“A struggle to rate any aspect below EXCELLENT”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We had two studio suits in this wonderful hotel last month for my family of six. I just walked in from grafton st to book one week in advance for our stay. The reception staff were very professional and absolutely courteous in all their handling of my booking. I already gauged the upcoming stay experience from just that. That was just a fraction of the experience of our stay.
Upon arrival the bell captain, the reception, all staff were just great. The rooms are top class and I have been a guest in palace like hotels elsewhere around the world. The staff at all levels were all attentive, kind, and welcoming I was amazed how a city center hotel can have such service.
The studio suits are spacious and wonderfully appointed with great design and amenities. The bathrooms are first class.
We all enjoyed our stay with key aspect being service as first. The checkout staff even made the experience more exceptional. Checking out at 5.30am and getting happy and attentive staff just sealed our super star experience.
My final word: if in Dublin looking for top and super star service look no further than Westbury. Excellent location and service.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Waleed A
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Waleed A,

A pleasure to read your review, thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience at the Westbury.

I am thrilled that you had such a super star experience and I am delighted that our service really stood out and exceeded your expectations. We have an exceptionally passionate and enthusiastic team of individuals who truly enjoy being part of our guest’s experiences and simply love what they do. Your wonderful feedback is incredibly motivational for us all and is greatly appreciated, thank you.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope that you will return to stay with us soon.

Best wishes

Vincent O’Gorman

Write a ReviewReviews (4,099)

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I can only describe this hotel as fabulous.
We spend two night exploring Dublin and it was a treat to go back to the hotel, the location is in a perfect location.
The staff were very helpful and friendly, the restaurant was excellent, a breakfast to die for.
We stayed in a room designed for disabled use and I can only say that the bathroom was not to the same standard as other rooms in our party.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank nicolas2

Dear Nicolas2,

I am delighted to read you had such a great stay with us, thank you for telling others about your “fabulous” experience at the Westbury.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time in Dublin and that the location was suitable for you to explore Dublin and that you enjoyed your dining experience.

I am sorry to read that there were aspects of your stay that did not reach your expectations. The layout of our bathrooms do vary from room to room and some of them may not work for all our guests. We do however have a variety of rooms and we will be happy to offer you an alternative room type when you next travel to Dublin.

I hope that you can come back and stay with us soon again.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

The Westbury is a really beautiful hotel right in the hustle and bustle of Dublin's Grafton street.
I had a friend meeting me in Dublin from Amsterdam and we were celebrating her 30th birthday. As part of that, I had booked afternoon tea here. I let them know in advance that we were celebrating a special occasion and the fantastic staff went out of their way to make it a really special day: we had a wonderful table with a view of the high street, the service was impeccable and they brought us a little cupcake on a plate that was decorated with happy birthday! We went for the champagne afternoon tea for 36euros which I thought was really good value for money considering some of the other places Ive had tea at. As regards the content of the spread itself, (whilst I hate to say it it)- I found the sandwiches particulary average, but the fruit scones, petit fours and macaroons where to die for! I particularly liked the passionfruit one! In such beautiful surroundings and with such attentive hosts, I would definately recommend spending an afternoon at the Westbury!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear ToxicBuni,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your kind words following your recent visit to The Westbury for Afternoon Tea.

I am delighted that we made your friend’s birthday celebrations a memorable day and that you enjoyed the little extra treats which helped make the day special. I have noted your comments regarding the sandwiches and I have passed this on to our Executive Chef Thomas so he can address this with his team. I am glad that overall you had a fantastic time and you enjoyed our home made scones, petit fours and delighted that the passion fruit macaroons were a hit with you.

I will pass your comments on to the team for them to enjoy and I hope that you will come back and join us again soon.

Vincent O’ Gorman,
General Manager.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Excellent hotel. Wonderful, friendly service. The staff at all levels are terrific! The small downstairs restaurant is great (try the fish and chips). Also a perfect location for strolling around the heart of the city. Will be back !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael J

Dear Michael J,

I was so glad to read your feedback following your recent stay at The Westbury Hotel.

I was delighted that you enjoyed the brilliant service we provide to our guests and I am glad that you enjoyed Café Novo and that the fish & chips met with your approval.

I am very proud that my team delivered the best levels of service to you and that we met your expectations. As always I will be passing your kind words on to my great team. I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

My kindest regards,

Vincent O’ Gorman,

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Provided a lovely base to our weekend trip to Dublin. The city had so much to offer and 3 days wasn't enough. The staff and facilities were exactly what you would expect from a 5* hotel. The Whiskey lounge and bar was lovely for a pre night cocktail or post night whiskey and the breakfast was perfect.
A real 5 star hotel :)

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear 1SabastianDavid,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Westbury Hotel.
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our location, facilities and our wonderful bar & lounge, maybe next time you can stay a bit longer than 3 days.

I hope that you can come back and stay with us soon again.

Vincent O’Gorman,

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a really terrific hotel.
Location in the thick of town is superb. You walk everywhere. Service was A+. Every request was granted and quickly delivered. Room was a lovely suite with a nice view of the city. I'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank TravelMasterGreg

Dear Travelmaster6456,

I am delighted to read you had such a great stay with us, thank you for your review on Trip advisor and for telling others about your stay at the Westbury.
I was so happy to read your kind words and that you really did enjoy the A+ service and facilities we are all so proud of. I am delighted that you plan to come back and visit us again and I hope that The Westbury is now your home away from home.

Vincent O’ Gorman

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Thank you all at the Westbury Hotel Dublin, especially Rachael working with guest relations for you personal assistance, organizing arrangements prior to my arrival on our special day.

I am pleased to say that we will be returning to The Westbury Hotel in the near future.

Thank you all again for a memorable stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank T Orlando T
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear T Orlando T,

A pleasure to read you had such an enjoyable anniversary with us, thank you for posting such a wonderful review of your experience at the Westbury Hotel.

To know that our team made you feel truly special is indeed wonderful. We know how important these moments are for our guests and will always do our very best to make these occasions and celebrations as memorable and special as possible. Rachel and our team genuinely enjoy playing their part in making these experiences truly memorable and will be delighted to know that they helped to make it an anniversary to remember.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to what I hope is now your home away from home in Dublin.

Best wishes