is far superior to the Merrion Hotel which was very disappointing. I had two bugbears however. One was the fact that after a night out, we were interrogated by a bouncer guarding the door asking to see our room passes. It felt like we were underage teenagers looking to gain entry to a nightclub! The second issue was the lack of noise insulation from the next room. Whilst the neighbours were not loud in the least, when I was in the bathroom, I could hear every word of a telephone conversation next door. Noise insulation is the least I would expect of any hotel, never mind a 5 star one. However, I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Scully1234,

Thank you for your favourable review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for your valuable custom.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us over other establishments in Dublin and that you would return to stay with us.
Customer loyalty is something we greatly cherish at The Westbury Hotel.
I am concerned to note in your review however that you experienced some sound insulation issues from your bathroom and i regret not having had the opportunity to hear your comments in this regard prior to your departure from our establishment.
I would urge you to please contact me at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com to discuss your stay in more detail.
I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Thank you once again for recommending The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Leinster
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Won a prize of a night in the Westbury and stayed on the Bank Holiday Monday after the marathon.

The hotel is really central for shopping etc and they have improved the car park arrangement since the last time we stayed there a few years ago.

Grafton St is practically outside the front door which is convenient for men who tire of shopping!

The hotel has nice reception areas, but the rooms are a little dated. Noise can be a problem but in fairness this came from outside the hotel rather than inside, and you are in the city centre.

We had a family room with two queen beds and the room size was adequate. We opted to have breakfast in the room and it arrived on time with everything we had ordered.

We also strolled down to Trinity College to see the Book of Kells etc and the receptionist confirmed that we could stay parked after checkout which was generous considering the cost of city centre parking.

Overall, I couldnt fault this hotel - in that it ticked most of the boxes as expected. However it did feel like a hotel in a chain rather than a smaller individual boutique type.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear MikeLeinster,

Thank you for your favourable review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for having stayed with us.

I am delighted to note that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed your time at our hotel. I am concerned that you found your room somewhat dated and I regret not having had the opportunity to hear your comments prior to your departure.
I would like to take this opportunity to point out the The Westbury Hotel has undergone a complete refurbishment programme which we feel reflects the needs of the discerning guest and which allows The Westbury Hotel to be a member of The Leading Hotels Of The World.
The Westbury Hotel is part of a small group of eleven hotels located in Dublin, Cork, London, Bristol, Washington and Boston and this group is known as The Doyle Collection.
We strive to deliver excellence to all of our guests in every location and we provide a unique experience at each hotel.
I am disappointed to note that this does not appear to have been the case during your recent stay with us and I would greatly appreciate your contacting me at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com if you wish to give a more detailed account of your findings during your stay at The Westbury Hotel.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you once again.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We stayed for one night in one of the westbury's gorgeous suites and from the time we checked in we found the service and staff to be really helpful and attentative. There were lots of nice little touches that made out stay feel unique like no other hotel we have stayed in in the past. The beds are extremely comfortable and love the chocolates on the pillow ;-)

• Stayed November 2012
Dear emulkerrin,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us and for your most favourable review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

It is indeed a delight to read that this was your first time staying with us and that our wonderful hotel and dedicated team ensured you had a lovely time.
I do hope that it will not be too long before you return to us and I look forward to welcoming you back .

Thank you once more for recommending The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Best regards,

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We are from the uk but met our NY friends at the Westbury just for one night however, we would happily have moved in . It is a beautiful, friendly , professional, immaculately clean and totally central to shops and bars . Thank you to everyone involved x

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Dear julietscott,

Thank you for having stayed with us and for your most kind review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that our establishment exceeded your expectations.
I do look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay soon.

Thank you again for recommending The Westbury Hotel to others on Tripadvisor.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2012

This was our third stay at the Westbury Hotel, we stayed for three nights at the end of October for my husbands birthday and to visit family. We splashed out and booked one of the four poster suites which we feel was well worth the extra, a beautiful room overlooking Grafton street. Not too noisy at all. The room was very clean and was made up beautifully everyday and turn down service was lovely too. I would say that some furnishings were a tiny bit tired in places and was only a little disappointed with the bathroom, it was huge, plenty big enough for a separate shower but there wasn't one, the bath was very long though but again looking a bit tired, needed re sealing round the edges. We had breakfast in our rooms two out of the three mornings and we thought was reasonable forthw price, could of been hotter the first day but was lovely and hot the second day, tea was lovely. We were a little disappointed to find the marble bar closed during our visit,it was being refurbished I think so drinks were all served in the Gallery lounge which is beautiful to sit in, the piano was a nice touch too. The down sides were the service, took quite a while to get a drink and I ordered a Bellini and got brought out an alternative of passion fruit and prosecco in a champagne glass for €15! As they had run out of peach purée. Another gripe would be the sitting down situation for tea in the gallery, one afternoon my husband and myself returned from shopping and went straight into the lounge and asked to be seated only to be plonked on the corridor side of the lounge despite there being plenty of sofas free, we were told they were reserved which when you're paying to stay in a 5 start hotel you at least expect to be able to sit down comfortably in their lounge area especially as the bar was closed. We returned to our room and phoned down and asked for a sofa table and was told they had one for us so found it all a but confusing. On the one occasion we did have to call down to maintenance regarding the broken tv in the bathroom ( I nice touch we thought ) someone was sent up within minutes and had it fixed straight away so that was great. Front desk were very polite and helpful as we're the staff in Cafe novo where we had a Mel one night, delicious steak and chips and nice bottle of wine however they had run out of the starte we chose. All in all we would return to the Westbury as its so conveniently placed for us on our trips to Dublin but this time we felt it had just lost a little of that sparkle it had on previous visits.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor if concerned about noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Becla,

Thank you for your review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for having stayed with us on numerous occasions. Your loyal custom is something we greatly appreciate and value.

Despite your overall satisfaction with your stay I am concerned to note in your review that you mention a few things which detracted from your having the usual faultless experience.
During your stay the lovely Marble Bar was indeed being redesigned and we regret not having been able to admit our cherished customers into this unique space during that period.
Alternative seating arrangements, particularly for our guests, was provided on The Gallery at this time and as hotel guests you should indeed have been prioritised by our hosts.
I understand fro your review that this may not have been the case initially however I am glad to note that you were eventually accommodated. At this late juncture it is not possible to ascertain as to why you were not seated in a comfortable spot from the beginning.
I do regret not having had the opportunity to hear your thoughts during your stay with us however I should be most pleased if you would contact me at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com to discus your experience in more detail.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you again for your kind review of The Westbury Hotel on tripadvisor.

Best regards,