“Great Location and Excellent Service”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Banbridge, United Kingdom
“Great Location and Excellent Service”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Arrived around 13.00 with my wife. Check in was speedy and courteous. Room was standard size but well fitted out. Room had tea & coffee making facilities along with flat screen TV, hair drier, iron and board, fridge & free in-room safe and free bottled water.
Had breakfast each morning which was excellent and also had one evening meal in the lounge which we thoroughly enjoyed. We also had coffee mid morning and also afternoon in the large beautifully decorated lounge.
We would have no hesitation in recommending the Westbury Hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear James M

Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review following your recent visit to The Westbury.

We are delighted that we managed to impress you so much and thank you for your comments on our service and our team.

We hope that you visit us again soon and thank you for your review. I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Yours sincerely

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Coleraine
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We have stayed at several hotels in central Dublin but now only stay at the Westbury as it meets all of our requirements. It's location is right beside the Grafton Street shopping area and walking distance from anywhere else we want to go, such as Arts Centre, St. Stephens Green and Nassau Street, not to mention the many fantastic restaurants such as Trocadero, etc.

On arrival, give your car keys to the Concierge for safe underground parking, reception is exceptionally customer focused and make you feel special. The rooms are high standard and very comfortable with all one might need.

A change made this autumn was to extend the Dining Room evening menu into the Lounge area which was a great move as far as we were concerned. Both normal Dining Rooms have an excellent range of dishes and great service.

Overall an excellent hotel which I reccommend to any of my friends visiting Dublin. This hotel has location, atmosphere and style.

Robert A
Coleraine

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are now a little quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear 990RobertA,

Thank you for taking the time to write your great review on Trip Advisor.

I am thrilled that you only stay at the Westbury and that we meet all your requirements. Our location is a great bonus and is great to stroll down Grafton Street and browse the shops, bars, restaurants and the many other facilities which are literally on our door step.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again and thank you again for your review.

I wish you a very Happy Christmas and a great New Year.

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 30 November 2013

In a difficult to reach location, the room was just about standard. Car parking was full, not included and overpriced. When asking for directions to the hotel through the one way streets was recommend to rent a GPS from hertz. Staff were dismissive of parking issues and were unable to help with an hour early check in after a long trip to Dublin. I'd recommend the Fitzwilliam for a much better experience in the same area of town after a recent visit there.

Room Tip: Go to the fitzwilliam with a view of the green.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank johnscully
Dear Johnscully

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip advisor.

I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. We strive to not only meet but exceed our guests’ expectations and it is incredibly disappointing that we failed to do so on this occasion.

I would welcome the opportunity to have you as our guest again and if I can ever be of any assistance in the future please do let me know.

I hope that you have a very Happy Christmas and New Year.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The Gallery in the Westbury has been a favourite of mine for many years as a good place to have morning coffee, a light lunch, afternoon tea or early evening drinks in the centre of the city. My most recent visit was last Tuesday. The Gallery was less than a third full and it was lunchtime. My friend and I ordered drinks and then I asked if I could have a plain chicken or ham sandwich. No was the response. Apparently I was only 'allowed' to have a club sandwich, no other kind. I was also told that I could also have a bowl of soup, a scone or something from the lunch menu. I did not want any of these things, I just wanted a simple sandwich. After such a reception I didn't bother to order any food. Perhaps we were just unlucky with the service but it was very disappointing - I will go to the Shelbourne or Westin in future.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank WalshDublinIreland
Dear WalshDublinIreland,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent visit to The Westbury.

I hope you will allow me to start by apologizing unreservedly for what was undoubtedly an unacceptable and understandably frustrating experience we clearly failed to deliver the service levels we pride ourselves on and this is simply inexcusable.

We have recently changed our menu on The Gallery however we always try to facilitate special requests but clearly we failed on this occasion, please accept my sincere apologies. Only through comments such as yours can we constantly strive to improve our operation and thank you for taking the time to pass these on to us. I sincerely hope that my apology and assurance that we take your comments seriously will restore some of your faith and allow you to give us another opportunity to show you what we can and do deliver at the Westbury. I would be very grateful if you would contact me personally when you are next planning to visit us so I can restore your faith in us.

I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Beautiful and great hotel. Everything was espectacular, the decoration, the reception, the staff, the room, I recomended because is difficult to have all the attention you need been satisfied for people being well prepare. I had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Rosa M,

Thank you for your great review following your stay in October.

I am delighted that we managed to exceed your expectations and that we made you feel special and that you love us.

As a team we strive to deliver the highest levels of personalized service that will hopefully ensure our customers always return.

Thank you for recommending us so highly, for taking the time to write about your time with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Kind regards,

Vincent O’ Gorman
Cumbria
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My fiancee and i stayed here for three nights in November to enjoy a city break in Dublin. We decided to pay a bit extra for a hotel and reading online the Westbury seemed to fit the bill. We were so glad that we did as this was one of the best hotels we had ever stayed in. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel so welcome, and nothing was too much trouble for the staff, who were attentive, professional and most importantly so friendly. Every person who we came into contact with would smile and say hello.

The interior of the hotel was superb, we had afternoon tea in the gallery, we had drinks in the marble bar, and had a meal in the restaurant, and the food, drinks and service were all excellent and all in luxury surroundings that you would expect from a five star hotel.

Our room was also top notch, it was nice after a long day in the city to come back to your room in the evening, and the sheets had been turned down and there was a bottle of water and slippers by the bed. And in the morning you could have a coffee from the nespresso machine and order a (huge!) full irish breakfast to the room knowing that when you went out for the day your room would be impeccably clean when you got back.

On checking out we both agreed that our choice of hotel had made our city break special and if we are ever in Dublin again we would not hesitate to book at the westbury again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Craig S,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your visit to The Westbury and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

It was such a pleasure to read that you had a fabulous time and that our service was excellent.
To know that our team made you feel truly special is indeed wonderful and that all the staff that you were in contact with made you feel so welcome.

I hope we will be have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon and may I to wish you a wonderful Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Dublin
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed last saturday night with a large group of colleagues and friends.
I thought from our initial greeting it was going to be wonderful.
It was for the most part but unfortunately on Sunday morning we had to wait for almost an hour for a table for breakfast,
Yes it was busy but a hotel such as the Westbury should be able to cater for the numbers.
There were no bowls available for fresh fruit and it was all a little rushed.
However the staff couldnt have been more pleasant but I feel a little let down

Room Tip: Didnt use the spa and dont think they had a pool
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Binks 15,

Thank you for posting your review following your recent visit.

I am very appreciative of your feedback, despite obviously being disappointed that we did not manage to deliver the perfect service experience during breakfast please accept my sincere apologies for the delay you experienced. We clearly did not manage to achieve unparalleled service to you and it is simply not good enough that we failed to deliver.

I hope that this experience will not prevent you for returning to us in the future and hopefully we will have the opportunity to showcase the high standards of service we strive to achieve.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you return to visit us again.