“The best hotel in Dublin.”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We had an exceptional Hotel experience in The Westbury room no 632 their Presidential Suite...
Our genial receptionist Hazel was courtesy personified & very persuasive in recommending
the hotel's premier suite.The last word in Luxury & service.Thank you to all the staff for making
our stay so memorable.X

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Delia A
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Delia A

Thank you so much for your fabulous review following your recent visit.

It was a pleasure to read your review and to know that we exceeded your expectations your positive feedback is very encouraging to all of us.

Hazel is a wonderful asset to our team, she cares a great deal about our guests and will always go the extra mile to ensure our customers are looked after, thank you for recognising her. I am thrilled that you experienced the Luxury and service and that you took away such treasured memories.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Westbury when you are next traveling to Dublin.

May I wish you a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Vincent O’Gorman

Write a ReviewReviews (4,183)

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here with my mum, aunt and sister for a shopping trip. Found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. Room was lovely, plenty of space with the extras you expect from 5 star - nice Nepresso machine, turn down, chocolates on the bed. We all arrived by train/bus so didn't have to worry about parking. It is perfectly located for city centre shopping. We didn't eat at all in hotel, so can't comment on the food.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Fid

Dear Alasdair V

Thank you for such a great review following your stay with us at The Westbury.

It was a pleasure to read that you were so impressed with our staff in particular. I am thrilled you thought our service and our team made your experience exceptional and that our location just off Grafton Street worked for you your mum and sisters. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the turndown, Nespresso coffee machine, and the chocolates at bedtime.

Thank you for choosing and recommending the Westbury, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently for a romantic getaway. Availed of Afternoon tea but didn't have any other meals there

We really enjoyed outlet stay. The hotel has a classy vibe, the staff are dressed at a very classy level too which helps set the atmosphere. For tourists visiting Dublin, the location is perfect.

Rooms were spotless, fresh and vet comfortable. Wifi was complimentary (as it should be) and there was no charge for the valet to park your car. (Although there is a parking charge)

The bar is cosy (grab a seat by the fire)

The only constructive comment was the service during afternoon tea was a little bit sloppy (it was very busy) but given out leisurely approach to the occasion it didn't effect our enjoyment.

Highly recommend.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ImprovisedTravel

Dear ImprovisedTravel,

Thank you for your great review following your romantic getaway.

Whilst I am happy to hear that our location works for you and that you feel the style, décor and upkeep of our Hotel ticks all the right boxes for you. However, I am disappointed that we failed to deliver exceptional service during your afternoon tea and please accept my sincere apologies for what should have been an enjoyable experience. I hope that this experience does not deter you from returning to us again and I look forward to having you stay again with us at The Westbury.
May I wish you a very Happy Christmas and New Year.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I recently had afternoon tea in this hotel with my husband and found it to be way overpriced for what we received.Especially as it is a lot cheaper in another 5* hotel around the corner.When I expressed my disatisfaction with the price for a very small afternoon tea to the waitress her attitude was of indifference.Not the sort of service or experience you would expect in this hotel.
Very disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank t f

Dear tf

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

There is no excuse for the inattentive service and standards you experienced while having afternoon tea recently and I wish to apologise unreservedly for the fact that we failed to deliver the personal, detail driven service we strive so hard to achieve. I fully take your comments on board, we will learn from this, close these highlighted service gaps as a matter of urgent importance and simply be better next time.

I sincerely hope that my apology and assurance that we take your comments seriously will restore some of your faith and allow you to give us another opportunity to show you what we can and do deliver at the Westbury. I would be very grateful if you would contact me personally on Vincent_ogorman@doylecollection.com prior to your next Dublin trip for afternoon tea, I am confident given the opportunity that we can restore your faith in us.

Thank you again for your review and I wish you a very Happy Christmas and a great New Year.

Vincent O'Gorman

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed in the Westbury whilst we were Christmas shopping in Dublin.The obvious plus side to this hotel is it's location right in the heart of Grafton street but we were worried that this might also be it's downfall(noise wise).Our rooms were overlooking two pubs with a lot of people outside but once you closed the windows you couldn't hear a peep!The rooms have an understated elegance with a badly needed Nespresso machine.The breakfast was very good with a good choice of cheeses,quiche,smoked salmon etc..The only thing that could be improved on is the flavour of the full Irish.This hotel is a gem and we are already planning our return trip!

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank deauvile

Dear Deauvile,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to The Westbury.

It was a pleasure to read that we exceeded your expectations and that our location worked for you. I am glad that you were impressed with our triple glazing and that you managed to get a great night’s sleep and I am delighted that you are planning to return to us soon.

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your breakfast I have passed your comments on to our Executive Chef for him to review.

I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I had one night at the Westbury on business in November 2013 and wish it could have been longer.
Location,facilities and most of all service were excellent .I will definitley return with my wife for a longer stay

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dean Calculator

Dear Dean Calculator,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

Superb to read that you thought our service, location and facilities were all excellent. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and telling others about the Westbury.

It was a real pleasure to have you with us and I am thrilled you had such an enjoyable stay. I am delighted that you are planning to return and bring your wife.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back and may I wish you a very Happy Christmas and New Year.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westbury for three nights while enjoying the end of our vacation in Ireland. It is in a great location - close to everything, but tucked away on a side street. The bar was a little too upscale for what we wanted (we were more focused on pubs and than clubs) but the hotel itself was beautiful. On our second to last night, my husband came down with a significant fever. The staff was amazing! The overnight desk clerk came up to check on us and made sure we knew he could call a doctor. It was a great stay and I would definitely return!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Colleen B

Dear Colleen B

Thank you for your review following your recent visit with us at The Westbury.

I am delighted that our location worked for you and that you managed to take in the many attractions in the area. I am glad that our team were able to offer assistance when your husband became ill.
To know that the team were there for you at this difficult time and to know that if you needed assistance it was there for you, surely must have made you feel secure. I am glad that your husband managed to recover.

I am delighted that you are planning to return and thank you again for your review. I wish you a very Happy Christmas and New Year.