“Lovely hotel ,really enjoyed our stay ,”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We did a 1 night stop in the westbury booked via Amex and it was a really nice hotel.

We had afternoon tea which although pricey at 30 euros a head if you have done an Amex booking is delicious ,sandwiches are beautiful ,fresh etc Etc.in a lovely lounge area.
Rooms are lovely ,great big bed

Only gripe we had to catch an 8 o'clock flight but breakfast is not served until 7 o'clock,can't even order room service until 7 .....????

2  Thank LondonHighgate
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear LondonHighgate,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you were impressed with our hotel and that you enjoyed our wonderful afternoon tea served in the Gallery.

I am sorry that we failed to facilitate you for an early breakfast, we do offer for early morning departures a take-away option of breakfast and I regret this was offered on this occasion. Thank you again for your feedback which is important to us as we can only improve our service and facilities if we genuinely listen to our guests.

I look forward to having you stay with us again and thank you for your review.

There are newer reviews for The Westbury

Reviewed 17 November 2013

What a hotel!! Only stayed one night but would've loved to have stayed longer! Fantastic staff - incredibly helpful and always with a smile on their face. The location of this hotel is second to none in Dublin. The room was a little smaller then I expected but wasn't really an issue as because of the location and the fantastic areas within the hotel why would you want to "hang out" in your room!!?

Had dinner in the bar and the food was wonderful and the chef was so obliging to strange requests!!

Fab Fab Fab..... a 5* hotel at the top of it's game!! Might have been my first stay but most definitely won't be my last! I look forward to returning to this gorgeous establishment!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Gerky79,

Thank you for your fabulous review.

I am thrilled that we you thought we were on top of our game and delighted that our chef was able to facilitate your special requests for dinner.
Your wonderful positive feedback is incredible motivating for our team and thank you for your fabulous review.

We look forward to having you stay with us soon again.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here some time ago with my two children and my friend. We got the train to Dublin and walked to the hotel. The foyer is up a small set of stairs from street level and was rather tatty looking and didn't appear 5 star! Even though we looked like we had been living on the strees by this stage we received a warm welcome and were offered hot towels (with orchids palced on top!) upon arrival. Our bags were taken to our room, and even though we had no cash with us and couldn't tip the porter he was totally gracious. Customer service to me is the key, and we certainly had no complaints there. The room was perfectly clean and comfortable. New slippers, soft bed linen and an espresso machine in the room. No sachets of Nescafé here! The extra glazing on the windows prevented much of the street noise although the view wasn't particularly pretty. Quality toiletries in the bathroom and a telephone in case you needed to call reception whilst in the loo!
We all had the best sleep ever in the king sized beds (of which there were two in the room). It really was blissful after a long day of shopping and sight-seeing.
Breakfast next day was just mediocre because the deal I got didn't include a cooked breakfast so we ate in the public area where there was tea/coffee/wheaten bread/croissants/jam available. I think we maybe missed out on other things because we were down later than others.
I would stay again because of the wonderful central location but more importantly, the great customer service which is a deal-breaker as far as I'm concerned.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear angieGnew,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted that our location worked for you. Our priority is to build and deliver a personalized service and I am delighted that our team delivered just that to you and that it was a deal breaker. Thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed here on business for 2 nights in November 2013. The location is superb. Easy to get to if you have a sat nav in your car. Parking is not a problem and I'm talking the very centre of Dublin City. The location cannot be matched and definitely cannot be beaten...... The pedestrianised Grafton Street is outside the front door. It's the main shopping street in the country.

The room was on the 4th floor and was spacious and what one would expect from a 5 star hotel. Wifi is free throughout.... Rooms comes equipped with what you would expect. The restaurant was excellent and Dinner was super. Afternoon tea is very popular here and again I found it top class.

The staff in this hotel make the place that bit extra special. There is a homely feel about the place and it is fantastically decorated for the festive season.

Breakfast here is as good as I have ever had anywhere.

Can't rate this place highly enough. Hats off to the Westbury.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear IrelandPad,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to The Westbury and thank you for taking the time to review The Westbury on Trip Advisor.

I am thrilled that our location worked for you and that our service exceeded your expectations. Our location is indeed fabulous and great to get out and visit the many bars restaurants and shops which are on the main shopping area and street in the country!
Our Afternoon Tea is always a hit and I am glad that you managed to enjoy this as well as dinner in our beautiful restaurant.

I am thrilled that our wonderful staff helped to make your stay that bit more special. We strive to deliver the highest level of service so as to ensure our customers will return. I do hope that you manage to come and visit us again. Thank you again for your review.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at the start of a tour featuring 5 star hotels. Modern & hip but music was too loud throughout the hotel, i.e., lobby, elevators, etc. Food in restaurant was mediocre. Location was hard to drive to as it was in middle of pedestrian shopping area. Not impressed at all.

Room Tip: Try to get a room high up and away from the street traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AltheaH2012

Dear AltheaH2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent visit to us.

I am incredibly sorry and disappointed that you felt your stay was not up to our usual high standards. May I start by apologizing unreservedly for failing to meet your expectations, it is unacceptable and I can assure you we take your feedback very seriously indeed.

We strive to achieve the highest standards of service and quality, and I was disheartened to read that your experience was disappointing. Again, please accept my sincerest apologies that we failed to meet your expectations.

We take full responsibility for the experiences and quality of services provided to our guests. Therefore upon your next visit, I would like you to contact me directly so that I may personally oversee the details of your reservation.

Once again thank you for bringing your experience to our attention and I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel on your next visit to Dublin.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed in the Westbury on a 3 Day City Break in November and it was 5* Luxury all the way.
The check in time was 3.00pm but having requested an early check in before arrival we were told the earliest it would be available was 1.30pm. We arrived at the Hotel early at 12.00pm and obviously the room wasn't ready so they took our luggage we checked in and they said they would ring us when the room was ready. We went down to Cafe Novo in the Hotel to have a coffee and 10 minutes later the mobile went and the room was ready.
The room was large airy. warm, big windows, modern and spotlessly clean. There was a huge flatscreen TV, very comfortable furnishings, the bathroom was large and had two sinks. Our luggage was already in the room waiting for us.
The concierge supplied us with local maps and excellent advise on which attractions were worth a visit and details of the best ways to get to them.
Every time we walked into or out of the hotel doors were opened for our passing, every member of staff greeted us as we passed and their demeanour was always cheery.
Every evening the bed was turned down, slippers and robes left out, a chocolate left on the pillow, a fresh bottle of mineral water and crystal glass left by each bedside.
All toiletries and all refreshments were replenished every day.
Breakfast was a triumph of a Hotel Breakfast. A continental option offered a ridiculous selection of cheeses, meats, quiches, yoghurt's, fruits, juices, cereals and pastries.
The Hot Breakfast had a plethora of options too from a Full Irish with a generous selection of the usual favourites through omelettes, muffins, waffles, pancakes etc etc.
We tried both the Hotels Restaurants and I will be reviewing them separately but suffice it to say they were both excellent.
Finally was the Hotel Cocktail Bar where we sampled probably a few too many exotic multi-coloured versions of liquid heaven but again the ambiance was perfect, the staff knowledgeable and effusive in their helpful manner. The free nibbles were almost a meal in themselves.
Location wise the Westbury is perfectly located for the main shopping drag of Grafton Street and very central for most of the main attractions which all seemed to be only a short walk away.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked to be pretty good.

Dear Peter G

Wow! What a wonderful review, thank you so much.

I am thrilled that you thought our service was Luxury five- star all the way. I am delighted that our team were able to assist you from the moment you arrived until your departure. It is a pleasure to read your review and know that we managed to exceed your hight expectations.

Our team genuinely cares and above all love what they do and it is always very encouraging when this is so positively reflected in our guests’ feedback. I know my team will greatly appreciate your kind words when we share it together so thank you again.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Vincent O’ Gorman

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Had a lovely weekend here, truly comfortable, luxurious and welcoming hotel. Friendly attentive service, great food and cocktails, I have never stayed in a better hotel in Dublin. We enjoyed the location, perfect for a short break in this great city. Can't wait to go back!

Dear Tricky26,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your visit to us in November.

I am delighted that you has a wonderful weekend with us and that you experienced a wonderful welcome. As a team we strive to deliver the highest levels of personalized service that will hopefully ensure our customers always return and I am delighted that you are planning a return trip.

Thank you for recommending us so highly, for taking the time to write about your time with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,